Upcoming Events Upcoming 350z/370Z/G35/G37 Events

ZdayZ 2010

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:29 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AznSky
Forgive me for being the zdayz noob, but anybody care to share he sammich story?
It all came about because some of the Z guys posted up online that we ZCHICKZ should stay in the kitchen making them sammiches instead of driving our Z's on the dragon, fixing them when they break, doing our own mods, and participating in track events. Sexism at it's finest.

The reason it took off and has become an icon of ZDAYZ is because Nikki's BF Justin Good is a graphic artist and took a few pics of Nikki, photoshopped them and posted them online. Then he made signs for ZDAYZ last yr. Signs that had people at Fontana Village asking for sammiches from Teh Nikkah's Sammich Shop. Also, Killboy (official Tail of the Dragon photographer) had the opportunity to take a pic of one sign that had been placed on a "Do Not Litter" sigh. He still has the sammich shop sign.

The rest of the ZCHICKZ have distanced themselves from the sammich shop and in fact rock "Anti-Sammich Making Squad" shirts often.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:20 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shezzzhot
It all came about because some of the Z guys posted up online that we ZCHICKZ should stay in the kitchen making them sammiches instead of driving our Z's on the dragon, fixing them when they break, doing our own mods, and participating in track events.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:05 AM
tooohip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
Lastly, this has nothing to do with ZdayZ's efforts, but the gas station at the Dragon's start (not the Pit Stop at Fontana) shut down access to cars on Saturday. He put up cones all around the station with signs saying "Motorcycles Only". The Pit Stop was closed because of the downed tree preventing the owner from getting to work so I went on to the one at the Dragon. When I saw the cones, I parked and walked up to the three guys sitting outside. I approached nicely and I got the attitude "You plannin' on parkin' there buddy?" I asked nicely if I could get some gas and he said "Not today. Your car buddies treated my gas station like a parking lot and I couldn't get customers in and out. So maybe we'll try again tomorrow."
Yep, they were total douchebags at that place! There was a couple idiots (Nissan guys) who decided to do burnouts out of their lot, which I think set them off on a anti-Nissan rage.

All I say to those redneck douchebags at the Deals Gap resort, is **** OFF!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:37 AM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HKYStormFront
you know i'm in for a track day
just like a peeping Tom!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:55 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Think we're booking our cabin today
Old 05-27-2010, 05:34 AM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by blasian
Think we're booking our cabin today
I don't see why since you are banned!
Old 05-27-2010, 05:35 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by Lightning Guy
I don't see why since you are banned!

Well considering I won't be "Samson" next year. I'm going to develop another name
Old 05-27-2010, 06:22 AM
HKYStormFront

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lightning Guy
just like a peeping Tom!
somebody's gotta take the pics or it didn't happen right?
Old 05-27-2010, 06:30 AM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by HKYStormFront
somebody's gotta take the pics or it didn't happen right?
The peeping Tom's perspective
Old 05-27-2010, 08:32 AM
cabnfvr

Originally Posted by russ713
On their facebook page, they and their fans graciously griped about the Nissan drivers who crowded their parking lot and crossed the double yellows. Apparently it was the typical, stereotyped, bikers hate cagers attitude that came out to play while everyone was there. Unfortunately, it was bad conduct on both sides. Bikers wouldn't get out of the way of cars and also crossing the lines, and cars sliding around curves and crossing the lines themselves.

Things could be a LOT better if people used sensible judgment.
Heck of a 3rd post, but what the heck .... This was our 2nd year at Zdayz and the people in cars were extremely well behaved both years. Fast? Sure. Why own it otherwise? But the only ones we saw crossing the double yellow or holding up traffic were on two wheels. Last year and this we saw more bad motorcycle riding than we have in 26 years and a few hundred thousand miles of riding. My best guess is that the motorcyclist just aren't used to a fast car coming the other way in a turn. Wayyyy to many of them ride too close the the centerline and have to correct mid-turn. I'm sure some car drivers were "guilty", but the huge majority of drivers at Zdayz stay well within the limits of their cars. Ride or drive fast and occasionally stuff will happen, but I'd go back to Deal's Gap with any of you guys and gals before I'd go back there on the bike.

