Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

How Much do the Stock Wheels Weigh?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Z-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How Much do the Stock Wheels Weigh?

You'd think that a forum search would help me find the info - but no luck. I've tried and tried.

Can somebody tell me what my Enthusiast 17" stock wheels weigh? I just put a big brake kit on, and I can really feel the difference in the additional weight. I'm considering lighter wheels to make up for the heavier brakes.

Also, what are the weights of some of the most popular aftermarket wheels for the Z?
Old 03-13-2005, 07:28 AM
Z-Z

No one knows??
Old 03-13-2005, 07:50 AM
all bs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock wheels with tires - 18's from touring

Front 58
Rear 61

That's using my digital bathroom scale
Old 03-13-2005, 10:11 AM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

i think ive read the OEM 17" weigh around 26-27 each. aftermarket wheels can weigh less or more dpending on the size and manufacturing method. Forged wheels will usually weigh less and cast wheels will usually be around OEM weights. the Nismo LMGT4s are forged 1 piece and weigh around 19lbs each (18") and around 21lbs for the 19".

the bottom line is usually performance vs. looks. if you want performance go with a 17" or 18" forged wheel. if you want mostly looks, go with a 19"+ wheel with wiiide tires.

Last edited by HarvesterUT; 03-13-2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:32 AM
all bs

Originally Posted by HarvesterUT
i think ive read the OEM 17" weigh around 26-27 each. aftermarket wheels can weigh less or more dpending on the size and manufacturing method. Forged wheels will usually weigh less and cast wheels will usually be around OEM weights. the Nismo LMGT4s are forged 1 piece and weigh around 19lbs each (18") and around 21lbs for the 19".

the bottom line is usually performance vs. looks. if you want performance go with a 17" or 18" forged wheel. if you want mostly looks, go with a 19"+ wheel with wiiide tires.
Looks is what I went with Actual weight of my new wheels and tires = my stock one by one pound
Attached Thumbnails How Much do the Stock Wheels Weigh?-azz.jpg   How Much do the Stock Wheels Weigh?-cable-stay-tent-1-small.jpg  
Old 03-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Losing Grip II

Originally Posted by all bs
Looks is what I went with Actual weight of my new wheels and tires = my stock one by one pound
im pretty sure mine are the same weights. what size tires do you have?

with each wheel decision, behind that decision, is a personality as different as our finger prints. what some might think are too big or too small, forged or cast, most will agree on this: they bought the rims that made them happy. cast, forged, big, small, all mean nothing to the people next to you, all they care about is your happiness.

john
Old 03-13-2005, 02:54 PM
all bs

Originally Posted by Losing Grip II
im pretty sure mine are the same weights. what size tires do you have?

with each wheel decision, behind that decision, is a personality as different as our finger prints. what some might think are too big or too small, forged or cast, most will agree on this: they bought the rims that made them happy. cast, forged, big, small, all mean nothing to the people next to you, all they care about is your happiness.

john
Stock or my new ones? Stock typical Touring package - 225/45/18 and 245/45/18. New ones - 255/35/19 and 285/35/19

OH and very well put!
Old 03-14-2005, 03:01 AM
Z-Z

After adding all the weight with the big brake kit (which I love - I'm not complaining!), I want to balance that new wieght with lighter wheels. So I want forged 18's most likely. I'd be happy to save 7-10 pounds per wheel. I also want to keep the proper stagger in sizes so the traction control and ABS still function just right.

I have the stocker 17's right now. Any sugestions?
Old 03-14-2005, 04:37 AM
del105
15 f125

17s weight 56 front 58 rear according to my scale. Also on my scale my enkie rpf1's with 275 kumho 710s weigh 42 f 43 r for a savings of nearly 60lbs. There is a noticable difference in acceleration and braking because of this. Dropping a large amount of rotational weight is probably one of the best things you can do for your car.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Losing Grip II

Stock or my new ones? Stock typical Touring package - 225/45/18 and 245/45/18. New ones - 255/35/19 and 285/35/19

OH and very well put!

thanks!

