Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Tire Sensors don't work, 19" I-forged.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 01:04 PM
3502GO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Sensors don't work, 19" I-forged.

I just mounted my 19" 3 piece Intro-forged wheels on Thursday. The tire pressure sensors do not work, what needs to be done to get them to work or am I out of luck? I REALLY miss being reassured that my pressure is correct, I used this feature on a few ocassions in the past when my tire pressure dropped too low so I am a bit spoiled. If you want to see pics of the wheels, look under the general section under "3 piece I-forged SO3's". Thanks for any info.
Old 11-25-2002, 01:26 PM
bigone

Did you take care to make sure each sensor was relocated to the same wheel from which it came out of? I mean if it was originally in the driver side front did you replace it in the new driver side front wheel?

I was also concerned about this, that was why i had narrowed down my wheel choices to those that specifically said designed to work with all OEM pressure sensors i.e. OZ Super Leggera 3
Old 11-25-2002, 02:05 PM
sdpearso

The service manual lists a few different diagnostic steps that can be performed but they mostly require the Consult-II tools. Some of these include resetting the air pressure monitor control unit and re-registering the valves with the control unit.

Hopefully your dealer can help.
Old 11-25-2002, 05:26 PM
3rdpower

ewww
Old 11-26-2002, 10:34 PM
3502GO

Man, I'm an idiot! I sold the stock wheels and I assume that the sensors were mounted inside the wheels. I never really thought of how it worked, one guy said it was sensed through the shocks at the tire store, I knew that wasn't correct. So what now? I guess I will go to Nissan to buy some sensors. I can probably get the guy that bought the wheels to take them out if possible.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:38 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

Originally posted by 3502GO
Man, I'm an idiot! I sold the stock wheels and I assume that the sensors were mounted inside the wheels. I never really thought of how it worked, one guy said it was sensed through the shocks at the tire store, I knew that wasn't correct. So what now? I guess I will go to Nissan to buy some sensors.

hahaha that is funny ****... you sold the rims with the valve stems? no wonder the sensors dont work.. you didnt have any!

and about putting them on new rims.. ask txstyle... he had the shop epoxy the sensor to the inside of his new wheel, since the valve stem would fit right.

m
Old 11-26-2002, 10:40 PM
SKiDaZZLe
Charter Member #34

oh yeah.. try to get them back.. i heard new ones were 200 or 400 A PIECE!!!

m
Old 11-26-2002, 11:02 PM
Loaded_Pistol
Banned

Originally posted by 3502GO
Man, I'm an idiot! I sold the stock wheels and I assume that the sensors were mounted inside the wheels. I never really thought of how it worked, one guy said it was sensed through the shocks at the tire store, I knew that wasn't correct. So what now? I guess I will go to Nissan to buy some sensors. I can probably get the guy that bought the wheels to take them out if possible.
Dude, that is some hilarious ****. What will be even more tripped out if that guy who bought your wheels will try to sell you your own sensors at a lower price hehehe
Old 11-27-2002, 12:08 AM
3502GO

Man, this is not cool. Those things cost $300 each! WTF!!! I sold them with wheels/tires for $1700 shipped and paid $375 for 2nd day shipping for the guy to insure he received them quickly just to be a nice guy. So that means I sold my wheels and tires for $125!!! I've never felt so shitty in all my life!!! Hopefully the guy that bought the wheels will understand since he just replaced his damaged 18" wheels with sensors so he has an extra set of four, especially since I paid the extra couple hundred just to be a nice guy. Man, I feel shitty, I think I will go drive my Z now!!!
Old 11-27-2002, 05:52 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to be a bastard and just laugh... sorry...
Old 11-27-2002, 09:55 AM
Driven

3502GO,

You've made me laugh the hardest I have in quite some time. Seriously, I feel for you...but I can't stop laughing. I have been trying to get the word out that I am willing to sell my wheels along with tires also...but have stipulated to anyone that has inquired that I plan to "keep" the sensors. Hope you can get them back...but if I were that guy...and it hadn't been specifically discussed...I'd be figuring they are worth at least 50% of retail. So don't be surprised if this guy has a clue and asks for at least $600 for the set! Let us know what happens!
Old 11-27-2002, 11:56 AM
mcduck

Hmm... you're out a set of $1200 tire pressure sensors... I've seen the pics of your I-forged wheels.

