Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Nismo LMGT4 Close Ups (56k Warning!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 08:19 PM
NzZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo LMGT4 Close Ups (56k Warning!!!)

I tried everywhere to find some nice close ups of the LMGT4s, where I could appreciate the detail and make out the polished lip. After being unable to find some, decided to make my own.

I have more if anyone is interested!

NzZ
Old 02-04-2005, 10:05 PM
axxizzer

I freaking love those wheels

excellent choice, take good care of them!
Old 02-05-2005, 09:08 AM
NzZ

Default Thanks

Thanks man, I love them too. Gonna wait until I finish off my tires on the OEM rims before slapping on the LMGT4s but I got a great deal. Here's another shot that shows the slight concavity of the
rear rims (something I had never really noticed until they were in my hands).

NzZ
Old 02-05-2005, 11:00 AM
GaryM05

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice wheels! How big is the lip on those rears? Could you post a traditional 'dollar bill' pic of the lips to show us how deep they are? Thanks!

Last edited by GaryM05; 02-05-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:04 AM
tylerdurden

Originally posted by GaryM05
Nice wheels! How big is the lip on those rears? Could you post a traditional 'dollar bill' pic of the lips to show us how deep they are? Thanks!
They do not have a big lip.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:13 PM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those look familiar.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:45 PM
NzZ

Originally posted by GaryM05
The Nismos don't really have a lip. You couldn't even fit a quarter. I like lips, but if I was gonna buy wheels with lips I'd have to buy 19s or 20s...and the cost/ride quality/performance loss wasn't something I was willing to deal with. The nismos do have the concave rear rim, which IMO looks pretty nice.

John - It says on your page that they're on order...if so, just wait until you get to hold them! They're so beautiful you won't want to put 'em on!

NzZ
Old 02-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

The Nismo wheel is a one piece wheel therefore does not have too much of a lip. The rear wheel is the only sign of any kind lip but the offset and size is best recommended for the Z's. +25 in the front and +30 in the rear. Also people with TPS's equipped on their Z's will want to go with a one piece wheel if they still want their TPS to function.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:26 AM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

Andy.....

you say +25 and +30 is the recomended offsets....do the rear 18" 9.5" LMGT4s come in a +25 offset instead of the typical +30. I found a Nissan Dealership online that lists a set of rear 18" with a +25 instead of the +30. Is there much differemce between the two if they exist?
Old 02-06-2005, 06:51 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Those are hot. Can't wait to get mine installed.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:28 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i'd buy them but only if the rears weren't concave like that - can't stand the rears looking different from the front.

Wish nismo would come out with a 10.5 wheel with a healthy offset instead of that +15.

I'm not really into big lips, they serve no purpose except crowding your brake pistons and rotors so they can't release heat as fast
Old 02-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by HarvesterUT
Andy.....

you say +25 and +30 is the recomended offsets....do the rear 18" 9.5" LMGT4s come in a +25 offset instead of the typical +30. I found a Nissan Dealership online that lists a set of rear 18" with a +25 instead of the +30. Is there much differemce between the two if they exist?
There are different offsets available but I will have to check the Nismo catalogue on Monday. Typically if you ordered a LMGT4 with different offsets, it will take longer to recieve. Im not exactly sure if there is a 18x9.5 +25 offset that Nismo offers but I will look into it for you on Monday.

Sentry65- I believe Ive seen Nismo wheels in 18x10.5 +15 offset but I think the bolt pattern I saw was for a 5x100. I will look into that as well. I just dont have any of the info with me being that I am at home and all my resources are at the office but be sure Ill get back to you guys tomorrow.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:33 AM
ZPirate

Originally posted by Andy@Performance
There are different offsets available but I will have to check the Nismo catalogue on Monday. Typically if you ordered a LMGT4 with different offsets, it will take longer to recieve. Im not exactly sure if there is a 18x9.5 +25 offset that Nismo offers but I will look into it for you on Monday.

Sentry65- I believe Ive seen Nismo wheels in 18x10.5 +15 offset but I think the bolt pattern I saw was for a 5x100. I will look into that as well. I just dont have any of the info with me being that I am at home and all my resources are at the office but be sure Ill get back to you guys tomorrow.
Andy,

What kind of tires do you recommend for the Nismo wheels? The two most important attributes that I am looking for are dry traction (don't drive the car in the rain) and treadware. I want the tire to last at least 15,000 miles.
Old 02-06-2005, 11:54 AM
sentry65
the burninator

yeah i know they make a 10.5 nismo wheel with a 15 offset

that isn't much of an offset though. I want a 30mm offset. I don't want my wheels lookin all "pimp yo"

even if you want them, they're harder to get than normal
Old 02-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally posted by ZPirate
Andy,

