Notices
Videos View/post video clips of the Z/G35 here.

My Z at a Cobra Mustang HPDE

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 02:10 AM
black06z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice driving. looks and sounds like fun. hope to do something like that one of these days.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:30 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,297 Likes on 1,654 Posts

Dam thats looks like fun , all my events so far have been with the porsche club , its fun tracking dowm and passing them.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:11 AM
Billhyco

Originally Posted by spf4000
Smooth driving, but it looks like you're not pushing the limits of the tire's adhesion very much. The only reason I say that is that I don't think I saw you correct your steering during the turns. If you're driving at the limits of your tire's adhesion, you'll be making minute corrections as you balance the grip of the tires with your steering and throttle inputs.

Once you get more comfortable driving on the track, start exploring the limits of the grip more to get the sensation of steering by throttle.

But it sounds like you had fun, and that's the important thing!
you actually make a pretty good point, thank you. After the event was over, i was thinking about places/things I could make improvements. I feel like I carry good speed on turn in, however stay off the gas a little to long or to much. There are many times on track out i would have some pavement left which I hate. I kept trying to remind myself to get back in the throttle not really sooner just yet, but harder. I know around the Oak Tree turn I thought for sure she was going to slide out but when I got on the gas, rear wheels would only spin. If you listen closely at a few track out points you can hear the RPM's raise then drop when it breaks loose and gains traction
again. But sliding out wasn't an issue this weekend. On my street tires I was all over the place. But this weekend on V710's, she was sticky!!! I love those tires, just hope they last.

edit: ya know after some thought, maybe I just figured out my own problem. Maybe getting back on the gas SOONER would have been better the harder. idk, any help on that???
Old 07-08-2007, 05:38 AM
shift-er

Nice vid. Your driving seems pretty good to me, however id just always point out that the center of any spot of road is a dead zone. Play in and out and hit those apex's.

On a few of the corners you entered near the center of the track and had to back out and cut sharper. Your movements were never bad in my opinion, however if you started further outside you could have taken the corner in one smooth movement.

Im in the same boat as you though so my expertise level isnt professional status. All in all id let you drive.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:03 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

looks like a lot of fun, I wish I could to that

your driving looks pretty good, but I'll leave the advice part to those who haven't learned in video games
Old 07-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Billhyco

Originally Posted by shift-er

Im in the same boat as you though so my expertise level isnt professional status. All in all id let you drive.
actually my instrtuctor said i could take his car around a few laps... it was a prepped foxbody mustang. i was all for it until he said he wanted to take my car around the track a few times.