i have those same tires sizes as well, so therefore, i am assuming you have 9.5 front width and 10.5 rear? this is the same sizes i have. what offsets are you running? now how much did the new front rim/tire weigh VS the old rim/tire? (typical touring package 18s) how much did the new rear rim/tire weigh VS the old rim/tire?

thanks,
john
Old 03-14-2005, 08:45 AM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Z-Z
After adding all the weight with the big brake kit (which I love - I'm not complaining!), I want to balance that new wieght with lighter wheels. So I want forged 18's most likely. I'd be happy to save 7-10 pounds per wheel. I also want to keep the proper stagger in sizes so the traction control and ABS still function just right.

if you want forged 18" you have many options. i'd suggest looking at the Nismo LMGT4s. only drawback to them is if you go from 9.5R to 10.5R the price jumps alot b/c its a custom order.....
Old 03-14-2005, 02:27 PM
all bs

thanks!

i have those same tires sizes as well, so therefore, i am assuming you have 9.5 front width and 10.5 rear? this is the same sizes i have. what offsets are you running? now how much did the new front rim/tire weigh VS the old rim/tire? (typical touring package 18s) how much did the new rear rim/tire weigh VS the old rim/tire?

thanks,
john
Yes, 9.5 & 10.5's - to be honest I'm not sure of the offset, I just know that it look awesome Lets se the fronts were 58 and the rears were 61, the the news ones ended up being a pound more front and back. Hope that helps.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:51 PM
Losing Grip II

Yes, 9.5 & 10.5's - to be honest I'm not sure of the offset, I just know that it look awesome Lets se the fronts were 58 and the rears were 61, the the news ones ended up being a pound more front and back. Hope that helps.

wtf????? damn big tires!!!

thank god i bought the rays lug nuts. bought them initially to go with the black rims and also because they are "tight", but now i can say i bought them to even out the difference in weight! i think they actually saved me just under a pound.

john
Old 03-14-2005, 02:54 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HarvesterUT
if you want forged 18" you have many options. i'd suggest looking at the Nismo LMGT4s. only drawback to them is if you go from 9.5R to 10.5R the price jumps alot b/c its a custom order.....

problem isn't the price, it's that the 10.5 model comes only in a 15mm offset

http://www.optionimports.com/nismo1.html
Old 03-14-2005, 02:58 PM
Losing Grip II

Originally Posted by sentry65
problem isn't the price, it's that the 10.5 model comes only in a 15mm offset

http://www.optionimports.com/nismo1.html

if money ISN'T the problem, don't hesitate, call Rays or Nismo and have a set made to your specs. only prob. i had with doing something like that was they take about three months to get.

I'm pretty sure Rays makes the LMGT 4, which also make Volk, so i assume you can bypass Nismo and go straight to Rays. They will make you set to any spec and color.

john
Old 03-14-2005, 02:59 PM
all bs

wtf????? damn big tires!!!

thank god i bought the rays lug nuts. bought them initially to go with the black rims and also because they are "tight", but now i can say i bought them to even out the difference in weight! i think they actually saved me just under a pound.

john
Yea I know - my jaw about hit the floor when I put them on the scale. Rays lug nuts a? The Duralumin ones? Chrome / Black? Got any pics of them? I'm looking at getting some "lighter" lugs as well.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Losing Grip II

i have the long black duraaluminum ones. they are in high demand i guess. took a full day to find an online website that had a set that i could overnight before i put my rims on. ill post a pic of my ride........brb

john
Old 03-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Losing Grip II

here ya go.... does this help?

john
Attached Thumbnails How Much do the Stock Wheels Weigh?-john-rear-side-002-small.jpg  
Old 03-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Losing Grip II

heres a closer, but more obscured pic. it was a sunny day in naples sunny and hot-i love hot weather

john

btw: if you close you can see my 350evo trailing arm and tein coilver!!!! yes! i did that on purpose if your wondering.
Attached Thumbnails How Much do the Stock Wheels Weigh?-john-350evo-tein-volk-rays-small.jpg  
Old 03-15-2005, 09:06 AM
zman2

Originally Posted by Z-Z

How much weight per front and rear wheel did the big brake kit add?
Which kit & size rotors?

Quick Reply: How Much do the Stock Wheels Weigh?