Notices
VQ35HR Mods and Support related to the 2007/08 High Revving VQ

Car shuts down on reverse and on stop

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Angel55

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by caren350z
hey I just want to know did you find out what was wrong with your 350z mine is doing the same but mine shuts off non stop

I havent figured out rhe real problem. However I've heard that it might be the head gasket. Idk yet since I don't have the money to fix it
Old 10-04-2017, 04:36 PM
Tomek350Z

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Angel55
I havent figured out rhe real problem. However I've heard that it might be the head gasket. Idk yet since I don't have the money to fix it
it is definitely not the headgasket. The symptoms do not match. It that was the case, the coolant overflow resvoir would be low and misfires/ overheating would be a concern.

Are there any more symptoms that you can describe? Also the A/C does not seem like the root cause. separate system.

Is it consist in Reverse? like everytime you shift into reverse? only on cold starts? car warmed up?
Old 10-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Angel55

Originally Posted by Tomek350Z
it is definitely not the headgasket. The symptoms do not match. It that was the case, the coolant overflow resvoir would be low and misfires/ overheating would be a concern.

Are there any more symptoms that you can describe? Also the A/C does not seem like the root cause. separate system.

Is it consist in Reverse? like everytime you shift into reverse? only on cold starts? car warmed up?
the thing is when I got my spark plugs replaced domes of the old plugs were clogged with oil inside. That's why I thought it maybe the head gasket.

i did however have an AC issue where I had to replace the entire radiator and the pipe connected from the radiator to the engine.

what about you?
Old 10-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Tomek350Z

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Angel55
the thing is when I got my spark plugs replaced domes of the old plugs were clogged with oil inside. That's why I thought it maybe the head gasket.

i did however have an AC issue where I had to replace the entire radiator and the pipe connected from the radiator to the engine.

what about you?

If that is the case, the oil would be coming due to valve cover to spark plug tube seals being bad.

the radiator and A/C system do not share anything in common either. They are separate sealed systems. The A/C system has a condenser, which may look like a radiator or common hear exchanger, but chances are, they did not replace the radiator, more likely the condenser.

I would suggest taking the vehicle to a dealer, I believe earlier in the thread you said you scanned the vehicle and no codes were present correct?
Old 10-05-2017, 11:16 AM
Angel55

Originally Posted by Tomek350Z
If that is the case, the oil would be coming due to valve cover to spark plug tube seals being bad.

the radiator and A/C system do not share anything in common either. They are separate sealed systems. The A/C system has a condenser, which may look like a radiator or common hear exchanger, but chances are, they did not replace the radiator, more likely the condenser.

I would suggest taking the vehicle to a dealer, I believe earlier in the thread you said you scanned the vehicle and no codes were present correct?
i had to buy the radiator not the condenser and that was what I replaced to fix my AC.

As far as codes nothing.