Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Greddy VQ35HR TT??!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:43 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Zimo
that sounds pretty tempting. i am considering to get in debt for that. what bothers me though is they dont know what a reliable boost would be, and besides that tuners have not cracked the ecu completely. also i dont want to be the first guineapig.
I would imagine they stick with a safe amount of boost related to the DE engine. HKS FCON is included with the price, so no worries about cracking the ECU.

Tony (is now also going OT)
Old 01-07-2008, 11:49 AM
warmmilk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
Did you read my sticky at the top of the HR forum? If you did, you'd know that Performance Factory would fab you up a kit and hook you up with an FCON for ~$11k. I'm sure others would do it as well, but it's gonna cost.

Now can everyone stop with the off-topic?
IMO 11k for a single kit is way over priced, i know the work required to make it and all the parts prolly at up to 11k, but the result isn't worth 11k

i'd just wait for a twin kit to come out.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:07 PM
bboypuertoroc

Originally Posted by warmmilk
IMO 11k for a single kit is way over priced, i know the work required to make it and all the parts prolly at up to 11k, but the result isn't worth 11k

i'd just wait for a twin kit to come out.
I believe that price is including labor as well. I guess it's gonna cost to be first.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:49 PM
warmmilk

^i realize it includes labor, iguess my post sounds a bit confusing, i'm just saying the end result isn't worth imo, cause 11k later, ur still limited by one turbo
Old 01-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Peak350

I thought they said that as a twin setup, regardless I can't afford it
Old 01-07-2008, 06:58 PM
350Zimo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought that GTM was going to release a dyno and info regarding the HR motor since they were one of the first company that officially stated that they were going to be at sema with HRTT. i still want to see official claim of what we can expect from the HR, and what its limits are.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:54 PM
aloh

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

you gotta pay to play folks.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:14 PM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by 350Zimo
i thought that GTM was going to release a dyno and info regarding the HR motor since they were one of the first company that officially stated that they were going to be at sema with HRTT. i still want to see official claim of what we can expect from the HR, and what its limits are.
the one that GTM built is has a built 4.5L motor, so it won't indicate what the hr can do on stock block
Old 01-14-2008, 01:38 PM
finalfantasy316

bad news guys. greddy just pushed there twin turbo kit back to freakin august this year. why is it taking companys so damn long to get stuff out for this damn car.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:47 PM
bboypuertoroc

^i realize it includes labor, iguess my post sounds a bit confusing, i'm just saying the end result isn't worth imo, cause 11k later, ur still limited by one turbo
Really depends on the size turbo you go with. I'd be happy with a single HTA35R (which has proven to be worth just over 700AWHP on an Evo).
Old 01-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Bottled Water

Did you read my sticky at the top of the HR forum? If you did, you'd know that Performance Factory would fab you up a kit and hook you up with an FCON for ~$11k. I'm sure others would do it as well, but it's gonna cost.

it puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again
Old 01-14-2008, 04:44 PM
robertsowka

dont be a dick i was just asking a question about a TWIN turbo not a single turbo, didnt you read my post?
Old 01-14-2008, 04:56 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Umm... have you not read the threads about the PowerLab single turbo kit??? I have yet to see any of the twin kits make 906whp on a stock 3.5L displacement VQ motor. Not to mention, a lot of Supra guys would straight up punch you in the face for that comment.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:00 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Umm... have you not read the threads about the PowerLab single turbo kit??? I have yet to see any of the twin kits make 906whp on a stock 3.5L displacement VQ motor. Not to mention, a lot of Supra guys would straight up punch you in the face for that comment.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:09 AM
Zacreth
Z Rocker

Now I don't want to start a war..but the reason why a single turbo is very good for the supra's is because it's an Inline 6. In our case, we have a V and thus it would be more feasible to put two turbos to feed more air through both air intakes to the manifold than to have an unbalanced air flow to the intake manifold.
You can't compare the turbo kit for a supra to the VQ. It's like comparing apples to oranges.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:32 AM
Peak350

Originally Posted by Zacreth
Now I don't want to start a war..but the reason why a single turbo is very good for the supra's is because it's an Inline 6. In our case, we have a V and thus it would be more feasible to put two turbos to feed more air through both air intakes to the manifold than to have an unbalanced air flow to the intake manifold.
You can't compare the turbo kit for a supra to the VQ. It's like comparing apples to oranges.
Right, the 2 issues we face are combining the exhaust gas flows with reasonably close runner lengths (not really feasible close to the engine where we can get good temp differentials and thus better spool time) and that the HR having dual intakes would require a single in dual out I/C and the flow rate to one side would undoubtebly be better - meaning a lot of unbalanced power production for the motor (left front piston would probably make the most power, and right rear the least - or mirrored).
Old 01-15-2008, 10:16 AM
warmmilk

Really depends on the size turbo you go with. I'd be happy with a single HTA35R (which has proven to be worth just over 700AWHP on an Evo).
based on what i've seen on single kits at that power level on the vq's so far, that would be a pretty peaky power band. and for that power, u'd have to build the engine, which comes out to be alot more than 11k. and by the time ur engine would be built and ready to go into ur car, chances are, some of the tt kits would be on the market already, also capable of the same power, but with much better spool and wider power band and probably at a lower psi

i was refering to a single turbo on a VQ, not any other engine. i know supras make stupid power on singles with a decent power band (depending on the size of the turbo). and the supra gets better (typically) spool on a single cause its an inline 6, so the manifold can be made equal length (and balanced pressure from runner to runner). no need to get violent here, most supra owners would agree with me that a tt set up makes more sense on a vq than a single set up

the reason i said ur still limited to but one turbo is cause of how short the power band is, it takes forever to spool up cause of the exhaust configurtion, and the power falls off pretty quickly cause of the exhause configuration again. a single on a vq makes for allot of exhaust back pressure making it difficult to get a wide powerband unless ur in the low end of power (350-400ish whp). and unless all u wanna do is drag race, there is alot more to a car then peak power. i prefer wide power bands, but if a short peaky power band is ur thing, then go ahead and blow 11k on a single turbo set up.

i'm not trying to talk anyone out of buying this, just stating my opinion that its not worth it, especially considering that the guy asking about this as thinking of taking out a loan to do this. it'd be a much better idea to wait till the greddy or gtm kit comes out and save the money till then so that u don't have to get into any debt.

+ see peak350's post, he also makes a very valid point

Last edited by warmmilk; 01-15-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:30 AM
GHOST1207

anyone know how much hp an HR can handle before being blown, is it similar to the engines before?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:36 AM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by GHOST1207
anyone know how much hp an HR can handle before being blown, is it similar to the engines before?
nobody knows because it hasn't been done yet

its similer to the previous vq (the de), but alot of the internals (if not all) are beefed up in the hr
Old 01-15-2008, 10:42 AM
GHOST1207

yeah thats what i thought, but no one knows for sure eh?

hopefully something close to the 2JZ internals

Quick Reply: Greddy VQ35HR TT??!?