Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Crawford Z Car Does It Again!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 06:09 AM
ZLadie2000
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't you need an 07 to test fit the parts? Plus, it's a different motor...mods are reacting differently than the DE's...

Last edited by ZLadie2000; 10-30-2007 at 05:33 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:34 AM
Riley07

Originally Posted by ZLadie2000
Didn't you need an 07 to test fit the parts? Plus it's a different motor..mods are reacting differently than the DE's....

Exactly!!! Not trying to bust any *****, but I feel it's important to post the results if you want someone to buy your product...You never know
Old 10-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Profink

Its sad that this group buy is going so poorly. I was hoping to get my HFCs on before I got the car tuned. On the other hand my wallet is happier right now.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:24 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZLadie2000
Didn't you need an 07 to test fit the parts? Plus, it's a different motor...mods are reacting differently than the DE's...
As stated before.

Originally Posted by VandyZ
Crawford has only had one semi-local customer with a HR motor who donated his car for the fabrication of the jigs. He was very satisfied with the results, but decided not to dyno.
Just to add . . . the local dyno shop here is 30 miles from Crawford Z Car and is not open on a regular basis. Its not something Doug is going to do with a customer's car without their approval or participation.

Doug is correct, every other time he or I posted a dyno from our cars testing his parts they were met with strong pessimism. I will tell you I have everything on my car that has been created in his shop. If something happened to my Z and i was forced to get another one (HR or non HR), his cats would go right back on it. No questions asked.

He has no 07+ shop car and I dont recall anyone in our local Z community who is currently interested in modding their HR. As soon as there is, maybe dyno time can be scheduled. We have a MTZC meeting tonight and I will see if there are any prospects.

As far the the older style cats, Doug will be the first to admit that there were a very small sample of cats that were problematic. They were replaced as needed. In the grand scheme of things, there were much less issues with his product than any of the other cat manufacturers. (AFAIK Berk didnt make cats for the 03-06, so obviously this is not a knock on them)

Last edited by VandyZ; 11-01-2007 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:14 AM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by Profink
Its sad that this group buy is going so poorly. I was hoping to get my HFCs on before I got the car tuned. On the other hand my wallet is happier right now.
how exactly were u planning on tuning ur car? what were u gonna use to tune it?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Profink

Originally Posted by warmmilk
how exactly were u planning on tuning ur car? what were u gonna use to tune it?
Dyno tune at technosquare. My car will be the first HR done there. I'm really interested to see what the results are going to be.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:42 AM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by Profink
Dyno tune at technosquare. My car will be the first HR done there. I'm really interested to see what the results are going to be.
so when is this gonna happen? when is the technosquare flash gonna be available to the public?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Profink

Originally Posted by warmmilk
so when is this gonna happen? when is the technosquare flash gonna be available to the public?
I actually owe them a phone call to get an update. There are a few other threads in the HR section so keep an eye you. My car should be going back in soon.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:51 PM
reserved

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Cheaper or not, Crawford has been around much longer than Berk in our world and is much more familiar with the Z and its VQ engine. Crawford has established a credible name within the Z community and has contributed so much. Someone from Crawford will post on this thread the benefits of their cats over Berks and explain the differences between the two shortly. All I can say is, you get what you pay for and as a Z enthusiast myself, I'd rather pay a little more and go with someone that I know will be 100% reliable and has an established name.
Good enough for me. I ordered mine today.