Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

VQ35DE vs VQ35HR

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:19 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
The HR motor has created an all new gang of arrogance on this forum. It's rather annoying.

The HR bullies knocked me down and took my lunch money
Old 02-11-2008, 10:48 AM
onyxaltezza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv

Thats EFFIN CUTE lol
Old 02-11-2008, 12:04 PM
Blu_Blur

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RBlover69
doesnt matter 4000$ it can be done without a doubt your statement is flawed. Nitrous is a bolt on kit the lines etc. And with slicks plus cams and every bolt on with a tune. I see no reason why wouldnt you beat a HR.

My good friend has a HR

We race alot , alot of close races i do have a rev-up with MHFCs and soon to be exhaust but im at her door for the most part. My engine granted is a V2 engine from oil consumption but that has no baring on power my last engine dyno'd 251 i havent dyno'd this engine yet

revup
with a 1/2 spacer mrev2
osirus rev increase to the HRs redline
TD exhaust
lightened flywheel
4.0 gears
crawford headers
haltech tuned
JWT s7 cams
metallic hi flow cats
fluidampr pulley which i plan on getting
good set of pole postions tires

I dont see her standing a chance with a stock HR modded is a different story but the way my car pulls now i dont see it being any problem with those mods to destroy one on the road. Granted money vrs what you have ratio up there but ..i think where kinda delusional to think bolt on DE or revup Zs tuned especailly with ecus like haltech out which cant squeeze out almost everything ya got cannot beat HRs. really lol especially when in the HR forum owners are posting 14.0 time slips. You must not onyl have the engine my friend but the driver aswell.

Everyone knows the HR is the newer better motor but to say DEs or revups dont stand a chance....maybey you should race more. then mag or slip race.

You would be surprised what you can beat because someone cannot drive. I waxed a stillen Z stage 2 the other day and he swore i was running nitrous. I just have a strong motor thats all nothing special and plus stillen SC sucks ballz no top end at all where i walked him preety bad. All in all....until you have vids destroying bolt DEs left and right lets not flap.

Whats the point of having a z06 when your hitting 13. sec time slips lmao.

I agree. It's not like the HR to the DE is like a C6 Corvette to a ZO6 C6 Vette. There isn't THAT much of a difference and considering that the HR's are heavier, it lessens the difference even more.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by 2007-Z
It's a matter of opinion. I like it better than the old hood. It looks more aggressive/sexy. Like the difference between a flat-chested girl and one with a little bit of boob under the shirt.

Uh, no. Even though it is a matter of perception yadda yadda yadda, it ruins the cars lines. That kind of bump would be better suited to something like a G35 or Mustang.

I wouldn't liken them to breasts but more like noses and who wants a chick with an over-sized nose? I'm pretty-sure that if you guys could retain the same modifications that the HR possesses but have a nice sleek hood, you guys would.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Hoooper

Originally Posted by Blu_Blur
Uh, no. Even though it is a matter of perception yadda yadda yadda, it ruins the cars lines. That kind of bump would be better suited to something like a G35 or Mustang.
you obviously dont understand the definition of opinion. its my opinion that the new hood flows BETTER with the lines of the car. sorry
Old 02-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Blu_Blur

Originally Posted by Hoooper
you obviously dont understand the definition of opinion. its my opinion that the new hood flows BETTER with the lines of the car. sorry

Basically, I'm saying that the new hood looks wrong regardless of opinion. It would be someone's opinion to say Brittney Spears is an idiot but that person would be right and even though there might be some teenie bopper who thinks otherwise, that teenie bopper is still wrong. The whole concept of the Z's external design is about nice FLOWING lines not abrupt increases in elevations where something was once smooth.

First time there was a thread showing the new HR car, the first of the complaints were about the hood and how fugly it is.

As I said, if you guys could retain the same HR improvements but keep a nice clean and smooth-flowing hood, you guys would.

Last edited by Blu_Blur; 02-11-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:10 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basically, I'm saying that the new hood looks wrong regardless of opinion. It would be someone's opinion to say Brittney Spears is an idiot but that person would be right and even though there might be some teenie bopper who thinks otherwise, that teenie bopper is still wrong. The whole concept of the Z's external design is about nice FLOWING lines not abrupt increases in elevations where something was once smooth.

First time there was a thread showing the new HR car, the first of the complaints were about the hood and how fugly it is.

As I said, if you guys could retain the same HR improvements but keep a nice clean and smooth-flowing hood, you guys would.

i wouldn't. I like the new hood. IMO, i like how the front of the car bulges more to offset the hatchback. otherwise the car looks too much like an egg. However, apparently it is not our opinions that matter because clearly you were part of the nissan design team and you KNOW that the car is suppose to be sleak and streamlined in the front. I mean, since it's so obvious in what Nissan wanted from the front end look of the car, wow..where did the bulge come from? That clearly must have been an overlooked architectural error.

