VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Berk HFC's installed I have a ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 04:03 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Berk_Technology
Solo - Good info there. So were you getting a lean spike during transient thorttle situtations under very high load?

From what you guys are saying, this only happens in higher gears @ low RPM (high load).

I haven't received my graph yet from UPREV, but he said I was running pretty lean due to the cats now.

Taking off in 1st it happened to me a lot because of the load and the gear. They even had it happen to them on the dyno engaging first.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:04 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by SoCal Piliguy
Agree with you 100%. I have the Berk HFC's on my 07 G35S sedan. I've experienced the same hesitation, sputtering and lack of power below 3k rpms since day one. Performance issues still present after a TS reflash. I am seriously considering running my stock cats. There was another member on the G35Driver boards that had the same issue. Evidently he went back to stock cats which remedied the problem.
If you can get yours custom tuned not just a flash from TS, that would fix your problem. You just need to get your A/F adjusted.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:04 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by SoCal Piliguy
What specific details do you need. I'm willing to help figure out the fix for this issues. Perhaps you would also need input from the tuners as well. Hence TS would have to be involved also. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

I don't believe they will be able to fix their problem with the cats. It's just the way the car reacts to HFCs or Test Pipes.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:06 AM
SoCal Piliguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
If you can get yours custom tuned not just a flash from TS, that would fix your problem. You just need to get your A/F adjusted.

TS actually custom tuned the car. A/F was adjusted as it was seriously running lean.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:20 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Then you shouldn't be having the issue. Strange. What is your A/F on the graph? Around 12.5-13.5?
Old 02-17-2009, 10:49 AM
BADASSTT

Does this go for me too? How do I go about getting a custom tune? If I would have known the HFC's do this I would have not bought them. I wonder if there are others having this issue running HFC's or TP's?
Old 02-17-2009, 11:52 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by BADASSTT
Does this go for me too? How do I go about getting a custom tune? If I would have known the HFC's do this I would have not bought them. I wonder if there are others having this issue running HFC's or TP's?

Yea I had no idea either till I got them. Now that we mention the problem it seems others have it too. LOL!

It would be worse with TP's.

Many tuners here can tune your car. You can find a tuner in your area that does UPREV or Technosquare and have it custom tuned on the dyno to fix your A/F that should solve the problem. But someone here said their Technosquare didn't so maybe UPREV is better in this area as it is adjusting the stock ECU itself and not a piggyback.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:50 PM
Sergio8A

will i have any problems in the long run for the car runnin LEAN?
Old 02-17-2009, 02:04 PM
BADASSTT

Yea I had no idea either till I got them. Now that we mention the problem it seems others have it too. LOL!

It would be worse with TP's.

Many tuners here can tune your car. You can find a tuner in your area that does UPREV or Technosquare and have it custom tuned on the dyno to fix your A/F that should solve the problem. But someone here said their Technosquare didn't so maybe UPREV is better in this area as it is adjusting the stock ECU itself and not a piggyback.
Well I guess I'll have to go for the UPREV. Damm more money down the drain. I was going to stop for a while on my HR because, I have a 1982 280zx Turbo
that I just completed restoring and upgrading and that pretty much sucked me bone dry.But I gotta do what I gotta do it's just going to have to wait.The wife is going to have a **** fit.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:49 AM
BADASSTT

Car is running good now Problem has resolved on it's own.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:28 PM
SoCal Piliguy

WHAT are you serious?

You didn't do anything to fix the problem?

Congratulations! I've been suffering since I installed the HFC's.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Sergio8A

how
Old 02-21-2009, 08:43 PM
JasonLee07

I have the Berk HFC's and I'm also experiencing the hesitation problem. I was going to get the TS reflash in hopes that it would fix the problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm not sure where I can get a custom tune in my area (Pittsburgh, PA). Are there any other options?
Old 02-21-2009, 09:11 PM
singh

I only had the car hesitate on me once out of the entire 8 months that I have owned Berk HFCs..

Well if I recall Berk have upgraded their HFCs..i believe they increased their diameter to 2.5" now..

I have the 2.25" HFCs and I have no hesitation problems. I know this may make no sense but maybe it's the 2.5" diameter on the new HFCs that may be the cause..
Old 02-22-2009, 05:08 AM
SoCal Piliguy

Originally Posted by JasonLee07
I have the Berk HFC's and I'm also experiencing the hesitation problem. I was going to get the TS reflash in hopes that it would fix the problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm not sure where I can get a custom tune in my area (Pittsburgh, PA). Are there any other options?
FYI... Technosquare was unable to remedy the problem even with a custom tune. My plan is to install my stock cats back on unless someone figures out a fix soon.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:28 AM
BADASSTT

Originally Posted by Sergio8A
how
Dont know? Just drove the car and like 2 weeks later it was gone.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:29 AM
BADASSTT

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
I only had the car hesitate on me once out of the entire 8 months that I have owned Berk HFCs..

Well if I recall Berk have upgraded their HFCs..i believe they increased their diameter to 2.5" now..

I have the 2.25" HFCs and I have no hesitation problems. I know this may make no sense but maybe it's the 2.5" diameter on the new HFCs that may be the cause..
Yeah, I have the new 2.25 HFC's.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:37 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Berk_Technology
Solo - Good info there. So were you getting a lean spike during transient thorttle situtations under very high load?

From what you guys are saying, this only happens in higher gears @ low RPM (high load).
I honestly dont notice it in 1st or 2nd because they go by so fast. But 3rd gear like I said before, around 2k and do a stomp and mine was pretty bad. I never resseted my ecu because I was told it would learn on its own and wasnt required. Dunno if thats the case
Old 02-22-2009, 09:55 AM
quidproquo
Need a Tune!!!

I don't have the Berk HFCs, but I get this sputtering also. Has anyone noticed their limited "slip" light on the dash fluttering on and off at the same time?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:26 PM
BADASSTT

Originally Posted by quidproquo
I don't have the Berk HFCs, but I get this sputtering also. Has anyone noticed their limited "slip" light on the dash fluttering on and off at the same time?
It' suppose to do that when your VDC kicks on.

Quick Reply: Berk HFC's installed I have a ?