Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Recall on slave cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:12 AM
rkemp1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then he probably was just feedin u a line. If they really fixed your slave they would have had to have dropped your trans. If they did actually fix it congrats and enjoy it!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:18 AM
AlanZ

Thanks..runs like a million bucks. 2007, Pikes Peak, 6M, coupe had it 6 months...great ride.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:25 AM
crg914

Is there anyone else who qualifies that hasn't received a letter besides me?

I want to take it in but would feel better with the letter in hand.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 AM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by crg914
Is there anyone else who qualifies that hasn't received a letter besides me?

I want to take it in but would feel better with the letter in hand.
Jus act as if you received the letter today....If they say you need it (don't think you do) then call that nissan # thats posted in the earlier post.
Called my stealership and they said to drop the car off today and it'll be ready tomorrow no questions asked cept': have you been here before...to pull up my info.

Last edited by stogey420time; 01-29-2008 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:49 PM
whitt1

My wife called Nissan today and was told that my vin# was excluded and that my 07 Nismo Z was not covered by the letter,despite my already having the problem with my clutch.Lets see my clutch peddle stuck to the floor in traffic at 4100 miles causing my clutch linings to fail,the dealer tells me that I've been Drifting the car and Nissan north america denighes warranty coverage.The service writer calls me a liar saying there was no way the slave cylinder could have failed,because there was still fluid in it.Nissan's attorney sends me a letter saying that they will not mediate because I addmitted to racing the car[not true].Looks like a lawsuite is my only alternative.
Old 01-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Kieran@DrivenDynamics

Originally Posted by whitt1
My wife called Nissan today and was told that my vin# was excluded and that my 07 Nismo Z was not covered by the letter,despite my already having the problem with my clutch.Lets see my clutch peddle stuck to the floor in traffic at 4100 miles causing my clutch linings to fail,the dealer tells me that I've been Drifting the car and Nissan north america denighes warranty coverage.The service writer calls me a liar saying there was no way the slave cylinder could have failed,because there was still fluid in it.Nissan's attorney sends me a letter saying that they will not mediate because I addmitted to racing the car[not true].Looks like a lawsuite is my only alternative.
WHOA that sucks, try a different dealer?
Old 01-29-2008, 02:17 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by whitt1
That's fugg'ed
Have you tired calling 1-800-nissan1 and complain to them about it even though your vin #'s was not covered by the letter?
You should try the 1-800 people and get them to OK it 1st then go to another dealership...GL bro

Last edited by stogey420time; 01-29-2008 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Morris

Originally Posted by Goku350z2007
there is some weird noise comming from the transmision area after they fixed the slave cylinder problem usually in the mornings. It's almost like a whistle
noise i'm not sure what it is, but it seems to fade away 10 minutes after driving the car
I have this also, just first thing after the car has been sitting for a long period of time, particularly in the cold. I had the trans and diff fluid changed at the same time. I thought it was just the different diff fluid needing to warm up.

My whistle\swirling wind nosie is pretty loud (can hear it over moderate stereo level), but is gone in about a mile.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Zerocool70663

this is so bs my car wont be back till thur now cuz they said they got the wrong part.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:32 PM
diablo25mn

My Car's Vin# starts with a 1BZ..... and it was purchased in March 2007.. so I guess somehow I lucked out.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:20 PM
07_350z_JP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OmGIsHSaK
Yeah... They replace my slave cyclender and pilot bushing too.. but Mine have a growling noise coming from the tranny... probablly due to the recall. but luckly they replace the whole tranny with a new one.. and I just got the car back and it is GREAT....

OMGISHSAK- What exactly were your cars symptoms and what did they replace? Most Importantly WHICH dealer. Im in San Antonio as well and have complained about the whining/growling noise in idle and the whining noise in 1st/2nd for the longest time.Each time classified as normal same with stuck pedal.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:10 AM
ncdoc

Scheduled my salve cylinder to be replaced next week.

Do the catalytic converters need to be removed to drop the transmission? I had wanted to tighten up the HFC/exhaust bolts as it has warmed up here, but it seems that would be a waste of time if they are going to remove a part of the exhaust or HFC's to perform the recall work.

