Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Uprev Cable Updated and Stopped Working... Now What?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 11:29 AM
Warishuku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Uprev Cable Updated and Stopped Working... Now What?

Hi guys!

I know that this problem has been discussed in this forum recently, but I have never found a concrete solution for it....

So, I have an old Uprev cable (Osiris, blue OBDII connector) that I used to use in my car in the past, I didn't use it for some time and now I ran the Uprev software again and everything got updated... so no more Cipher/Osiris standalone apps for me.

I read in this forums and around the internet that the firmware of the cable also gets updated and it not longer works with the software (Cable not detected by Uprev software, but it is detected by Windows) apparently it got disabled by Uprev on purpose.

So my question is... What now??? Somehow my paid product not longer works? What is the solution? Buy another Cable/License from Uprev? That does not sound very nice....

If anybody got a solution, please share it here.

Have a nice day!
Old 09-07-2018, 02:27 PM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

I would call up or email Uprev your license report directly and ask them what can be done.

If I remember correctly, the blue and black cable is just for ODBII scanning and other basic functions, the Newer Red and Black cable can hold licenses and can flash the Ecu or tune maps for your car depending on the type of license you have.
The following users liked this post:
Warishuku (09-10-2018)
Old 09-08-2018, 07:01 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Osiris and Cipher have been discontinued, a long time ago. They are gone, never coming back. Their functionality has been merged into Rom Editor.

If the software is not detecting your cable it could have died; the blue ones are the very first version they made, so I'd say at least 6 years old. Electronics don't last forever... How did you store it?

I would also try a different laptop. Uprev does not "disable" cables on purpose regardless how old they are, they either work or they don't.
The following users liked this post:
Warishuku (09-10-2018)