Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Dyno'd my car today.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Gooey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno'd my car today.

Well first I would like to thank SRT for taking their time to dyno my car and try some new products that just came out and looks very promising for 350z owners. Especially the new 2007 owners. They are a renowned tuner in the supra/is300 network. Their work is top notch and the mechanics are top notch. They even had my old run files of my 2006 enthusiast from 2 years ago. They even pulled up Alberto's N/A dyno pulls before he went boost to compare how my dyno compares with a modded 2003 model. They were very very impressed with the new vq35hr and decided to look further into it. We tested a new engine management controller. Nothing real fancy but a simple plug and play device, Orbitz R-VIT, if I remember correctly. This thing does EVERYTHING! We were missing an accessory to play with the A/F ratio but besides that it had all sorts of data to playwith. You can manage how much fuel pressure you per every 500rpm, control and ignition timing, read out all sorts of engine data. Water temps, INTAKE temps (by the way the AEM intake was pulling in about 32-34 degrees Celsius throughout all the pulls(Heatsoak my A$$)) This thing looks very promising. The owner of SRT is going to figure out what is needed to control the A/F and will install this thing and tune my car accordingly. In the manual(written entirely in Japanese) states that this device is compatible with the Fairlady Z 2007 models. It is very simple and plugs into your obd.

Now for my dyno...

Dynojet

Weather: 80 degrees with about 45% humidity today.

I had 3 pulls with A/F ratio. These are Uncorrected #'s

Mods: Fast Intentions Intimidator Exhaust with FI resonated test pipes and AEM Dual Intakes

Note: I will post graphs on monday when I go back to get the run files. (did not have a 3.5 floppy disk in hand)

Note 2: Found out my exhaust is leaking somewhere near the test pipes. Will be fixed when they install my 4.083 final drive and the Orbitz in the next coming weeks.

Note 3: Found a fix forthe 2007 clutch issue. Seems like there is a clutch dampener that Nissan put in so you cant dump the clutch at high rpms. This will be removed andreplaced with a straight stainless steel clutch line. Hopefully this will bethefinal fix.

Results: Will include graphs and data once I get it on disk on monday
All 3 pulls were in 4th gear since 5th gear will hit the governer.

Pull 1: 271hp/237tq if I remember correctly

Pull 2 and 3 are almost identical. 279.9hp/241tq

My car is running very LEAN until about 5k rpm where itdrops to a steady and safe zone. The tuner said if wecan get more fuel in thefirst 5k then we squeeze out a bit more power. I believe the first 5k rpms the A/F ratio was inbetween 14-16 slightly going down as we reach 5k rpms
The cars torque band was very solid and made mostof its power from around 1.5k rpms to about 7.2k rpm it was pretty flat all the way. Horsepower topped out around 7-7.1k then stayed pretty flat to redline with only a slight decrease.

Once Again I will post graphs on monday. Overall I am pretty pleased with the #'s forwhat it is and once I have the car tuned I hope to reach at least 290hp/260tq

BTW: I ran the car at the track last night and pulled consistent 13.2's @ 105mph and some 13.3's with a 1.9 60'
Clutch gave out when I tried to launch it at 5k rpms

Last edited by Gooey; 10-03-2007 at 03:58 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:07 PM
WalkerT
Professional

Did you take in video? I can not wait to see the graph. Thanks for the info.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:14 PM
VitViper

Originally Posted by Gooey
We tested a new engine management controller. Nothing real fancy but a simple plug and play device, Orbitz R-VIT, if I remember correctly. This thing does EVERYTHING! We were missing an accessory to play with the A/F ratio but besides that it had all sorts of data to playwith. You can manage how much fuel pressure you per every 500rpm, control and ignition timing, read out all sorts of engine data. Water temps, INTAKE temps (by the way the AEM intake was pulling in about 32-34 degrees Celsius throughout all the pulls(Heatsoak my A$$)) This thing looks very promising.
I've said that about heat soak multiple times. BTW, where can I get this tuner? Is it able to datalog the stock widebands?

