Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ He states "as long as you don't have an '07 " that means NO hr Z
Old 03-16-2008, 12:32 PM
Dave @ COBB
Sponsor
COBB Tuning

Originally Posted by joselito76
This is my question.+17 HP how that work,for example if I install a exhaust and from that I get 12 HP then after that ,I use stage 2
those 17 HP add to the 12 that I alredy had and would be a total of 29HP or
it would only add 5 more and bring the HP to 17.
I knew this question would come up and it is probably best if one of our more politically correct employees answer it. But they aren't here right now

First off, our numbers are from a high altitude Mustang dyno. Ask anyone, Mustangs are one of the toughest to show gains on. Add onto that, we are at almost 5000 ft altitude and you have a formula for low numbers. That said, we will be getting some sea level numbers to provide.

Now to the bad part... If you dynoed your car and it made 12 HP from an exhaust, that's great. And yes, the AP will give you better numbers, but it will not be 17 on top of your 12. Truth is, of all the cars we have dynoed, a cat-back has been very little gain (like 1-2 HP or even a loss of power) no matter what the brand. HFC's have made gains, but cat-back we have not seen any gains. Again, this could be due to the altitude, or maybe some other factor. As an example, one car came in with test pipes, cat-back, intake, intake manifold. This was an '05 and with all that, it made like 9 HP less than a stock '06. Of course the manufacturers of these parts would lead you to think it was making 350 at the crank. Simple fact is, it made very little gains over stock and was running dangerously lean. In cases like that, the AP will give you gains, but one of the biggest benefits will be the fact your motor won't frag itself in short order.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Good info. Just to clarify, the '06 "revups," are rated for a little more horsepower than '03-05Zs. My stock '06 along with another stock '06 dynoed higher than a few '03-05Zs with similar bolt-ons.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you guys expect an intake with proper tuning/software to show any gains?
Old 03-17-2008, 04:40 PM
toca07

my stillen for my 07 made 3whp but the responce is alot better. a few others have dyno the stillens and seen a few hp increase. least the stillens havent been tested to lose power yet like the fugitas
Old 03-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Stogge

Sorry to dig this thread up from its shallow grave (Especially being my first post and all), but I noticed that these findings were being posted as "Gospel" in other threads, so I felt obligated...

Being from a marketing background makes this post brilliant, but HARDLY un-biased... I say brilliant because while they are claiming that their intakes were posting no gains on the dyno (Pushing Believability), they are positioned favorably as they were the only one that did not Lose Hp in said testing... Therefore, while not being "Great" they are still the best... Call me Jaded, but until I see this same test done by an Un-biased party, I really can't see where it holds weight?

By trade, I am an analyst, and I will be the first to tell you that you can make numbers say whatever you want them to... Just my .02, just think that other companies are getting the short end of the stick based on a testing session, in which, the testers indeed had an agenda...

There are two kind of statistics, the kind you look up, and the kind you make up...
Old 03-27-2008, 07:14 PM
gambino

I understand what you are trying to say, but I know Cobb has way too good of a reputation to need to adjust numbers or make up statistics like that. I trust everything Cobb has to say, but it would be interesting to see another shop try these intakes side by side.