Notices
Videos View/post video clips of the Z/G35 here.

Motordyne Shockwave Single - Sound Clip and Dyno Video!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Miketsi
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motordyne Shockwave Single - Sound Clip and Dyno Video!

Mods on my car; Motordyne 5/16" Iso Thermal plenum spacer, JWT popcharger, AAM test pipes, Ebay y-pipe (the rattling you hear), Motordyne shockwave single exit.

I have the motordyne xyz pipe in the mail, should be here soon.

I thought some people might be interested to hear what this exhaust sounds like on the rollers. Thanks for looking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV11dJ2VJK0
Old 05-15-2009, 10:50 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

way to post your dyno video and no dyno numbers.

scoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... ohyougetthepoint
Old 05-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
way to post your dyno video and no dyno numbers.

scoreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.... ohyougetthepoint
if you watch the video.. it shows the dyno numbers towards the end... maybe you should watch the whole thing before shooting your mouth off?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Motormouth
Banned

maybe because I am not watching any ****ing videos? I am not watching any poor quality shaky cam videos of some guy's car on a dyno listening to that sweet wirrrrrrrr of the barrells and listening to the terribly recorded sound of what you think might be his exhaust or some bees and a dog, possibly a lion barking. It takes 3 seconds to read dyno numbers and, I'm gonna guess here... it is probably a 3 minute video, 3 minutes to watch dyno numbers.

why don't you try not posting witty comebacks next time you get the urge. thanks.

Last edited by Motormouth; 05-15-2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Nexx

maybe because I am not watching any ****ing videos? why don't you try thinking of more than one possibility before forming your sentences next time.
lol, the whole point of OP's post was the fkn VIDEO, moron, hence the "Dyno Video" in the title, you dumb dik. go back into your little corner and stfu, douche bag.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Motormouth
Banned

That's a great observation. but hmm... he also took the time to write a description of what we would see and even what mods he has done, so why wouldn't he write the results? big shrugs all around, I know.

are we done yet smart guy?
Old 05-15-2009, 11:16 PM
Nexx

That's a great observation. but hmm... he also took the time to write a description of what we would see and even what mods he has done, so why wouldn't he write the results? big shrugs all around, I know.

are we done yet smart guy?
i'll agree to disagree with you sir, although i think im still right.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Motormouth
Banned

you win me over with your charming smile, I can't resist.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:39 PM
350ZToeRing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe because I am not watching any ****ing videos? I am not watching any poor quality shaky cam videos of some guy's car on a dyno listening to that sweet wirrrrrrrr of the barrells and listening to the terribly recorded sound of what you think might be his exhaust or some bees and a dog, possibly a lion barking. It takes 3 seconds to read dyno numbers and, I'm gonna guess here... it is probably a 3 minute video, 3 minutes to watch dyno numbers.

why don't you try not posting witty comebacks next time you get the urge. thanks.

OMG motormouth your RIGHT! What was he smoking!?!? Everybody knows you're supposed to hire a professional production crew to film your dyno run!! Trust me, you don't want to watch it.

Oh wait, you already did. You only lied about not watching it after he busted you in the mouth about the numbers that were at the end of the video---that you sincerely DIDN'T watch. On behalf of Nexx, you were officially
Old 05-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Motormouth
Banned

yes, >smacks head< of course I watched the video. what was I thinking from the time I opened this thread until the time I replied? that would completely explain why I asked for the dyno numbers anyway.

not to mention you obviously failed to comprehend the moral of my sentence, but it's ok. you have 47 posts, we all start have to start somewhere.

Last edited by Motormouth; 05-15-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:04 AM
350ZToeRing

So now its "of course I watched the video" ???

My point is:

Your giving a guy **** for not POSTING IN PRINT, his dyno numbers when he has provided a video of his dyno including the resulting numbers that he has instructed you to watch? What's your problem? How about this...you post up a video of your Z's dyno along with the numbers in PRINT WITHIN THE POST (since it's apparently too hard to watch the video all the way to the end)...

