Notices
Videos View/post video clips of the Z/G35 here.

Video of first track weekend with my car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 05:39 AM
350 vert

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking Video of first track weekend with my car!

TLDR; 13:56 for two fun laps

This was the only session I was able to capture without having some kind of issue with my go pro, but its a good one!
My baby held up great the whole weekend! Temps were solid but oil was getting hot towards the end of sessions, still need to get it in the air and check everything out.
Here's a bit of the aftermath: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...sy?usp=sharing

Last edited by 350 vert; 08-21-2020 at 05:41 AM.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:00 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,065 Likes on 753 Posts

Looks like fun! Got a little loose at the 8 min mark

I have a a roadster but the tracks close to me require an aftermarket roll bar or cage which I don't really want to add on. I'm guessing you were good without one?
Old 08-21-2020, 11:06 AM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by 350 vert
https://youtu.be/U1vlzchpnaQ
TLDR; 13:56 for two fun laps

This was the only session I was able to capture without having some kind of issue with my go pro, but its a good one!
My baby held up great the whole weekend! Temps were solid but oil was getting hot towards the end of sessions, still need to get it in the air and check everything out.
Here's a bit of the aftermath: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...sy?usp=sharing
Great to watch! Truly enjoy watching people enjoy their rides versus troubleshooting them. Laff....

Originally Posted by Heel Til I Die
Saw that. A great way to gain experience on vehicle recovery! Wish more people would heed the #driversschool thing. Have idiots in 350Zs (and assorted other loud pieces of shid) who use my street as an exhibition stage of misplaced testosterone all the time! (Which explains how I lost my beloved Shiro Z right in the dang front of my house!)

Thanks for sharing!!
Old 08-21-2020, 11:10 AM
Dr Hoon

Received 282 Likes on 222 Posts

Nice driving, you have good recovery skills and you're looking past the corners, makes you a smooth driver. If I can put my instructor cap on for a second, practice keeping both hands on the wheel between shifts. Treat the shift **** like it's hot, quick snap and back to the wheel, don't linger. Watching you pass another car while one hand steering made me nervous. Doesn't seem like much, but it's a lot harder to correct for sudden loss of traction with half the leverage.
Old 08-22-2020, 06:15 AM
350 vert

I have a a roadster but the tracks close to me require an aftermarket roll bar or cage which I don't really want to add on. I'm guessing you were good without one?
LOL yeah she got away from me in that turn
Yep! Gridlife was super cool about it, as long as your vehicle has factory rollover protection (those hoops above our heads) and you have a helmet that fits under it, yer good

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Which explains how I lost my beloved Shiro Z right in the dang front of my house!
Breaks my heart just hearing about it

Originally Posted by Dr Hoon
Nice driving, you have good recovery skills and you're looking past the corners, makes you a smooth driver. If I can put my instructor cap on for a second, practice keeping both hands on the wheel between shifts. Treat the shift **** like it's hot, quick snap and back to the wheel, don't linger. Watching you pass another car while one hand steering made me nervous. Doesn't seem like much, but it's a lot harder to correct for sudden loss of traction with half the leverage.
Thank you! And thanks for the advice! I'll incorporate that into my next session (New Orleans in November! ) Yeah my instructors told me to not shuffle steer also, since that can make a situation like at 8 minutes worse since I lost where center was
Old 08-28-2020, 05:52 AM
350 vert

Yeah she got away from in that corner lol...
Nope, didn't need a rollbar. As long as your car has factory rollover protection (the hoops behind our heads), then Gridlife will let you run

Originally Posted by Dr Hoon
Thank you! I play a lot of racing sims and I HATE not being able to turn my head, so having the freedom to do so is awesome! Thanks for the advice, I'll incorporate that into my next sessions (New Orleans in November!). My instructors also told me not to shuffle steer since you can lose center easily (such as my spin at 8:00 lol)