Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Cleaning Volks!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 07:33 AM
noodleman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Get either Zaino Z-6 or Wheelwax. I know either of those 2 are safe for sure and work great. I have been too lazy to use Z-2 on my volks... I wonder if it would make a huge difference?
I wondering if z-2/z-5 is safe for the lip...reading all the discolouration horror stories in the detailing threads makes me wonder...I want to zaino them to make keeping them clean a little be easier....
Old 02-21-2006, 07:46 AM
nkohler

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ive used zaino on my GT-C lips and had no repercussions.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:54 PM
VQpoweredZ

I know this is bumping an ancient thread but I thought it was relevant to what I'm asking. The search button brings back ridiculous old threads.

After having my 2pc. Volk GTS' for a few weeks now, i've found it a bit harder to get the wheels completely dry. I've gotten input from other GTS owners and done what they have suggested. I washed the wheels, dried the wheels as best I could, and also dried the inner barrels.

It looked as though everything was completely dry and spot free. I drove the car to the gas station and I get out and realize there are still water/dirt spots on the wheels. (i'm guessing the water was hidden between the lip and the face of the wheel and the lug seats).

My new plan is drying lips and inner barrels as best I can. Then hitting the wheel with a leaf blower to get all the water out so that the lips won't get dirty when I drive the car around.

Electric leaf blower in question...
http://www.chemicalguys.com/ProductD...5F303&CartID=1

Any input?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:19 PM
moforeynolds

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oooold thread, but at least you have a legitimate bump

I don't know what all this leaf blower business is about. I just use a can of compressed air, like what you would use to clean dust out of your computer keyboard. Works great. Otherwise I just drive around for a little after washing, and wipe down when I stop.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:33 PM
VQpoweredZ

Originally Posted by moforeynolds
oooold thread, but at least you have a legitimate bump

I don't know what all this leaf blower business is about. I just use a can of compressed air, like what you would use to clean dust out of your computer keyboard. Works great. Otherwise I just drive around for a little after washing, and wipe down when I stop.
Nice, compressed air seems like another great option before I take the leap and buy the electric blower. I'm going to grab some cans of compressed air after work tomorrow.