Thanks.

ncdoc
Old 01-30-2008, 04:20 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by 07_350z_JP
OMGISHSAK- What exactly were your cars symptoms and what did they replace? Most Importantly WHICH dealer. Im in San Antonio as well and have complained about the whining/growling noise in idle and the whining noise in 1st/2nd for the longest time.Each time classified as normal same with stuck pedal.
The whining noise is normal and will not go away after this fix. But the issues with the clutch are fixed. Gunn will fix it properly.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:14 AM
07JimmyZ

Originally Posted by MC
ok so i get the car back and i drive across the street to applbees to eat and i notice the clutch is ultra light and the pedal is very low to the floor (actually pretty comfortable). i notice that the 1st gear shutter is completely gone!!!!!!!!!!! so after i eat im on my way home and i hear this lound "THUMP" sound and my clutch is now really high and Firm/heavy so i wonder what the hell that sound was so i call my buddy who did the recall for me and he says it probalby wasnt seated right at first and thats all he could think of. so i drive it home and it does fine, just feels really high and heavy vs before the "THUMP" sound. also the clutch smelled a little when i pulled it in the garage. i also notice a little vibration in the pedal when its about halfway engaged. it feels sorta like how the clutch vibrates when you have the windsheild wipers on.

i go and do a few launches in my driveway and everything feels fine. all the shutter and having to baby it into 1st is gone.

im just curious to what the sound was and why the pedal seemed to pop up high after it
The same thing happened to me as I was driving home, the pedal felt really far down and there was only an inch or so of pedal movement available(before I brought the car in, I had adjusted the pedal almost as far as it would go, so that might have contributed to the short travel)and after about 5 minutes of driving, I was about to shift so I had my foot above the pedal and then it popped up and hit my foot, Immediatly after it felt so much smoother though.....chatter in first gone....completly smooth....It feels like a new car. I cant express how much better it is compared to before, just glad I got it changed.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:34 AM
Gooey

thats pretty normal after adjjusting the clutch lines and fluid. That happened to me too when I just flushed out the clutch fluid.

Im afraid this feeling of better clutch is just due to the new fluid in the lines. I hope the new slave cylinder doesnt fail.

I just dropped the car off for the recall this morning. Driving an 07 Altima 2.5L. Not bad of a car Not sure if its CVT trans but in manual mode theres 6 gears
Old 01-30-2008, 06:52 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Gooey
thats pretty normal after adjjusting the clutch lines and fluid. That happened to me too when I just flushed out the clutch fluid.

Im afraid this feeling of better clutch is just due to the new fluid in the lines. I hope the new slave cylinder doesnt fail.

I just dropped the car off for the recall this morning. Driving an 07 Altima 2.5L. Not bad of a car Not sure if its CVT trans but in manual mode theres 6 gears
Yea that is the CVT. Kinda wild. Get on it and watch those RPMS just sit at like 4-5k.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Gooey

yea I left it in automatic mode and pushed the car but I couldnt feel the car shifting Its pretty neat.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:17 AM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

hello fellow Z owners... i just joined the club...

JN1AZ34D25M608193 <<< MY VIN didn't fall under what you guys posted, then why in the hell mine got stuck? anyway, I just came from the dealership and they already ordered the part and get em installed as soon as it gets in + the clicking noise on the rear axle... anything else??? i saw it on the DMV.org that 05 had an external lighting recall but the dealership ****'s saying there's NONE... i guess i have to print out that report and smack it to their faces eh?

Last edited by Bumble_Zee; 01-31-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:13 AM
Gooey

Got my car back. I feel no difference. I honestly thing my car felt a lot better with the Motul in it. Gotta flush out the clutch fluids again and pour in the good stuff. Maybe thatll make the difference.
I know they switched it out because they showed me the old one and i saw the guy workin on it for hours.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

Originally Posted by Gooey
Got my car back. I feel no difference. I honestly thing my car felt a lot better with the Motul in it. Gotta flush out the clutch fluids again and pour in the good stuff. Maybe thatll make the difference.
I know they switched it out because they showed me the old one and i saw the guy workin on it for hours.
the clutch fluid shares with the brake fluid correct? because i just recently changed my transmission fluid with amsoil synthetic, i'll be pissed if they flush it out...

Quick Reply: Recall on slave cylinder