Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Dynoed after exhaust and test pipes! 283hp!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 05:45 PM
rkemp1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
SRT's dyno read's high.. they always had issues in the IS community when their Turbo IS300 put out way more power than everybody elses.. they narrowed it down to their happy dyno... still very impressive numbers.. but what is important is your baseline and pull after mods
I didnt know that. Thats a little disheartening but I am going to a dyno day Jan 12 at PF Supercars so I should be able to see more dynojet numbers for comparison. By the way I just realized that it doesnt have TQ numbers or RPMs. I will edit...

By the way their turbo IS is pretty sick. It laid down over 700whp when I was there with a smaller turbo than what it used to have.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:59 PM
robertsowka

what did they use to tune your car? dont you need some kind of piggy back or ems to tune?
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Kuruma-san

Originally Posted by rkemp1
On my car it stops at 155 not 160. I dont know if thats cuz its a base or if its all trim levels. A guy with a nismo claims to have gone 16X. But I know from personal experience that the computer stops u at 155. So we will have to wait and see what technosquare can do.
no need to claim lots of people have gone 160+, on my last run another member and i both hit 160 (07 6spd base) even my buddys auto hit 160

Last edited by Kuruma-san; 01-08-2008 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:11 AM
itsjiggajames

Originally Posted by Kuruma-san
no need to claim lots of people have gone 160+, on my last run another member and i both hit 160 (07 6spd base) even my buddys auto hit 160
thats not close to actual. When my speedo said 155mph on my speedo my GPS said 145mph..
Old 01-08-2008, 06:06 AM
Kuruma-san

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
thats not close to actual. When my speedo said 155mph on my speedo my GPS said 145mph..
Yes, in 2007 engineers cant make a speedometer thats accurate, maybe you need to get your speedo calibrated, you think a lot of people would have tickets if the speedometer was ten miles per hour off?
Old 01-08-2008, 06:48 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Please tell me that isnt on a state road??
Old 01-08-2008, 06:49 AM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
I have never even looked at the digital when I was going for a top speed run because I was also under the impression that the digital may be a little off and I am not saying 10 mph, but off nonetheless. And unless the 07s have a higher top speed (which i kinda doubt) the speed limiter in the ECU stops you at 155-156. The only way that I know of changing that is a reflash. So that digital speedo may read 160 but I think your really stuck at 155 (not that 5mph matters at those speeds.)

Edit: I just read your post in more depth Kuruma-San. 160 i dont know enough to say thats pure BS but 160+ is definitely not happening with the stock ecu.

Last edited by rkemp1; 01-08-2008 at 06:51 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:52 AM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by robertsowka
what did they use to tune your car? dont you need some kind of piggy back or ems to tune?
Oh and I am not tuned. that was just a baseline dyno.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:05 PM
vnarang

Originally Posted by steven37
+1...i would like to know also.
I like how you didn't read the post before you.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:18 PM
itsjiggajames

Yes, in 2007 engineers cant make a speedometer thats accurate, maybe you need to get your speedo calibrated, you think a lot of people would have tickets if the speedometer was ten miles per hour off?
LOL, You think i'm bsing? My 07 is new. **** is not off. It's a percentage error. At 40mph, its off by maybe 1-2mph. At 80, it'll be off 2-3mph. I don't know the exact percentage. On my e46 bmw, same ****. Every car I have owned has been overrated. BMW being the most overrated speedo. I have a GPS next to me from Garmin when i'm driving, and i have proof. What are your facts based off of? I never said it was 10mph off at all time. That would be a ridiculous dumb claim. If I even DID claim that, then when i'm in 1st gear at 10mph my speedo would read ZERO? No..... at 15X.XX mph, my highest clocked speed on my garmin GPS is 145mph. I hit 170mph, then my alarm woke me up. had to push the snooze button again. I wish I could hit 160. Car is limited. Your digital speedo reads 160, 165, ect ect ect whatever. You maxed out around 155, REAL speed. Don't believe me? Get your given RPM at 160mph. Take a picture of you going 160mph AGAIN, then take a picture of your RPMs, and do the math with the gear you're in to find out your actual speed.. that'll give you a CLOSER estimate. Then again, your tachometer isn't exactly on the dot either.. so there goes that too.. chances are our cars are overrated so lawsuits won't happen against Nissan.

edit. For your understanding.. http://www.caranddriver.com/features...r-scandal.html

