Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

my car feels like its all over the road now

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 06:30 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default my car feels like its all over the road now

I recently had a set of nitto 555 rear tires installed on my z at discount tire. When i first went in for the rear tires i had picked up a bolt in my right rear potenza. I had them replace it with one 555 and had the other one installed the next day because they had to order it. I didnt notice any problems when driving with just the one new tire. But now that i have both on the rear of the car feels like it floating all of over the road at highway speeds. I thought it might be a tire balancing issue at first, but it doesnt shake or anything. The rear just feels like its slightly pulling left then right then left and so on. Could this be an alignment issue or a problem with the tire?
Old 04-25-2005, 06:33 PM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive never expeirienced that man. but it sounds like something is wrong with your suspension geometry. have you curbed anytyhing lately?
Old 04-25-2005, 06:48 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by mario60185
ive never expeirienced that man. but it sounds like something is wrong with your suspension geometry. have you curbed anytyhing lately?
i barely rubbed a curb with my right rear about 3 months ago. I just barely nicked it, didnt cause any damage to my rim whatsoever. The front of the car needs an alignment, i know that for sure. It pulls right if i let go of the steering wheel, but the problem im experiencing is coming from the rear of the car with both hands on the steering wheel. I also noticed right after getting the tires installed there is a squeaking noise now coming from the rear of the car at low speeds whenever i give it gas or shift.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:13 AM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

id get an alignment and check up on it. Sounds like that curbage is worse than you thought.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:34 AM
NismoGCoupe

its the tires, nitto is not a good tire they are pretty hard tires what you're experiencing is the lack of traction these tires have, they dont grip the road like the bridgestone's you had

Last edited by NismoGCoupe; 04-26-2005 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:53 AM
Low J.
Banned

Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity
I recently had a set of nitto 555 rear tires installed on my z at discount tire. When i first went in for the rear tires i had picked up a bolt in my right rear potenza. I had them replace it with one 555 and had the other one installed the next day because they had to order it. I didnt notice any problems when driving with just the one new tire. But now that i have both on the rear of the car feels like it floating all of over the road at highway speeds. I thought it might be a tire balancing issue at first, but it doesnt shake or anything. The rear just feels like its slightly pulling left then right then left and so on. Could this be an alignment issue or a problem with the tire?

if your old tires didn't do this then it's definitely not your alignment. You've got a radial tire pull and need to have it replaced. About 1 in 5 high performance tires I've purchased in my life has had a radial tire pull and I've had to turn right back around and have them replace it before I got half way home. I just got a set of tires for my wife's Mazdaspeed and it pulled like hell after the new rubber was on....took it back 3 times for a new tire each time before they got a tire on there that didn't pull....now it's fine. I went through 4 tires on my SRT-4 before I got one without a pull. It's VERY common so just go back and have them keep putting new tires in the rear until the pull is gone.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:10 AM
NismoGCoupe

is the sliding to the point where vdc kicks in? how many miles did you put on them?
Old 04-26-2005, 01:58 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by Low J.
if your old tires didn't do this then it's definitely not your alignment. You've got a radial tire pull and need to have it replaced. About 1 in 5 high performance tires I've purchased in my life has had a radial tire pull and I've had to turn right back around and have them replace it before I got half way home. I just got a set of tires for my wife's Mazdaspeed and it pulled like hell after the new rubber was on....took it back 3 times for a new tire each time before they got a tire on there that didn't pull....now it's fine. I went through 4 tires on my SRT-4 before I got one without a pull. It's VERY common so just go back and have them keep putting new tires in the rear until the pull is gone.
that sounds like my problem, i didnt have the pull at all untill the left rear tire was put on.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:59 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by NismoGCoupe
is the sliding to the point where vdc kicks in? how many miles did you put on them?
its not that bad, its a very faint feeling at about 80+mph. I doubt anyone else would notice it except me if they drove the car.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:07 PM
kvjacobz

Default My car does the same thing.

My car (03) has the same problem after I got the new OEM tires on the front and realignment from Nissan and new toyo t-1 proxes in the rear (same size as OEM). The car feels like a sailboat now. It pulls right and then left and then right, etc.