THEN you can try and call this guy out.

Now to address the rest of your recent comments...

Whats wrong with me having 47 posts? OKAY! You have 16 THOUSAND posts. Here's a throught...

#1 Buy a new monitor since I'm sure my350z.coms home page is burned into it.

#2 Step outside your house.

#3 Find another human; walk up to them and have a conversation. Now I KNOW this is going to be confusing because you don't have your keyboard with you, but you'll be okay...WE ALL HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:15 AM
Gag83

lol at this fread
Old 05-16-2009, 12:41 AM
drifter5

Nice numbers OP.

I always loved the shockwave exhaust and I plan on going with that along with the xyz pipe. If you don't mind me asking hows the AAM TPs holding up? Did you get the resonated version of the TP?

One last question is, which addon (resonator,cat,straight pipe) did you get the XYZ pipe?

PS. Car sound loud as hell. I like it that way. =)
Old 05-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Originally Posted by 350ZToeRing
So now its "of course I watched the video" ???
that was sarcasm. wow.

And to the rest of your 'post', I don't even know what else to say... you are dumb?

Last edited by Motormouth; 05-16-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Miketsi
Banned

Originally Posted by drifter5
Nice numbers OP.

I always loved the shockwave exhaust and I plan on going with that along with the xyz pipe. If you don't mind me asking hows the AAM TPs holding up? Did you get the resonated version of the TP?

One last question is, which addon (resonator,cat,straight pipe) did you get the XYZ pipe?

PS. Car sound loud as hell. I like it that way. =)
Perfect! You asked the questions I was to tired to remember to post comments about last night, ha.

First off, the AAM test pipes have been on my car for about.. 15k miles? They are the non-resonated versions. I must say, for a part that endures much of the weight of the exhaust, they are in GREAT shape. You can tell the quality of metal difference when looking at those, compared to the **** y-pipe. I was really impressed by how well they have held up. I can't say enough good things about the AAM quality.

About the XYZ pipe. I originally called motordyne wanting the straight pipe, but Tony and Mariella talked me into the resonated version, due to me having the non-res'd test pipes. I'm excited to hear the sound difference (and see the power difference) with the new xyz pipe.

To the guy bitching about not posting the dyno numbers. This thread is more of a way for people to gauge the sound the exhaust makes. My dyno #'s aren't that impressive, and weren't really my focal point of the thread. You have enough time to make 16k posts on here, I'm sure your busy life could handle watching a 90 second video clip.

That said, here ya go. One less thing for you to ***** about.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:31 AM
67ZNISMO

thats REALLY LOUD compared to my dual shockwave with HFC's! haha Sounds great nonetheless bro!

Great #'s btw....
Old 05-16-2009, 11:43 AM
06g35meister

do not like
Old 05-16-2009, 06:57 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Jebus and I thought my car was loud. Did you do any before/after?
Old 05-16-2009, 08:40 PM
350ZToeRing

Originally Posted by Miketsi
To the guy bitching about not posting the dyno numbers.... You have enough time to make 16k posts on here, I'm sure your busy life could handle watching a 90 second video clip.

That said, here ya go. One less thing for you to ***** about.

HAHA! I couldn't have said it better...ooooooooooh me.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Miketsi
Banned

**** Ebay parts.

Basically, I bought an Ebay y-pipe from a friend for $25. It was junk from the start, had a couple holes in it. This "upgrade" is was actually gave me the motivation to purchase my exhaust and nicer y-pipe, so it's a blessing in disguise. Sad part, I'm in Columbus (100 miles from home) with a junk ***, leaking y-pipe, I'm pretty sure will break on the way home. My only real concern, is it hurting my new (to me) shockwave catback.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/30NMwOXXEcE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/30NMwOXXEcE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I really hope my gift from Motordyne will be waiting for me when I get home!

Quick Reply: Motordyne Shockwave Single - Sound Clip and Dyno Video!