Last edited by itsjiggajames; 01-08-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:20 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Originally Posted by vnarang
I like how you didn't read the post before you.
Did you bother looking at the times both of them were posted..Obviously they were replying at the same time ... No need to make a remark like that after the thread is already two pages past the original reply and almost two weeks old.. Try to contribute something positive to the thread..
Old 01-09-2008, 05:42 AM
Gooey

Originally Posted by doug
SRT's dyno read's high.. they always had issues in the IS community when their Turbo IS300 put out way more power than everybody elses.. they narrowed it down to their happy dyno... still very impressive numbers.. but what is important is your baseline and pull after mods
It may read high (what do you expect from a dynojet ) Well I will be at PFSupercars this weekend to dyno my car on a different dynojet to see. Thing about SRT, even if they have issues with the IS's showing way more power than everybody elses, their cars back up the HP numbers. I have seen their cars countless amount of times at local tracks trapping 140+mph

Last edited by Gooey; 01-09-2008 at 05:50 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:16 PM
rkemp1

So we sought out the rule book to find out just how much accuracy is mandated. In the U.S., manufacturers voluntarily follow the standard set by the Society of Automotive Engineers, J1226, which is pretty lax. To begin with, manufacturers are afforded the latitude to aim for within plus-or-minus two percent of absolute accuracy or to introduce bias to read high on a sliding scale of from minus-one to plus-three percent at low speeds to zero to plus-four percent above 55 mph. And those percentages are not of actual speed but rather a percentage of the total speed range indicated on the dial. So the four-percent allowable range on an 85-mph speedometer is 3.4 mph, and the acceptable range on a 150-mph speedometer is 6.0 mph.

Thats good info to know. It makes sense too, otherwise these twin turbo and supercharged guys would have no problem passing the 155 limiter without a reflash. And yes unless they are reflashed they too cant go past 155.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:25 PM
itsjiggajames

Originally Posted by rkemp1
So we sought out the rule book to find out just how much accuracy is mandated. In the U.S., manufacturers voluntarily follow the standard set by the Society of Automotive Engineers, J1226, which is pretty lax. To begin with, manufacturers are afforded the latitude to aim for within plus-or-minus two percent of absolute accuracy or to introduce bias to read high on a sliding scale of from minus-one to plus-three percent at low speeds to zero to plus-four percent above 55 mph. And those percentages are not of actual speed but rather a percentage of the total speed range indicated on the dial. So the four-percent allowable range on an 85-mph speedometer is 3.4 mph, and the acceptable range on a 150-mph speedometer is 6.0 mph.

Thats good info to know. It makes sense too, otherwise these twin turbo and supercharged guys would have no problem passing the 155 limiter without a reflash. And yes unless they are reflashed they too cant go past 155.
Yup. And our Z cars are over rated for sure. More than normal, IMO.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:17 PM
baspence

I'm getting the AAM 3 inch single and Y pipe next week. My dual popchargers should be on tomorrow. Hope soon as they get the reflash done with that and a fuel return line I can put down close to 300.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:35 AM
robertsowka

what exactly does fuel return do? i have seen that on the turbo setups and was just wondering what it is/what it does/if it adds performace or just reliability...
Old 01-11-2008, 11:29 AM
VitViper

The factory governor is 159mph. The gauge on the dash would point at 160, the digital would read 159mph. The ECU doesn't care about your 'actual' speed when limiting the car.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:40 PM
baspence

Originally Posted by robertsowka
what exactly does fuel return do? i have seen that on the turbo setups and was just wondering what it is/what it does/if it adds performace or just reliability...
it adds both. after bolt-ons the z's run lean up top. the fuel return comes with a FPR and all so it helps rich'in it up on higher rpm's. Quinton at AAM said it adds about 6hp with intake and exhaust. also, it's because the z's have crappy fuel rail setups factory. they criss-cross from side to side instead of two seperate fuel rails.
Old 01-11-2008, 11:30 PM
capnstabn

Originally Posted by baspence
it adds both. after bolt-ons the z's run lean up top. the fuel return comes with a FPR and all so it helps rich'in it up on higher rpm's. Quinton at AAM said it adds about 6hp with intake and exhaust. also, it's because the z's have crappy fuel rail setups factory. they criss-cross from side to side instead of two seperate fuel rails.

Is there a kit for this? What do I need to buy =x.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:22 AM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

To the OP-
Great numbers. Even if they aren't 100% accurate, they should be good #'s. With Cams, intake, Exhaust, spacer, and HFC on my 06 the Exact Dyno measured 259 WHP. Even if your car actually has 260 that is great considering the low cost of your mods and the few bolt-ons you have.

Quick Reply: Dynoed after exhaust and test pipes! 283hp!