Notices
Videos View/post video clips of the Z/G35 here.

350z vs c6 z06? *Vid*

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 07:53 AM
ipcheck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by craigo'sznprgrs
Well, I didn't expect the Z to pull that hard the speedo on the corvette was at or over 160, even with the skyline engine, the vq tranny and gears, I thought give out around 180, the guy with the z must have some serious money in that car. Wow is all of have to say.
That car does not have a Z tranny. It's 5-Speed, fully built rear end, not a Z diff...
Old 10-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Brick-Z

Can barely see the video
Old 10-19-2006, 08:41 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ipcheck
well bert, the Z06 didn't hold it off that long, they ran from 90-UP, if you have in consideration ---- the Gas pedal has to be feathered, that car spins the tires on all gears, it does at 90 too... and i'm sorry, but thats not a slow Z, it is faster than yours, and yes, of course a lotttt faster than mine.

by all means, yes you probably would beat him at the track, but in the street, he'd hand it to ya... no matter how built you are, you'll never reach those MPH pulling like that... it's a different setup. and its not a 1/4 mile car. it's a custom setup, single T88, lots of boost, and lots of power....
Unless he has a track time its not quicker, and unless he has an impressive trap speed as proof of this "top end" its not faster. 90mph on to 160 is less than 10 seconds of pull, he should have left that Z06 much faster if its so beastly from the start--thats ok, hes your boy keep talking him up, I expected comments like the one above.

btw-tell your boy to post a video running from 50-160mph, we can compare vids(even this is a BS comparo but would be fun to see), go see my post to see my car "not pull"...
Old 10-19-2006, 08:49 AM
atar350

I am afraid of T88 singles. Get some pics of your friends car on here!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:01 AM
Mid117

bigbri should race this skyline-350z
Old 10-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Wont work, Bri's in Cali this guy is in Florida, why doesnt he race Jeremy??
Old 10-19-2006, 09:19 AM
ipcheck

Originally Posted by Alberto
Unless he has a track time its not quicker, and unless he has an impressive trap speed as proof of this "top end" its not faster. 90mph on to 160 is less than 10 seconds of pull, he should have left that Z06 much faster if its so beastly from the start--thats ok, hes your boy keep talking him up, I expected comments like the one above.

btw-tell your boy to post a video running from 50-160mph, we can compare vids(even this is a BS comparo but would be fun to see), go see my post to see my car "not pull"...

UHM...
Old 10-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Old 10-19-2006, 09:31 AM
ipcheck

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...ba3ff9ba0d.htm

theres another version of that video
Old 10-19-2006, 09:39 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...ba3ff9ba0d.htm

theres another version of that video
I thought he had traction issues? If he had so much power he'd likely spin at 40mph, if he hooked he should have pulled back way sooner. It took him from 40mph to nearly 160mph to come by, that car isnt as fast as you think it is.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:47 AM
ipcheck

I thought he had traction issues? If he had so much power he'd likely spin at 40mph, if he hooked he should have pulled back way sooner. It took him from 40mph to nearly 160mph to come by, that car isnt as fast as you think it is.
ok bert, you are faster. sorry I must have not noticed, also forget the fact its a T88, yeah, larrrge turbo, lagggg, anyway, you are faster, that's all,

its a race from a roll, no boost on the Z, has to build boost... VETTE = power on the ground instantly..., thats why it pulls it half a car, then the z walks by it....
Old 10-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Bro, Im not saying its not a fast car, just that even with lag, even if the Vette jumped 2 cars, if he had the power you think he did, he would roll past the Vette SOONER-whats so hard to understand about that? 120mph worth of pull to make up 1/2 car? get real...
Old 10-19-2006, 09:49 AM
NIzzanturboka

alberto if you think you'll win ....why dont you prove it and bring your car down for a weekend and thennn talk allllll you want after you've raced him
Old 10-19-2006, 09:50 AM
GodSendsDeath

Iam sorry but Alberto is right. My friends supra is a 1/4 and its not that big of a HP car. Its roughly 650bhp and it will take that vett. I love the Z, but its not as fast as you people think the video is right there.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

I have nothing to prove, Ive proven myself already. Far as Im concerned dropping a motor in a car doesnt make you the fastest.

Alberto <---preparing for all his fan boys to come after me when they dont know $hit
Old 10-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Default Thank You!

Originally Posted by GodSendsDeath
Iam sorry but Alberto is right. My friends supra is a 1/4 and its not that big of a HP car. Its roughly 650bhp and it will take that vett. I love the Z, but its not as fast as you people think the video is right there.
Somebody with common sense!!
Old 10-19-2006, 10:14 AM
ipcheck

This is how the cookie crumbled...

you said the car was slow, for some reason, because you built your car and its now faster, doesnt mean everything else is slow, I'll even give you a street civic down here that will tear you up...

The Z in the video, not only isn't slow, its faster than your car, you get next to him on a race, and it will beat you, unless you let off the gas at 120... You have so much power, you race till you win, which you wont, because at 160 your car will start taking a dump... he still has a good amount of MPH to go... just like it has happened to the bikes he has raced...

I'm not bragging for him, neither are my boys coming now to bragg either, the Z is baddass, anyone can build a VQ, **** I can deside overnight and go pay shariff the cash and get mine back soon too....

yeah I've been changing wheels and bodykits monthly... and all I have is my lonely T60-1, I do know ****. and whatever I don't know, I can learn overnight, just like you did.

Last edited by ipcheck; 10-19-2006 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:22 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you're getting Alberto's point.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Dont even start with "I have a friend with XXX that can beat you" save that $hit for somebody else. It is slow for what its played up to be(a crazy top-end monster). Is it slow compared to other Z's? No, not by any means. Go watch my 15psi vid, my car is by no means running out of steam at 160mph, so there goes that idea. Ive seen 600whp cars rape C6 Z06's and it didnt take them to 160mph to pass them, what do you fail to understand about that? Its cool soembody did that swap, but you are way to sensitive to my opinion. You say its faster than me but offer no proof, he has no track times, better yet I wanna see trap speeds, again he has none, and I bet he wont even run it. Im glad hes happy with his top-end monster...
Old 10-19-2006, 10:25 AM
NIzzanturboka

This is how the cookie crumbled...

you said the car was slow, for some reason, because you built your car and its now faster, doesnt mean everything else is slow, I'll even give you a street civic down here that will tear you up...

The Z in the video, not only isn't slow, its faster than your car, you get next to him on a race, and it will beat you, unless you let off the gas at 120... You have so much power, you race till you win, which you wont, because at 160 your car will start taking a dump... he still has a good amount of MPH to go... just like it has happened to the bikes he has raced...

I'm not bragging for him, neither are my boys coming now to bragg either, the Z is baddass, anyone can build a VQ, **** I can deside overnight and go pay shariff the cash and get mine back soon too....

yeah I've been changing wheels and bodykits monthly... and all I have is my lonely T60-1, I do know ****. and whatever I don't know, I can learn overnight, just like you did.

Quick Reply: 350z vs c6 z06? *Vid*