Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Berk HFC's installed I have a ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 11:34 AM
BADASSTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Berk HFC's installed I have a ?

I just had my Berk HFC's put on last week. The sound is amazing and I did notice a nice power difference. My problem is on 5th or 6th gear while cruising under 3k rpm I go WOT I feel the car kinda sputter/hiccup. It doesn’t do it all the time but is this normal? I don’t have any cel issue's The shop that put the cats in said that my computer would need to be flashed for the 02 sensors???Anyone know if this is correct? Please Help.

Thanks
Raul
Old 02-15-2009, 11:58 AM
FastZ33

my friend that is the bog that we alll have problems with

try the non fouler fix from krammy
Old 02-15-2009, 12:36 PM
BADASSTT

Originally Posted by FastZ33

Well that sucks. I never had any of these issues before. Do you have a link to this non fouler fix from krammy and did it have any result? I tought the issue that everyone was having was "sputtering during warm up". So reflashing the computer so that the o2 sensors can recognize HFC'S wont work? What does'nt make sense is that I dont have Test Pipes.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:59 PM
BADASSTT

Originally Posted by FastZ33

okay I found the thread your talking about. But I have no CEL light issue's and I have the new 2009 updated Berk HFC's. I just have that minor bog on 5th or 6th gear at WOT.

https://my350z.com/forum/vq35hr/4023...ouler-fix.html
Old 02-15-2009, 02:23 PM
BADASSTT

Wow is there anyone else here that can help me out with this?
Old 02-15-2009, 03:27 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BADASSTT
I just had my Berk HFC's put on last week. The sound is amazing and I did notice a nice power difference. My problem is on 5th or 6th gear while cruising under 3k rpm I go WOT I feel the car kinda sputter/hiccup. It doesn’t do it all the time but is this normal? I don’t have any cel issue's The shop that put the cats in said that my computer would need to be flashed for the 02 sensors???Anyone know if this is correct? Please Help.

Thanks
Raul
Mine was doing this till I had UPREV fix my tune. The car was running extremely lean with them and that was why I had the hesitation. Probably same reason you are having the problem.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:40 PM
BADASSTT

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Mine was doing this till I had UPREV fix my tune. The car was running extremely lean with them and that was why I had the hesitation. Probably same reason you are having the problem.
Sounds about right. Thanks
Old 02-15-2009, 10:15 PM
kramykram

that sucks. i dont even run the nonfouler fix. i just stuffed the built in berks with a little bit of fluff and no problems, no sputtering, no bog, not a single problem.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:23 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Kram you have no bog at all? I dont see how you fix can fix a lean misfire. Try this if you can go somewhere safe and put it in 3rd at like 2k. Stomp the gas like holly hell. Not 60 percent, but i mean all the way down. Thats the most noticible time ive experienced it.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:55 AM
BADASSTT

I got hooked up with a mod friendly dealer. They are going to flash the ECU. Should I go with a reflash to fix this lean condition?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:43 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

how much are they charging? are they reflashing it for performance? Sounds cool if they deliver, wish I had a dealer near me like that.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:51 PM
kramykram

i can stomp it no problems lol i do it all the time. my boy whose car i put my test pipes on has no problems either. he does not have any bog either. so im not sure what is going on with everyone else.

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
Kram you have no bog at all? I dont see how you fix can fix a lean misfire. Try this if you can go somewhere safe and put it in 3rd at like 2k. Stomp the gas like holly hell. Not 60 percent, but i mean all the way down. Thats the most noticible time ive experienced it.
i have tried numerous things when i was testing out getting the brillo filling right. it did bog a few times when i had a cel. but once the cel quit coming on i had no more problems.

Last edited by kramykram; 02-16-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:47 PM
BADASSTT

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
how much are they charging? are they reflashing it for performance? Sounds cool if they deliver, wish I had a dealer near me like that.
20 Bucks
Old 02-16-2009, 05:23 PM
Berk_Technology
Banned

You do not need a reflash in order to run with TP's or HFC's. The ECU will adapt to the new learned fuel trim value over time. A reflash would help and would optimize the ECU fuel/timing to the HFC's, but it's not absolutely neccesarry.

The secondary O2 sensors do not have any effect on the performance of the car. Even if you smashed them and reinserted them into the BERK HFC's, there would be no performance difference. The secondary O2 sensors are soley there for catalyst efficiency monitoring, that is it.

Can you give us some more details on the conditions when it happens? And anyone else here who has the same type of symptoms? Let's all see if we can solve this together.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:53 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Berk_Technology
You do not need a reflash in order to run with TP's or HFC's. The ECU will adapt to the new learned fuel trim value over time. A reflash would help and would optimize the ECU fuel/timing to the HFC's, but it's not absolutely neccesarry.

The secondary O2 sensors do not have any effect on the performance of the car. Even if you smashed them and reinserted them into the BERK HFC's, there would be no performance difference. The secondary O2 sensors are soley there for catalyst efficiency monitoring, that is it.

Can you give us some more details on the conditions when it happens? And anyone else here who has the same type of symptoms? Let's all see if we can solve this together.

Hmm not true. The ECU will not adjust for the A/F that the HFCs knock off. My car had the HFCs on it for over 2000 miles and still did not learn it. Now with the tune adjusted, it's perfect again. You can get around without a tune or with one not being adjusted, but the car will act like this till it gets a tune. And my car had a perfect A/F before the cats. It went lean 14s with them.

The car loses power when at low rpms and you are putting load on it. Like he said, 3rd gear, 1200 rpms or so, floor it, it will has some type of coughing, hesitation, loss of power, then it will go.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 02-16-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:06 PM
BADASSTT

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Hmm not true. The ECU will not adjust for the A/F that the HFCs knock off. My car had the HFCs on it for over 2000 miles and still did not learn it. Now with the tune adjusted, it's perfect again. You can get around without a tune or with one not being adjusted, but the car will act like this till it gets a tune. And my car had a perfect A/F before the cats. It went lean 14s with them.

The car loses power when at low rpms and you are putting load on it. Like he said, 3rd gear, 1200 rpms or so, floor it, it will has some type of coughing, hesitation, loss of power, then it will go.
+1 agreed
Old 02-16-2009, 07:47 PM
kramykram

lol well im kinda lost as to why, the problems are not happening to us over here in mississippi
Old 02-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Berk_Technology
Banned

Solo - Good info there. So were you getting a lean spike during transient thorttle situtations under very high load?

From what you guys are saying, this only happens in higher gears @ low RPM (high load).
Old 02-16-2009, 07:58 PM
SoCal Piliguy

Originally Posted by BADASSTT
+1 agreed

Agree with you 100%. I have the Berk HFC's on my 07 G35S sedan. I've experienced the same hesitation, sputtering and lack of power below 3k rpms since day one. Performance issues still present after a TS reflash. I am seriously considering running my stock cats. There was another member on the G35Driver boards that had the same issue. Evidently he went back to stock cats which remedied the problem.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:22 PM
SoCal Piliguy

Originally Posted by Berk_Technology

What specific details do you need. I'm willing to help figure out the fix for this issues. Perhaps you would also need input from the tuners as well. Hence TS would have to be involved also. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Berk HFC's installed I have a ?