Notices
Videos View/post video clips of the Z/G35 here.

350z vs c6 z06? *Vid*

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 07:20 AM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ipcheck
T88 = bolt on. Engine is stock.
Damn, that means that there are bone stock turbo'd 350Z's
Old 10-26-2006, 07:31 AM
ipcheck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blasian
Damn, that means that there are bone stock turbo'd 350Z's
lol, this will most likely escalate again, I'm out, until this becomes fun. LOL
Old 10-26-2006, 07:49 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

T88 = bolt on. Engine is stock.
Look at what you said above. Now you saw me post the exact message the Z owner in question sent me on myspace moneths ago-that had just laid down nearly 900whp. We know this isnt possible on a stock block RB, this pretty much proves what Ive been saying all along your boy is the one who likes to brag-funny he calls me out on that for just posting vids, yet he provides no proof and is obviously a liar My question to you is-why do you stick up for a liar? Friend or not I wouldnt put my neck out for somebody who is in over his head-and this is what makes you look bad.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:50 AM
EM-EFER

Jeremy should run this RB.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:59 AM
blasian

lol, this will most likely escalate again, I'm out, until this becomes fun. LOL
Obviously you and your boy have different logics unless I'm the only one who didn't know that being BONE STOCK only meant that the motor wasn't built.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:06 AM
GodSendsDeath

I hate motor swaps and i hate when some one dose it to a good engine like the Z motor. I think the supra and skyline are OLD. Get over it people and Albertos car is far more inpresive than that stupid RB powerd Z. My neighbor got a RX8 with a RX7 swap. Stupid so what we all seen it before who cares who is faster, do something new or orignal than Supra and Skyline.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:37 AM
HRE_Z

wow. because i run my nighbor on 9 ****in pounds of boost w/ my old setup for fun not even break boosting and on stret tires. 508 hp was what i made on 9psi. that Z06 makes 500 to the wheel all motor. no lag no nothin. this is a joke. ok and just for ur information... u running a better time then me at the track only proves one thing u are "quicker" not faster. when u do 178mph in 4th gear and still have all of 5th left. i dont know man. wat does a 13.4 on 9psi at 128mph w/ a 2.9 60 ft .. thats pretty sorry right.. but what about on the street rolling 60.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:42 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by HRE_Z
wow. because i run my nighbor on 9 ****in pounds of boost w/ my old setup for fun not even break boosting and on stret tires. 508 hp was what i made on 9psi. that Z06 makes 500 to the wheel all motor. no lag no nothin. this is a joke. ok and just for ur information... u running a better time then me at the track only proves one thing u are "quicker" not faster. when u do 178mph in 4th gear and still have all of 5th left. i dont know man. wat does a 13.4 on 9psi at 128mph w/ a 2.9 60 ft .. thats pretty sorry right.. but what about on the street rolling 60.
So that Z06 was modded is what you're saying?

"wat does a 13.4 on 9psi at 128mph w/ a 2.9 60 ft" = worst driver ever

"but what about on the street rolling 60" = easy way out
Old 10-26-2006, 08:52 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think a 13.4 at 128 means you clearly can't drive what you built. It doesn't mean you can't drive. It doesn't mean your RB-Z isn't fast. It means that the combination of the two absolutely sucks. You should look into a staged-boost set-up, and then quit *****ing about no traction and needing slicks to do a highway roll. There are solutions if you care about more than a big di*k contest and bragging about dynos!

I have a question: Has ANYone seen your 900rwhp dyno? If you "don't have a copy" of it, what was the boost, type of fuel, and how much nitrous? Maybe you, Alberto, and many others built their cars for different reasons. Alberto for drag racing and some street fury, some for road courses, you for rolling from 90 "where you'll have traction" to 180mph. If you rolled Alberto or other VQ35 TTs from 60-150, you'd clearly lose. It looks like you'd need about 200mph to catch up, given the video against the Z06. Different strokes for different folks!

Two days ago you said you'd post up some pictures or slips or vids. Where are they? Your MS page shows you getting fuel - whoopty-do!

Enjoy, and let's all celebrate together.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:06 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

13.4 @ 9psi??? I did 12.4 @ 9psi with my old vortech setup
Old 10-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

How fast you go in each gear doesnt = who has a faster car I have my doubts that a T88 can even make 500+whp at only 9psi, I'll let somebody who really knows turbo's chime in with knowledge.

What I def do know is that your set-up is BS. Its good at nothing. 128mph trap to me sounds high given the claimed 508whp and a Z thats heavy because of an iron block (way heavier than VQ). Even if I give you the benefit of the doubt you cant drive and you dont know how to set up a car-you make nothing empty claims and excuses-I like how you avoided answering the BS 900whp on stock block claims Down the 1/4 Id slaughter your set-up and racing from 90mph roll on is gay.