Our "other" ride:

Last edited by cabnfvr; 05-27-2010 at 08:36 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:36 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

^^ true

I followed a group of cruisers up the dragon headed towards the lookout point and they crossed the double yellows on left hand turns just about EVERY turn.

I think my camera was still recording during some of the turns, but I definitely saw several cars out of control too.

Of course, all this is nothing new to that area. It happens ALL the time.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:45 AM
ibelonginprison

Originally Posted by shezzzhot
It all came about because some of the Z guys posted up online that we ZCHICKZ should stay in the kitchen making them sammiches instead of driving our Z's on the dragon, fixing them when they break, doing our own mods, and participating in track events. Sexism at it's finest.

The reason it took off and has become an icon of ZDAYZ is because Nikki's BF Justin Good is a graphic artist and took a few pics of Nikki, photoshopped them and posted them online. Then he made signs for ZDAYZ last yr. Signs that had people at Fontana Village asking for sammiches from Teh Nikkah's Sammich Shop. Also, Killboy (official Tail of the Dragon photographer) had the opportunity to take a pic of one sign that had been placed on a "Do Not Litter" sigh. He still has the sammich shop sign.

The rest of the ZCHICKZ have distanced themselves from the sammich shop and in fact rock "Anti-Sammich Making Squad" shirts often.
No no no.. that's all wrong.

The SPIRIT of it was that the women should be barefoot, in the kitchen, pregnant, and making sammiches for the boys. GET IT RIGHT!!!

Honestly, it's not really about sexism anymore. We know the girls can drive, we know the girls can mod. Nikkah's car is way faster than mine. It's more about the fact that Teh Nikkah's Sammich Shop is frickin' awesome!

It's our way of lovingly picking on the girls. I don't think a single Sammich fan seriously believes that the women should be left at the cabin, because we love our Z/G Chicks.

BUT - we do want our sammiches. So Pam... uh... ham and cheese?

*runs away*
Old 05-27-2010, 08:53 AM
blasian

Best part of last year with the sammiches was "I wonder if their sandwiches are good"
Old 05-27-2010, 09:32 AM
HKYStormFront

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hahahaha
Old 05-27-2010, 09:34 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

What about the bikers who rode in as we were all packing and asked if the shop was still open?
Old 05-27-2010, 09:36 AM
blasian

Did you see Danny's status? I would like to gather up a game of drunken duck duck goose
Old 05-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Patrick250

Originally Posted by Phreakdout
Lastly, this has nothing to do with ZdayZ's efforts, but the gas station at the Dragon's start (not the Pit Stop at Fontana) shut down access to cars on Saturday. He put up cones all around the station with signs saying "Motorcycles Only". The Pit Stop was closed because of the downed tree preventing the owner from getting to work so I went on to the one at the Dragon. When I saw the cones, I parked and walked up to the three guys sitting outside. I approached nicely and I got the attitude "You plannin' on parkin' there buddy?" I asked nicely if I could get some gas and he said "Not today. Your car buddies treated my gas station like a parking lot and I couldn't get customers in and out. So maybe we'll try again tomorrow."
Wow, that explains the chilly vibe I got when I parked there Sunday afternoon.

BTW, it was nice meeting you in person. (car wash - tire dressing) I didn't make the connection until I saw your license plate later on. I agree with you on the drop top cruise. We were looking forward to that also.
Old 05-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Shift_Drift350z

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
I should have taken the Ford Fission out on the Dragon to show you newbs what's up.
You had an open offer multiple times to take my Z

As far as the riders either cruiser, or crotch rocket, we had a couple real douchey harley riders in front of us for a third of one of our dragon runs, and the guy stopped on the side of the pitstop and eyeballed us as we drove by trying to be a tough guy. As far as any other cruisers went, most of them were very nice and pulled over to let us enjoy our runs.

As far as the crotch rockets goes, my only problem was those itiots doing the fat joe 'lean back' into the other lane when they're already stradling the freakin center line. I had a scuffle with one rider, but most I dealt with.

Still wishing I could make next year

-Shift
Old 05-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Z1NONLY

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

For those that don't frequent the "video" sub forum, here is my first ZdayZ video;

https://my350z.com/forum/videos/4884...ed-course.html

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ew0_SurPCXs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ew0_SurPCXs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 05-27-2010, 10:32 PM
pntfrk69

awesome vid, it really shows just how twisty the road is

Quick Reply: ZdayZ 2010