Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Clutch pedal click sound

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:16 PM
mcarlomagno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal click sound

Alright well I waited to post this until after I got the slave cylinder replaced but nothing changed.

Everytime I get out of 1st, or disengage the clutch while shifting, a click (sounds more like "TUP") sound occurs. This isn't that clutch sound some people were worried about when they first bought the car, this sound is coming from inside the cabin. It seriously started out of nowhere one day, and I cannot find out where it's coming from because it only happens when the car is moving, and I obviously can't stick my head down there while I'm driving. I'm taking it in Monday to get it checked out.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:25 PM
akito_24

Hey man, I just got my slave fixed too, and have a similar noise which on my case is more like a rattle, it gets very annoying when driving with the windows up
Old 05-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Hoooper

i get a clicking type sound too. i know that its coming from the clutch pedal and is caused by the spring isolators being broken/missing, so when i press the clutch in the spring rotates in the pedal assembly and clicks from the friction. i would say you should press on the pedal while looking up into the clutch pedal assembly and see if you notice anything strange
Old 05-09-2008, 04:29 PM
mcarlomagno

Originally Posted by Hoooper
i get a clicking type sound too. i know that its coming from the clutch pedal and is caused by the spring isolators being broken/missing, so when i press the clutch in the spring rotates in the pedal assembly and clicks from the friction. i would say you should press on the pedal while looking up into the clutch pedal assembly and see if you notice anything strange
yeah i just poked around the other day, but i didn't bring a flash light down with me. i'll investigate it more this weekend and let you guys know if i've find anything. it's pretty tight down there.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:44 AM
TCO

i have the same problem ... next week nissan has the chance to solve it ...

greez from austria
thomas
Old 05-10-2008, 04:04 PM
krnzzang84

i get clicking sound too,, but not nismo!!
Old 05-10-2008, 05:03 PM
mcarlomagno

I don't think any of us have nismos. But you're an '03? I think your way out of your warranty period.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Juicehead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Add me to the list, mine was actually making the noise before the slave cylinder replacement
Old 05-11-2008, 08:47 AM
mcarlomagno

Originally Posted by Juicehead
Add me to the list, mine was actually making the noise before the slave cylinder replacement
mine as well. i'm about to just tell the dealership to replace the whole clutch assembly.

i took a look down there yesterday and couldn't find out where the sound was coming from. the problem, again, is that it only happens when i'm actually driving. i can hear a faint version of the click when i just press in the clutch, but it's not loud enough to find out what part is clicking. i'll investigate it more, but i have an appointment with the dealership first thing monday morning. hopefully i get some good news out of it.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:07 PM
itsjiggajames

is it a slight click? if so its probally just the button that depresses so you can start your car. Look at your clutch pedal and depress it and you'll see it presses a button near the end... this is so you can start your motor
Old 05-11-2008, 10:55 PM
J-ROZ33

I have the same problem! started after they replaced the slave cylinder. keep up posted ^_^
Old 05-12-2008, 10:25 AM
mcarlomagno

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
is it a slight click? if so its probally just the button that depresses so you can start your car. Look at your clutch pedal and depress it and you'll see it presses a button near the end... this is so you can start your motor

No, I know the button you're talking about. This is a serious click sound, more like a pop/click.

Anyway, just got off the phone with the dealership. They've ordered a new master cylinder and clutch pedal assembly for me. Should be in next week - I'll let you guys know how this goes after this installation.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Zacreth
Z Rocker
Premier Member

Hmm...I have an '08 and noticed the clicking sound maybe a couple of months ago. It's both the clutch pedal depressed ever so lightly and the brake pedal. Nothing bad i assume but it's definitely noticeable with the windows up.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:59 AM
Specv_USMC

also have the click. Slave has been done and ive been leaking clutch fuid ever since. It gets to go back one last time... its not mine no more at that point. No fluid on the ground however, so guys check your clutch fluid. It leaks real slow, then after about 2kmiles on the recall work it started leaking a whole resevoir every two days.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Its such an annoying sound i hate it. Im taking mine in on weds night.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:46 PM
fairlady rasir

yea had the same "popping" sound after recall. didnt bother me at first but after reading this, im gonna take it to the dealer to get it checked out. it comes and goes so idk whats causing it....
Old 05-13-2008, 08:43 PM
mcarlomagno

Originally Posted by fairlady rasir
yea had the same "popping" sound after recall. didnt bother me at first but after reading this, im gonna take it to the dealer to get it checked out. it comes and goes so idk whats causing it....
it'll do that, then come permanently. that's what i thought when it first started. now it's every shift.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Gizmo0803

i have the same problem! if anyone finds out what the problem is, please let us know...it really is annoying as hell.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:32 PM
mcarlomagno

This just in:

My car is now making a clinking, loose metal piece, sound that seems to be around the middle of the cabin. Might be something loose in the transmission (great).

Looks like I'll have another thing for the dealership to check out.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:20 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are talking about a problem that is normal. The clicking noise. It has done it on all the 350z years. Get use to it.

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal click sound