Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

bridgestone potenza nationally backordered!!?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 03:45 PM
hypeiv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bridgestone potenza nationally backordered!!?!

When I bought my 04 Z the dealer wanted to sell me a warranty for my tires that cost $200 (didn’t cover normal wear just road hazards) but I refused but since he got so much commission on that warranty he dropped the price I agreed to pay for the car by $200 and sold me the warranty for $200. So I basically got it for free. And man I am so glad I did.

Today I noticed a huge chunk of tread missing on the outer portion of my tire and I took it to a firestone dealer b/c I assumed they could make a claim on that warranty for me. They said they could b/c it was obviously not a curb or normal wear and is most likely due to a road hazard, but didn’t have the tire in stock. They checked the computer to see if they could find one for me but when they called the distribution center they said it was on national backorder.

The owner of the shop is going to go around to some places he knows tomorrow and see if he can find one for me. Anyone have any trouble like this getting the tires?

Also these tires are $230 each!! Any recommended tries I should switch to when it comes time to changing them?
Old 12-17-2004, 04:14 PM
n8vz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BridgeSonte Pole Position S-3

I have them on my Z now to replace the POS RE-40's