What kind of tires do you recommend for the Nismo wheels? The two most important attributes that I am looking for are dry traction (don't drive the car in the rain) and treadware. I want the tire to last at least 15,000 miles.
There are a lot of different tires that are available but I must warn you, if youre car is lowered or youre planning to lower it, the tire life will not last more than 15,000 miles. High performance tires for dry use tend to have a low life span especially when your car is lowered and when the car is driven hard. I dont know how many Z's Ive seen come in into our dealership with tires that have been worn out before 10,000 miles but it has been quite a few. With that being said, I would recommend going with Bridgestone S03 Pole Positions. Bridgestone's F1 technology for Formula 1 cars was the inspiration towards the S03 for street use and it was designed with the mind set of keeping comfort and wear to its highest expectations. We do offer a wheel and tire package for the LMGT4 and S03's. Of course the recommended tire sizes for the LMGT4 is 245/40/18 and 275/40/18. As of right now we cannot get Toyo T1S's but can get just about any other tire youre looking for, here are some other tires we offer that will also be a good choice to go with:

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD - Excellent tires for traction

Continental ContiSportContact 2 - Great tires for dry/wet conditions and enhances braking and handling

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 - Also a great tire for dry and wet conditions, youll find these tires come stock on a lot of the European supercars and just a tad bit more on the quiet side compared to the S03's.

Yokohama AVS Sports - Yokohamas flag ship tires. I have these tires on my car and I absolutely love them. These tires were used for a lot of the cars that ran the 24 hours of Daytona this year. Cornering, comfort, noise, and longevity is excellent, I have about 8,000 miles on mine with plenty of tread left, but then again my car isnt lowered anymore!
Old 02-06-2005, 04:38 PM
ZPirate

There are a lot of different tires that are available but I must warn you, if youre car is lowered or youre planning to lower it, the tire life will not last more than 15,000 miles. High performance tires for dry use tend to have a low life span especially when your car is lowered and when the car is driven hard. I dont know how many Z's Ive seen come in into our dealership with tires that have been worn out before 10,000 miles but it has been quite a few. With that being said, I would recommend going with Bridgestone S03 Pole Positions. Bridgestone's F1 technology for Formula 1 cars was the inspiration towards the S03 for street use and it was designed with the mind set of keeping comfort and wear to its highest expectations. We do offer a wheel and tire package for the LMGT4 and S03's. Of course the recommended tire sizes for the LMGT4 is 245/40/18 and 275/40/18. As of right now we cannot get Toyo T1S's but can get just about any other tire youre looking for, here are some other tires we offer that will also be a good choice to go with:

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD - Excellent tires for traction

Continental ContiSportContact 2 - Great tires for dry/wet conditions and enhances braking and handling

Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 - Also a great tire for dry and wet conditions, youll find these tires come stock on a lot of the European supercars and just a tad bit more on the quiet side compared to the S03's.

Yokohama AVS Sports - Yokohamas flag ship tires. I have these tires on my car and I absolutely love them. These tires were used for a lot of the cars that ran the 24 hours of Daytona this year. Cornering, comfort, noise, and longevity is excellent, I have about 8,000 miles on mine with plenty of tread left, but then again my car isnt lowered anymore!
Andy,

Thanks for the info. I have the S-Tune suspension on my car so I am concerned how that interacts with tire wear. Also can you get the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2s to fit the rear Nismo wheels (275/40)? I didn't think Michelin made that size tire in the PS2s but that they made them to fit the front (245/40).
Old 02-06-2005, 05:20 PM
lowrider

Hope you can read this. Went to the Michelin site and downloaded the PDF file specs for the PS2 tire. I converted it to a lowlevel JPG so I could attach it to this post. Bottom Line - N/A in the 275/40/18 size.

Well I thought I would attached it, but still can't attach photo's????

Go Here:

http://www.michelinman.com/catalog/t...etype=3&tire=1

Lou

Last edited by lowrider; 02-06-2005 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:55 PM
Tekwon-V

Also people with TPS's equipped on their Z's will want to go with a one piece wheel if they still want their TPS to function.
wait, so the nismo wheels are TPS compatible?

what about the 19inch nismo wheels?
Old 02-06-2005, 07:28 PM
ChinaClipper

Thumbs up Nismo wheels are great!

The Nismo LM GT4 wheels are great! Attrractive yet lightweight for a street wheel.

I agree with you that the concave spokes of the rear wheels is distracting - it would be more attractive if the rear wheel spokes matched the front wheels with the same planar spoke arrangement.

I also appreciate that the Nismo wheels are fully TPS compatible.

I found the plain Nismo centercaps boring, so I dressed them up with some carbon fiber and a Z logo.
See : https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=94953
Old 02-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Oops, I totally forgot the PS2's werent made in the 275/40's. As far as tire wear with the S Tune suspension, I cant lie about it, lowering your car with any suspension will probably wear out your tire faster than keeping it at the stock stance but then again you if you have the feathering issues its the same thing. The S Tune suspension lowers your car 20mm per corner which is about .78 inches which isnt too bad, the lower your car is the more negative camber you will have which equals to more uneven tire wear, to fix this problem as much as possible you will need to get upper control arms for the front and toe arms for the rear but the tire wear shouldnt be too abnormal with the S Tune setup. The Nismo wheels are TPS compatible, in fact, any single piece wheel will be compatible with the TPS.

Quick Reply: Nismo LMGT4 Close Ups (56k Warning!!!)