Notices
Upcoming Events Upcoming 350z/370Z/G35/G37 Events

ZdayZ 2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 05:40 AM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

BTW, I thought the run looked a little slow compared to my 2008 open run, but I calculated the average speed from the Gravity Cavity to the lookout point and I was actually ~1.4MPH faster this year.

A little less drama, a little more speed I guess.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:07 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1NONLY
BTW, I thought the run looked a little slow compared to my 2008 open run, but I calculated the average speed from the Gravity Cavity to the lookout point and I was actually ~1.4MPH faster this year.

A little less drama, a little more speed I guess.
Savage Bend is where Matt Savage lost his last year, hence the name.

My best was 12:09 from the lake to the gap, but that was in the Lightning. Haven't tried going that hard in the Z. Not enough torque to get up and get going.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:46 AM
=Cerberus=

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightning Guy
would that be Savage Bend?
It's a really tight one, just before the Gravity Cavity.
I lied, it is at 1:17, and yeah that would be Savage Bend.

It's a suction cup. I borrowed the whole rig from a friend at the track. Killboy got a good pic of it.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LxZ4Mi3rR3...0/img_2371.jpg
Slick, I have been toying with the idea of making a mount that screws into the tow hook area.
Old 05-29-2010, 06:50 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by =Cerberus=
I lied, it is at 1:17, and yeah that would be Savage Bend.
Coming back next year? Savage 2.0?
Old 05-29-2010, 06:53 AM
Z1NONLY

Savage Bend is where Matt Savage lost his last year, hence the name.

My best was 12:09 from the lake to the gap, but that was in the Lightning. Haven't tried going that hard in the Z. Not enough torque to get up and get going.
I think that comes out to about 54.3mph which is damn fast.

This year I averaged 51.4. My biggest limitation is still the dinky little brakes. I just can't dive into the corners when I know they have to hold up for more than a few minutes.

For brief runs, I can "go deep", but when I know I am going the distance, I don't do more than about 60% on corner entry.

Still have the 06+ brakes on the brain, although I think some high-temp pads will be required. (Already running high temp fluid)
Old 05-29-2010, 07:49 AM
=Cerberus=

Coming back next year? Savage 2.0?
Thinking about it. The drive is pretty long and I am usually doing it alone. If I can get some cars to come I might. If I do come it will be driving miss daisy time.

I think that comes out to about 54.3mph which is damn fast.

This year I averaged 51.4. My biggest limitation is still the dinky little brakes. I just can't dive into the corners when I know they have to hold up for more than a few minutes.

For brief runs, I can "go deep", but when I know I am going the distance, I don't do more than about 60% on corner entry.

Still have the 06+ brakes on the brain, although I think some high-temp pads will be required. (Already running high temp fluid)
Are you talking 06 normal brakes or the brembos? Because I have a set of the standard calipers off my 06 car when I upgraded to brembos.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Z1NONLY

Thinking about it. The drive is pretty long and I am usually doing it alone. If I can get some cars to come I might. If I do come it will be driving miss daisy time.
I would like to see you "get back on the horse" myself. I would give yourself a healthy cushion (larger than the last time, of course), but I doubt "driving miss daisy" will be necessary.

Are you talking 06 normal brakes or the brembos? Because I have a set of the standard calipers off my 06 car when I upgraded to brembos.

Standard. And that's exactly the setup Bryan and I were talking about. The 06+ standard brakes are a nice upgrade from the "Altima" brakes that came on my Z. I need to let my recover from the sticker shock of the ZdayZ trip, but I would be interested in your 06 brakes if they are in good shape and *cheap*

How are the boots on the pistons? Do you have the whole set?

Last edited by Z1NONLY; 05-29-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Z1NONLY

And here's another video....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7F7GlHfW18I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7F7GlHfW18I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This was a run with Doug and Hunter. Doug put me in front, (as the mine sweeper) but once this 370 took off I figured he would find the second LEO if he was ahead and went pretty quick once the SUV got out of the way.

I normally don't post incriminating/embarrassing stuff like this but the guy in the 370Z stopped and talked to Hunter and I when he got back to Fontana (Doug had already left) and requested that I post up the video.

So there it is.

Freakin HD pwns my computer. The quality of these vids is crap and the aspect ratio is jacked up....grrrrr

I intend to revisit these vids if/when I get a dual/quad core machine. I can play HD, It just takes too long to "render" them. Man do they look good in HD....