Last edited by stylett9; 02-11-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:12 PM
singh

I love the new hood. My car just wouldn't feel like an 07 without it.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:20 PM
T_K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
The HR motor has created an all new gang of arrogance on this forum. It's rather annoying.
Seems to go both ways

TK
Old 02-11-2008, 01:43 PM
itsjiggajames

This thread is a failure. DE guys stick with your DEs and HR guy stick with your HRs and so be it. we're going from a motor discussion to a street race to a hood hump. Whats next? Fanboys FTL
Old 02-11-2008, 02:12 PM
stylett9

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
This thread is a failure. DE guys stick with your DEs and HR guy stick with your HRs and so be it. we're going from a motor discussion to a street race to a hood hump. Whats next? Fanboys FTL

i'm guilty of failing the thread, i admit. sorry back on topic.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Originally Posted by RBlover69
this is possibly the funniest thing i have heard LMAO HAHAAHHAHAHHA someone put this in there sig.

you realize that the 06.5 Z have the same suspension as the 07s and 08s right LMAO and susupension wise beyond spring rates of the previous gens there almost null compared to the previous with disreguard to the nismo Z. Your engine has no merit on maneuvers you think you cannot pull off because of engine difference lmao. The torque on these engines wether it be DE DER OR HR all have sufficient torque to pull of the same manuevers almost identically. We all still have preety much a linear power band, its the way the Z was designed form start from finish in regaurds to the VQ from its french origins.
Did you bother to read any of my other posts. Here ya go

Originally Posted by Sensi09
What I meant by that was simple passing and merging. With more power, such "maneuvers" are made easier. Again, nothing dangerous, just regular driving. Quote the whole thing next time.
Originally Posted by Sensi09
It's nothing transforming like slapping on a SC, but personally, I feel it's a good deal faster. I had a '05 Z with a DE motor, put almost 60K miles on a rev-up and think the HR is a big step up.

On the highway, if the HR can pull a few car-lengths over an older Z, that's sufficient difference when you consider merging/overtaking. Yes, the same overtaking can be done with an older Z, but IMO, it was made more comfortable with the HR.
I'm not doing donuts or drifting on the freeway, you guys read into things way to much. BTW, I've had a 05 Z, an '06 revup and now a 07 Nismo. I've also driven an earlier '03 Z so I'm quite aware of all the differences. Thanks.

Oh and people talk about "fanboys," but the defensive nature of other members is just as annoying.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:30 PM
shadykilla717

Could it be that the 06 and under guys are alil upset and jelous that it costs them god knows how much in mods to keep up wit us stock?? And we payed the sameprice for our cars?? And also that we don't even NEED half the mods they do to catch us?? I think I hear alot of jelousy out of you de guys.... Both cars are great. stfu. Enjoy your car. It's proven the hr is a better performing motor in stock. The de is more moddable than an hr why?? because the hr dsn't need half the mods the de does. Thats it. It's over. Happy safe driving.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:32 PM
rkemp1

Originally Posted by davidv

You cant feel too bad David, you can claim a couple HR kills on the drag strip thanks to me!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Hoooper

Basically, I'm saying that the new hood looks wrong regardless of opinion. It would be someone's opinion to say Brittney Spears is an idiot but that person would be right and even though there might be some teenie bopper who thinks otherwise, that teenie bopper is still wrong.
the difference between appearance and something that can be tested is large

it is not a FACT the hood looks bad. i can say it both ways. i think it looks good and flows well, so you are entirely wrong to think it doesnt flow. what are you thinking cmon, it flows perfectly! saying it doesnt flow is like saying britney spears is brilliant, someone might believe it but its not true

if the hood fits on pre-HR, i would put in on for a replacement cause it looks better IMO
Old 02-11-2008, 04:07 PM
2007 Z

The way the DE guys argue about this reminds me of when Camaros went from the LT1 to the LS1. We all know which engine won there... Nobody is saying the DE is crap, at least I'm not anyway. But some of you can't see the forest because of the trees. Face the facts. The DE is the past and will soon dissappear. The HR is the future, for now.

Originally Posted by stylett9
i believe a major benifit that the HR does a quicker quarter mile is because of the extra 500 RPM's. I haven't experianced this for myself but i believe you can stay in 3rd gear up till the end of the quarter mile, but the previous models might have required you to shift to 4th. Again i dont know this is a fact, I just read somewhere that because of the extra high redline, alot less shifting is required in drag racing and autocross.
Um, no. 3rd gear is maxed out somewhere just under 100 mph in the HR. I've had to shift to 4th every single 1/4 run I've made.

BTW, I still like the new hood better and I wouldn't trade it for the old style. Nothing anyone says is going to sway my opinion on that matter.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:17 PM
T_K

Originally Posted by 2007-Z
The way the DE guys argue about this reminds me of when Camaros went from the LT1 to the LS1. We all know which engine won there... Nobody is saying the DE is crap, at least I'm not anyway. But some of you can't see the forest because of the trees. Face the facts. The DE is the past and will soon dissappear. The HR is the future, for now.

Um, no. 3rd gear is maxed out somewhere just under 100 mph in the HR. I've had to shift to 4th every single 1/4 run I've made.

BTW, I still like the new hood better and I wouldn't trade it for the old style. Nothing anyone says is going to sway my opinion on that matter.
3rd gear goes to ~106mph.

TK

Last edited by T_K; 02-11-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:21 PM
2007 Z

Originally Posted by T_K
3rd gear goes to 104mph.

TK
Not in mine it doesn't

even if it did (which it doesn't in mine) we'd still have to shift. Look at Veetec's traps... 107.xx mph... Gotta go to 4th for that.

Edit: I'm going to go out right now and max out 3rd gear and take a pic for you to see. If you have a HR and 3rd goes to 104, 106, w/e... then mine has different gears.

Last edited by 2007 Z; 02-11-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:26 PM
T_K

Corrected my post from 104 to 106, did the math out and its 106mph @ 7500 rpm. Plus indicated speed isn't actual speed either.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:27 PM
stylett9

Originally Posted by T_K
Corrected my post from 104 to 106, did the math out and its 106mph @ 7500 rpm.

yeah i was ganna say, because i specifically remembering my friend driving my 07(he has an 06) and he was amazed that i hit 105-106ish at the very top of 3rd... I would say i'd test it out later but i live in socal and it's ganna be traffic jam after work. lol

Quick Reply: VQ35DE vs VQ35HR