Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Recall + Shifter guide = problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:08 AM
crackhbob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recall + Shifter guide = problems

I posted a few times in the recall thread, but it's been a few weeks now.

I originally took my car in for a screw in the tire since I have their tire protection I figured I'd let them handle it. At the same time they told me there was a recall and would handle that at the same time. To make a long story short, they underestimated the amount of time the first day, broke the new slave cylinder the next day, and had to wait 3 days to get another one.
Finally got the car back and the shifter didn't feel right, I read later that it's a misaligned shifter guide but when I took it back down for their mechanic to look at, he agreed that it didn't feel the same as before but told me there was nothing he could do.

A few days later I was called by their service manager and asked if I was happy. Obviously I was not and explained why. He started pushing for me to bring the car in so they could look and I told him I was going to fix it myself and put my new nismo intake on at the same time. He then offered to take care of both for me once my intake came in (ordered online.)

About 2 weeks ago I give him a call, no answer, leave him a voicemail saying the parts are in and I'd like to schedule it whenever they can fit me in. A full week went by with no calls, then Monday was a holiday for most, busy yesterday, so I called today. Can't talk to the service manager, leave a message with some other service department guy explaining the whole story. Waiting on a call back, been an hour but I figure I'll give them 4 or 5.

What's my next step? I read all the time to call NNA and tell them the whole story but I'm not sure what that will accomplish.... Any other ideas, other than the obvious of finding another dealership?

Thanks for reading my mini-novel, lol

Edit: The one positive thing is, they did indeed fix the tire I originally took it in for!

Last edited by crackhbob; 02-20-2008 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:46 PM
malcolms

dealers sucks period.

I bought my 07 red 350z in nov. I went for a oil change, they put the wrong oil! yes sir..

dealer was *** Nissan in bronx ny
Old 02-20-2008, 07:33 PM
keioffice350z

Took mine in for the slave cylinder recall. Scheduled it for a monday morning, and didn't get the car back til noon the next day. I know it doesn't take over 12 man hours to get it changed, so there was no point in not honoring the scheduled maintenance time.

I got the car back, and it was idling funny. I popped the hood, and found that the stock intakes were loosened. Lucky the mechanics on duty that morning were friends of mine...I was pretty upset at the lack of attention to detail...especially regarding something as important and as obvious as that.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:48 AM
crackhbob

I guess a mod can just delete this thread, it's become worthless anyway.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:43 AM
DriveI65

Go to the dealer, find the Service Manager and talk to him. Phone calls can be ignored but when you have a customer standing in front of you that's a whole new game. If there still is no satisfaction then go to the General Manager. They report to the owner and really should care about customer satisfaction.