Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Dyno'd my car today.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007 | 07:24 PM
mw9

Keep us updated, love the numbers the 07's are putting down.
Old 09-29-2007 | 07:30 PM
Gooey

Originally Posted by VitViper
You going back to his shop to have him fab one up? Shouldn't take too long, it's like 2" of pipe total to delete the dampener. I want one like... now.

Does it have software you can load on a PC that adjusts everything? Or is it all on the device?

Everything is onthe device. You adjust the fuel pressure a/f everything witha touchof a button. You can also playwith the timing and ignition which I think is very cool. It has a nice color display. The only problem we keep running to is when we did the auto inquary on what kind of car its hooked up to itkeeps saying my car is a Honda but hey ifthecomputer thinks its a honda and it can still do thosethings I dont care. They have a special wideband sensor forthe A/F part and in the english directions it says that if you have a Nissan you haveto hardwire somethingto the ecu. which we did not do for test purposes only. Out of all the car manufacturers its compatible with it says ONLY Nissan FTL....Nissan always gotta make everything complicated.

The shop will be installing thisdevice on mycar when they do my gears and fix my exhaust leak. Theywill also delete the clutch dampener and pour in some motul
Old 09-30-2007 | 05:11 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!
Premier Member

Just wanted to share my 07 Dyno. I posted a week ago, but it wasn't in the HR subforum:

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=103
Old 09-30-2007 | 06:28 AM
singh

No other 07 dyno is showing gains like what that other guy with the turboxs exhaust made......I knew there was something fishy about those numbers...
Old 09-30-2007 | 10:58 AM
ssnake86

what was your baseline run before mods?
Old 09-30-2007 | 12:43 PM
ZLadie2000
Banned

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
No other 07 dyno is showing gains like what that other guy with the turboxs exhaust made......I knew there was something fishy about those numbers...
well, technically there is no other 07 dyno posted with a turbo xs exhaust, correct?
Old 09-30-2007 | 01:19 PM
RBlover69

it does seem rather much , ...but the car made what it made. Its one dyno until we have another dyno on a real DJ this is only one instance that we know happend and take into account. But until the procedure is replicated on a DJ the DJ simulated numbers are excatly what they are simulated until verified by a real dyno jet. Im not gonna lie the numbers are a bit much when test pipes showed gains nowhere near this. But until the verify lets not rag on the results , we can only specualte what a real dyno jet would yeild. MRC is reputable and there right they gain nothing by touting this.
well
unless there selling the exhaust for a great price right lmao jk guys get back at my PM man. lol

im not gonna lie i would expect the FI exhuast with testpipes even the FI exaust alone to yield better results but it was no where near this. But then again not much is known about what this HR likes. In this instance dont focus on the DJ simulated numbers but the DD numbers those are down to earth. From what i seen.

Last edited by RBlover69; 09-30-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2007 | 01:58 PM
singh

Originally Posted by ZLadie2000
well, technically there is no other 07 dyno posted with a turbo xs exhaust, correct?
Maybe it is a bit early to start making assumptions, but that is very far fetched that an 07 with test pipes and a true dual exhaust perform far less than an 07 with just a turbo xs exhaust.
Old 09-30-2007 | 02:17 PM
Gooey

you guys have to realize a dyno in maryland will put out different numbers then the same dyno in cali or ny or wherever. If you guys allgo by these numbers youguys are just being ignorant.
Old 09-30-2007 | 02:28 PM
singh

Originally Posted by Gooey
you guys have to realize a dyno in maryland will put out different numbers then the same dyno in cali or ny or wherever. If you guys allgo by these numbers youguys are just being ignorant.
Gooey, I do not want to turn your thread into a lashing debate, but rather a mature discussion. Isn't the SAE correction factor (or whatever it's called) there to make dyno numbers more comparable?
Old 09-30-2007 | 02:57 PM
Gooey

Correct me if Im wrong but even ifyou correct thenumbers from one dyno to another there is still going to be a difference. You can dyno 1 car at oneplace and get a certain number then go dyno it at another place and get a completely different number. Even if you correct bothnumbers theywill not be close. All in all I dont care if my car puts down 240rwhp on one dyno, as long as it performs tomy needs at the track I willbe satisfied.
Old 09-30-2007 | 03:42 PM
warmmilk

did u have drag radials when u went to the track? i can't wait till i start pulling those kind of numbers, but the weather here blow monkey ***** so i'm stuck wait till next year for more practice to get those 1.9 60 ft's. the clutch dampner find is awesome

vitviper, ur incredible, gooey just mentioned the dampner, and u go and take apart ur car just to look at it and take a pic. i got my test pipes like 2-3 weeks ago, and they're still just sitting there waiting for my lazy *** to put them in, damn i'm lazy...
Old 09-30-2007 | 03:55 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
Good numbers buddy!!...baseline for the 07's is like 265-270ish....looks like you gained like 10ish whp....hmmmm...I was expecting more especially considering that fact that you have test pipes and a full exhaust...GREAT JOB NONETHELESS!!
It won't be comparable. 4th gear dyno and different rear gears means his dyno will ready a couple percent low. I'd guess 3-4% so thats a gain of 20-22 hp or so (total from stock). But even thats just a guess without a baseline in 4th with that rear gear. Shorter rear gearing means the tires and wheels have to be accelerated more further increasing drivetrain loss.
Old 09-30-2007 | 08:22 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by warmmilk
did u have drag radials when u went to the track? i can't wait till i start pulling those kind of numbers, but the weather here blow monkey ***** so i'm stuck wait till next year for more practice to get those 1.9 60 ft's. the clutch dampner find is awesome

vitviper, ur incredible, gooey just mentioned the dampner, and u go and take apart ur car just to look at it and take a pic. i got my test pipes like 2-3 weeks ago, and they're still just sitting there waiting for my lazy *** to put them in, damn i'm lazy...

I didn't know this car came with a dampener... never heard of such a thing until now. Explains the "lag" between high rpm speed shifts.

Gooey, when that shop makes your dampener delete, have them fab me one as well. I'll send them some $$$ for it.
Old 09-30-2007 | 08:53 PM
warmmilk

^ yeah let me know about the dampner delete to, if the price is right, i'll prolly add it to the parts collection in my room

i didn't even think about the lag between shifts till u just mentioned it, but thats a good point also. and i'll finally be able to launch at higher rpms. but i still wanna nail that 1.9 bone stock though, if veetec can do it than so can i!!! (i'm close with a 2.004)
Old 10-01-2007 | 08:44 AM
ajcool2

Clutch dampening removal writeup:

1. Remove rubber hose from one side of dampener
2. remove metal hose from other side of dampener
3. connect rubber hose to metal hose on the other side
4. Start car.
5. Pray
6. Launch hard
7. Be happy if it works.

If only it was that easy.
Old 10-01-2007 | 09:02 AM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by ajcool2

4. Start car.
5. Pray
6. Launch hard
7. Be happy if it works.

step 5 is crucial for this to work, lol
Old 10-01-2007 | 09:36 AM
Peak350

Don't forget to bleed the system. BMW has had them since 1997. It's a 'clutch delay valve'. Basically a really small hole for the fluid to get slowed down by.
Old 10-01-2007 | 09:52 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

I think the new s2ks have them? My buddy told me something about it.

Chris
Old 10-01-2007 | 03:02 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by ajcool2

4. Start car.
5. Pray
6. Launch hard
7. Be happy if it works.

Too bad ours don't have any rubber hose. It's two metal male ends going into two female ends in the dampener. All we need is like 2" of metal pipe with female connectors on each end.

Quick Reply: Dyno'd my car today.