The owner of SRT is going to figure out what is needed to control the A/F and will install this thing and tune my car accordingly. In the manual(written entirely in Japanese) states that this device is compatible with the Fairlady Z 2007 models. It is very simple and plugs into your obd.

Now for my dyno...

Dynojet

Weather: 80 degrees with about 45% humidity today.

I had 3 pulls with A/F ratio. These are Uncorrected #'s

Mods: Fast Intentions Intimidator Exhaust with FI resonated test pipes and AEM Dual Intakes

Note: I will post graphs on monday when I go back to get the run files. (did not have a 3.5 floppy disk in hand)

Note 2: Found out my exhaust is leaking somewhere near the test pipes. Will be fixed when they install my 4.083 final drive and the Orbitz in the next coming weeks.

Note 3: Found a fix forthe 2007 clutch issue. Seems like there is a clutch dampener that Nissan put in so you cant dump the clutch at high rpms. This will be removed andreplaced with a straight stainless steel clutch line. Hopefully this will bethefinal fix.
Where is this dampener at? Is it in the clutch line itself?? More details please... and let me know where I can get the SS clutch line... I don't need that BS dampener.

Results: Will include graphs and data once I get it on disk on monday
All 3 pulls were in 4th gear since 5th gear will hit the governer.

Pull 1: 271hp/237tq if I remember correctly

Pull 2 and 3 are almost identical. 279.9hp/244tq
I did 272whp/239wtq with a massive intake leak (****ers at the dyno place knocked the PVC hose off the bank 1 intake leaving a nice gaping hole AFTER the MAF). No idea on my a/f since their wideband didn't work. Graph was very very bumpy and included me losing power from 4200 to 4500 before it started picking up again.

My car is running very LEAN until about 5k rpm where itdrops to a steady and safe zone. The tuner said if wecan get more fuel in thefirst 5k then we squeeze out a bit more power. I believe the first 5k rpms the A/F ratio was inbetween 14-16 slightly going down as we reach 5k rpms
The cars torque band was very solid and made mostof its power from around 1.5k rpms to about 7.2k rpm it was pretty flat all the way. Horsepower topped out around 7-7.1k then stayed pretty flat to redline with only a slight decrease.

Once Again I will post graphs on monday. Overall I am pretty pleased with the #'s forwhat it is and once I have the car tuned I hope to reach at least 290hp/260tq

BTW: I ran the car at the track last night and pulled consistent 13.2's @ 105mph and some 13.3's with a 1.9 60'
Clutch gave out when I tried to launch it at 5k rpms
290-300whp should be easy to get with a tune. My car put down basically stock #'s since I had the intake leak. sigh.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Gooey

No video. No pictures. I never take pictures or videos andjust hope someone else is doingit? I did not plan on dynoing my car today. Just happens I was in the area and went out to see how one of my friends isdoing overthere. It was a last minute decision to dyno.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:23 PM
johnnyblaze007

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. Thought I would post that I also dyno'd my car this last Friday on a dyno jet. It was just my baseline all stock. My best run was 269hp and 238tq. that was a 5th gear pull. I will also post graphs when I get a chance. Gooey did you run a baseline? I'm leaning towards aem intake but want to see #'s before I purchase and right now they look very promising. The shop I went to said they dyno'd a 2005 g35 a week prior with plenum, intake, exhaust, and test pipes and he only put down 250hp. The guy running the dyno was pretty shocked to see my numbers being stock. Just food for thought. I think these hr motors are pretty freaking sweet and I can't wait to start the mods.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Gooey

Not sure where you can getthe tuner. He is a dealer too and happened to have one in handy new in abox. I toldhim thats goingto be mine if it can regulate the A/F. He mentioned its a new product that just released in Japan for the newer cars. It is a pretty neat device.'

The mechanic told me the dampener is in the clutch line itself most likely in the fender well. He said most newer cars have these dampeners installed by thedealer to prevent abusive driving. He saidit isacommon problem on the IS300's and they jsut fabricate a line to replace it. They have an inhouse machines thatdoes alltheir work. They make intakes, exhausts, manifolds, allkinds of things forthe 2jze motors
Old 09-29-2007, 02:27 PM
07_350z_JP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how did you find out about the clutch dampner? who sells this stainless line?