BTW-*** your trap ET wins races, and you are .3 slower than my NA, bolt-on setup. Beat that, then work on beating my ST times, then come at me, until then you can

Last edited by Alberto; 10-26-2006 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:30 AM
EM-EFER

Unfortunately he is kinda right if he does have a T88. But I would say he is about 15whp-25whp higher then the norm depending on his compression ratio. That turbo can make power into the 900-1000WHP at around 23psi. His lag must be retarded and the powerband must BLOW.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:40 AM
MIAPLAYA

Well I'd like to know a few things about this car myself. Some things that were said are sort of interesting. It was stated that a T88 is a bolt on for the RB? how is that possible? You need a new manifold and downpipe at the very least. Are referring to a Greddy T88 upgrade kit? If so then I can see how it is sort of a bolt on but on an RB stuffed into a 350Z the downpipe will definitely have to change. As for the 9 PSI on the T88. I've only found one T88 compressor map online that I believe was a Greddy T88. While 5XX is possible at 9 PSI (1.6..... Pressure ratio) at that power level it is dangerously close to the surge line. Chances are in the early portions of the power band it is going to surge. Especially with only 2.6 L of displacement to spool the turbo. 9 PSI is WAY to little for that turbo. Its only in the 70% efficiency band at a 1.6 pressure ratio. And below 25 lb/min of airflow its surging no question. Also a Greddy T88 does use an older style bearing section so yes techinically it is an OLDER design but the compressor wheel and trim are still decent. I personally would have used a Super T76 instead of the Greddy T88 as it is better suited for lower pressure ratios on that motor. A buddy of mine builds GT-Rs daily Down Under and loves the super T76 for the RB as it produces excellent power and has no potential for surge at lower pressure ratios. And its always super efficient. The T88 is going to lag no matter what you do unless you increase displacement (stroke) or use nitrous at the beginning. If either of those aren't used the surging of the compressor is going to kill it pretty soon. I would like to see pics of the car myself if you have them. And for God sakes increase the pressure ratio and get your money out of that turbo before it surges itself to death.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:45 AM
EM-EFER

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Well I'd like to know a few things about this car myself. Some things that were said are sort of interesting. It was stated that a T88 is a bolt on for the RB? how is that possible? You need a new manifold and downpipe at the very least. Are referring to a Greddy T88 upgrade kit? If so then I can see how it is sort of a bolt on but on an RB stuffed into a 350Z the downpipe will definitely have to change. As for the 9 PSI on the T88. I've only found one T88 compressor map online that I believe was a Greddy T88. While 5XX is possible at 9 PSI (1.6..... Pressure ratio) at that power level it is dangerously close to the surge line. Chances are in the early portions of the power band it is going to surge. Especially with only 2.6 L of displacement to spool the turbo. 9 PSI is WAY to little for that turbo. Its only in the 70% efficiency band at a 1.6 pressure ratio. And below 25 lb/min of airflow its surging no question. Also a Greddy T88 does use an older style bearing section so yes techinically it is an OLDER design but the compressor wheel and trim are still decent. I personally would have used a Super T76 instead of the Greddy T88 as it is better suited for lower pressure ratios on that motor. A buddy of mine builds GT-Rs daily Down Under and loves the super T76 for the RB as it produces excellent power and has no potential for surge at lower pressure ratios. And its always super efficient. The T88 is going to lag no matter what you do unless you increase displacement (stroke) or use nitrous at the beginning. If either of those aren't used the surging of the compressor is going to kill it pretty soon. I would like to see pics of the car myself if you have them. And for God sakes increase the pressure ratio and get your money out of that turbo before it surges itself to death.

I just looked at the compressor map as well and he MUST be running nitrous to spool the turbo.. 2.6L will NOT do the trick in getting that thing up and running.

The SP74GTQ will outspool the T88 and make similar power. Alot of drag supra's still use a T88 though.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:58 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
I just looked at the compressor map as well and he MUST be running nitrous to spool the turbo.. 2.6L will NOT do the trick in getting that thing up and running.

The SP74GTQ will outspool the T88 and make similar power. Alot of drag supra's still use a T88 though.
Thats what I was thinking. I mean depending on what turbine is being used you might be able to get the turbo to spool but slightly past halfway in the power band but its going to lag forever. And even then at that pressure ratio its going to surge for most of its operating range. I'd say thats a poor choice for a stock bottom end RB.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:00 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by EM-EFER

Which map did you find. I had a b!tch of a time trying to find one at all. Turbonetics doesn't even publish their Y2K T88 maps and Greddy, HKS, IHI/PE, dont publish any at all.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:04 AM
ipcheck

Finally someone with knowledge and off the bragging phase... wether it is a bolt on to the RB or not, bolting on a manifold, turbo, and custom downpipe, is bolting on. (bolt on)

I'm the one who is going to shoot the pictures, I haven't had the chance. They will be here shortly.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Finally someone with knowledge and off the bragging phase... wether it is a bolt on to the RB or not, bolting on a manifold, turbo, and custom downpipe, is bolting on. (bolt on)
That is not bolt-on by 99% of Z owners standards, if it is, then Greddy TT Z's are "bolt-on" because they infact get bolted on....you FL guys are weird....
Old 10-26-2006, 11:06 AM
ipcheck

Another video...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoID=624024134
Old 10-26-2006, 11:10 AM
EM-EFER

Which map did you find. I had a b!tch of a time trying to find one at all. Turbonetics doesn't even publish their Y2K T88 maps and Greddy, HKS, IHI/PE, dont publish any at all.
I googled it and ended up on GTR.co.UK Seached T88 Map and TD08 Compressor map and came up with one for Greddy.

Quick Reply: 350z vs c6 z06? *Vid*