Last edited by Z1NONLY; 05-29-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:33 AM
jinxxycat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Watching your vids makes me so so so sad that I missed it this year. *sniff sniff* I'm hoping Doug will be able to man up and watch the boy for 4-5 days solo next year. He damn well better. If not, my Dad said I could bring boy down to Richmond, drop the boy and the Tahoe off and take Dad's mercedes convertible down LMAO!
Old 05-29-2010, 10:20 AM
=Cerberus=

Standard. And that's exactly the setup Bryan and I were talking about. The 06+ standard brakes are a nice upgrade from the "Altima" brakes that came on my Z. I need to let my recover from the sticker shock of the ZdayZ trip, but I would be interested in your 06 brakes if they are in good shape and *cheap*

How are the boots on the pistons? Do you have the whole set?
The whole set with lines, and hardware. They have right around 12k or less miles on them, practically brand new. They have 1 Zdayz and a hand full of auto cross events on them.

Shoot me a PM for any details.

Last edited by =Cerberus=; 05-29-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:24 PM
jinxxycat

Thanks to whoever sent Dillon the cute little onesie from Deal's Gap. Not sure who it was b/c there was no card or note in the box saying who it was from.... Awesome gift though.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:39 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jinxxycat
Watching your vids makes me so so so sad that I missed it this year. *sniff sniff* I'm hoping Doug will be able to man up and watch the boy for 4-5 days solo next year. He damn well better. If not, my Dad said I could bring boy down to Richmond, drop the boy and the Tahoe off and take Dad's mercedes convertible down LMAO!

Awesome Dad's! I'm sure Doug will be able to handle it.

Thanks to whoever sent Dillon the cute little onesie from Deal's Gap. Not sure who it was b/c there was no card or note in the box saying who it was from.... Awesome gift though.
Awww, how sweet!!
Old 05-29-2010, 05:55 PM
jinxxycat

Yep, that would be the Mercedes that Grandpa is giving to Dillon when he's old enough to drive it. See how Gpa is? That's my Dad who bought me my first car, the 69 VW Bug convertible for $1500. My kid, his GRANDson, gets a Mercedes.... LMAO.

And I still didn't figure out who sent that onesie...
Old 05-29-2010, 06:16 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, that would be the Mercedes that Grandpa is giving to Dillon when he's old enough to drive it. See how Gpa is? That's my Dad who bought me my first car, the 69 VW Bug convertible for $1500. My kid, his GRANDson, gets a Mercedes.... LMAO.

And I still didn't figure out who sent that onesie...
My first car (age 16) was a Beige Pinto. Ugh... tranny dropped out of it as I was going to school...
Old 05-29-2010, 07:17 PM
pulpz2

And here's another video....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7F7GlHfW18I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7F7GlHfW18I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This was a run with Doug and Hunter. Doug put me in front, (as the mine sweeper) but once this 370 took off I figured he would find the second LEO if he was ahead and went pretty quick once the SUV got out of the way.

I normally don't post incriminating/embarrassing stuff like this but the guy in the 370Z stopped and talked to Hunter and I when he got back to Fontana (Doug had already left) and requested that I post up the video.

So there it is.

Freakin HD pwns my computer. The quality of these vids is crap and the aspect ratio is jacked up....grrrrr

I intend to revisit these vids if/when I get a dual/quad core machine. I can play HD, It just takes too long to "render" them. Man do they look good in HD....
The guy in the 370 needs to increase his entry speed. you ran him down in now time
Old 05-30-2010, 05:30 AM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by shezzzhot
More Sambuca next yr!!!
Stop it...
Old 05-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Z1NONLY

HD!!!!

I took me long enough, but I found a way to do it with may ancient computer...

Just push play and select "720p" at the bottom right. (I don't get free until the 1:00 mark)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NH_Te_YIvfY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NH_Te_YIvfY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited by Z1NONLY; 05-30-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:12 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

The driving line of the 370 near the end leaves me wanting to smack someone in the back of the head.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Z1NONLY

Originally Posted by russ713
The driving line of the 370 near the end leaves me wanting to smack someone in the back of the head.
He did it where he could see, but it's still a bad habit.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

*shrugs*

That's still not a good excuse if it's not a closed course, one-way road.

Quick Reply: ZdayZ 2010