Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

08 clutch slave victory

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 01:35 PM
project2501

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 08 clutch slave victory

New member/owner here. (2008 350z 37k miles)

I searched but never found a thread with a definitive answer whether or not Nissan would cover CSC faults under powertrain warranty.

After a couple months of ownership I find my clutch engagement point 1/2 inch off the firewall instead of near the top of the travel range as usual. I check the master cyl to find it completely empty, I had an oil change at Nissan 2 weeks prior and the clutch fluid was checked on my paperwork, not noted low or anything. Upon inspection of the master cyl I did not find any leaks.

I filled the master cyl back up and promptly brought the Z to my local Nissan dealership to try to get it fixed. They checked everything and called me back requesting to authorize a $500 charge to drop the transmission and check the CSC as they did not find any issues anywhere else, and then claimed the CSC would not be covered under warranty.

Since I know everyone will ask.. my 3yr/36k mile warranty has expired, but im still covered by the powertrain warranty.

After speaking to the dealership manager I got nowhere, then called Nissan consumer affairs at 800 nissan1 and explained how this is a common fault and should be repaired for me at no charge, and it should be covered under the powertrain warranty. After a few days I received a call from the dealership where they stated that the repair would be covered as a "goodwill repair".

Anyways just wanted to share this with the community, that it IS possible to get Nissan to address this issue, after enough calling and complaining.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:46 PM
K51

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done. This issue is one of the reasons I purchased Nissan's extended warranty (7 years/120K miles), because I surely expect my '08 CSC to fail before that limit. I've already recovered 1/2 the cost of the warranty with window motor replacements, so when the CSC fails, I'll be even. Good for you on getting yours repaired for free, though. Persistence and good manners often pay off in the end. FWIW, my '08 has 52K miles, and no problems, yet, with the CSC.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

lol i went through hell with mine, they didnt wana cover ****, oh well now i have a HD slave as well as the wilwood master, im never dropping that stupid transmission again for a stupid plastic OEM slave cylinder. Just get ready to have to replace it again in another 30-40k miles...

ughh nissan can really screw stuff up sometimes lol...
Old 04-19-2013, 05:54 AM
Deteria

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's great and all, but you still did it wrong. The replacement plastic ones Nissan uses will still break over time. There is a CSC thread some people have had theirs fail many times. It's more likely to fail if you upgraded your clutch or flywheel. You should have bought the Upgraded CSC from like ZSpeed or w/e. Do some searching on this site.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:08 AM
nismofreak1208

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nissan replaced mine without any fuss. Its still the same CSC though so I know its gonna fail again in about 10xxx miles. I went with an ATS Carbon with CSC delete for my Z. Not yet installed though as i'm still waiting for boost.