Good #s. Did you find a fix for the check light as well with the TPs? Were these bolt on test pipes or ones you had new flanges welded onto? I wonder what makes you run so lean. My dyno session had opposite I ran really rich 10.25-11.50.I dont have test pipes though. I need that tuner they showed you.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:27 PM
VitViper

No video. No pictures. I never take pictures or videos andjust hope someone else is doingit? I did not plan on dynoing my car today. Just happens I was in the area and went out to see how one of my friends isdoing overthere. It was a last minute decision to dyno.
I have video of my pull... Tons of smoke the whole way up... http://fullavit.com/fu_hp.mov
Old 09-29-2007, 02:30 PM
johnnyblaze007

They also said I was running a little rich and could you use a tune even being stock.
ZLadie2000
Banned

280rwhp not too bad. I dont think you actually got any gains from the AEM intakes.

bTW I think you shoulda still tried a 5th gear pull. I did a 5th gear pull stock, got 268rwhp in hot weather. And 276rwhp with no exhaust...
VitViper

Not sure where you can getthe tuner. He is a dealer too and happened to have one in handy new in abox. I toldhim thats goingto be mine if it can regulate the A/F. He mentioned its a new product that just released in Japan for the newer cars. It is a pretty neat device.'

The mechanic told me the dampener is in the clutch line itself most likely in the fender well. He said most newer cars have these dampeners installed by thedealer to prevent abusive driving. He saidit isacommon problem on the IS300's and they jsut fabricate a line to replace it. They have an inhouse machines thatdoes alltheir work. They make intakes, exhausts, manifolds, allkinds of things forthe 2jze motors
Do me a big favor and find out more about the tuner and deleting the dampener for the clutch line. My clutch grabs a lot harder now since the fix, but there is sometimes a "lag" in how soon it grabs completely and the car takes off.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Riley07

Pretty cool!!! Keep us posted..
Old 09-29-2007, 03:15 PM
turismo

Nice times
Old 09-29-2007, 03:20 PM
ajcool2

Gooey I was going to ask you if you were planning to dyno your car and you did already lol. Nice numbers man. Wish I could have come up to see it.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:46 PM
VitViper

Here's one of the things google's found on clutch dampeners:
http://www.z31.com/clutchdamperremoval.shtml
Old 09-29-2007, 04:04 PM
VitViper

This would be our dampener:

Old 09-29-2007, 06:03 PM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good numbers buddy!!...baseline for the 07's is like 265-270ish....looks like you gained like 10ish whp....hmmmm...I was expecting more especially considering that fact that you have test pipes and a full exhaust...GREAT JOB NONETHELESS!!
Old 09-29-2007, 06:04 PM
ajcool2

Oh how I love progress. Once those dampeners are gone 12's are here.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:21 PM
Gooey

yup those are the dampeners that needs to go or get gutted. He said they would need to fabricate a line but its something almost any competent shop can do. I trust his judgement because his company is well known in the supra/is300 toyota world.
Now for the tuner device I will get back toyouguys on this later. He is trying to get in touch with someone in japan who makes these and see what he can do with adjustin the a/f ratio. Everythign else works like a charm. This thing is AMAZING
Old 09-29-2007, 07:23 PM
VitViper

yup those are the dampeners that needs to go or get gutted. He said they would need to fabricate a line but its something almost any competent shop can do. I trust his judgement because his company is well known in the supra/is300 toyota world.
You going back to his shop to have him fab one up? Shouldn't take too long, it's like 2" of pipe total to delete the dampener. I want one like... now.

Now for the tuner device I will get back toyouguys on this later. He is trying to get in touch with someone in japan who makes these and see what he can do with adjustin the a/f ratio. Everythign else works like a charm. This thing is AMAZING
Does it have software you can load on a PC that adjusts everything? Or is it all on the device?

Quick Reply: Dyno'd my car today.