They're nice, but if you add the $1200 to what you already paid for the new wheels and tires, that's a bit much $$$$ for the bling-bling.

Good luck getting your sensors back...
Old 11-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Driven

OK...I realize this is a bit off topic...but just when I thought I had a sense of the term "bling-bling" someone goes and uses it in a context out of the ordinary. I'd rather not offer up my initial thoughts on it's reference, so would someone kindly offer an accurate definition for those of us now a bit confused?

Thanks
Old 11-27-2002, 04:13 PM
3502GO

Yes, he just responded and said I agreed to sell the sensors with the wheels and tires and now he is selling his old wheels with the sensors(One or two damaged and others not). I guess thats what you get when you try to help a fellow my350z.com member out. Oh well, this isn't the first time I've been **** on after going $200 out of my way for another individual. From now on, **** everybody else, its all about me now! I think I'll go steal from my church, or possibly from my neighbors kitchen pantry, maybe get a few twinkies to go and possibly some egg nog too, hey, maybe I can find another Z to jack and steal their sensors! Naaaa, I think I'll just stick to honest, I can handle a little **** every now and then, just not a $1200 pile of it.

Originally posted by Driven
3502GO,

You've made me laugh the hardest I have in quite some time. Seriously, I feel for you...but I can't stop laughing. I have been trying to get the word out that I am willing to sell my wheels along with tires also...but have stipulated to anyone that has inquired that I plan to "keep" the sensors. Hope you can get them back...but if I were that guy...and it hadn't been specifically discussed...I'd be figuring they are worth at least 50% of retail. So don't be surprised if this guy has a clue and asks for at least $600 for the set! Let us know what happens!
Old 11-27-2002, 05:24 PM
roberto350z

im sorry..I dont think thats funny at all. These douche-bags that are laughing take for granted that they may have done the same thing. But since you did it first, or maybe they heard about it somewhere they can say, "I would never do that"
Old 11-27-2002, 05:35 PM
roberto350z

I would also like to say that if I had been the purchaser, I would a least send you a couple hundred bucks when I found out that you were misinformed. It is only right for this guy to PAY for what he got...

...if his excuse is, "well thats what I thought I was paying for" or "I wouldnt have bought them if the sensors werent in them" well that it just trying to hide from the truth.

He got that **** 2 day shipped and that WAS nice, now for kharma to balance hes gotta be "nice" back or suffer....ten fold.
Old 11-27-2002, 10:52 PM
Driven

I take issue with the douche-bag comment. I never said I couldn't have made the same mistake.....and as a matter of fact have had correspondence with 3502GO and believe him to be a very nice guy....BUT...don't feel the buyer of his wheels "owes" anything.

Lets say you buy a car...for example a 350Z from a local Nissan dealership, and you both agree on a price of "X". Then after taking possession two weeks later the dealership calls...they say we need you to bring your car in...we need the seats back...we didn't mean to include them in the sale price we agreed upon. What would you do? You never discussed the seats and by your logic "assumed" they were included, but since the dealership didn't "mean" to include them...should give them back at no cost? If I lived in your world, I'd love to sell you every item you've ever purchased and afterward be entitled to 50% or more of it back! I'd be a very rich man....and you'd be very foolish.

The fact of the matter is that 3502GO was uninformed of exactly what he was selling....and now is paying the price. Although I feel for him...I don't hold it against the buyer who all along thought he was getting the sensors for the agreed price. If it wasn't discussed and they were shipped with the wheels and tires...why would he think otherwise? You are off base with your criticism and although I don't expect an apology for those of us who find humor, I suggest you reconsider your logic. You are suggesting the buyer is responsible to question EVERY article which may be included in any sale. And although this is true to the extent that every inclusion/exclusion must be covered to the satisfaction of the buyer, the same responsibility befalls the seller, and no liability transfers hands due to miscommunication or lack there of!

To summarize: 3502GO, I am sorry for your misfortune...but had I made the same mistake, would laugh equally. If it makes you feel any better, when I came home tonight, I misjuged the entrance to my garage and likely did some decent damage to the rear fender of my Z when backing in! I'm not used to the width of the fender flare, and always park as close as is humanly possible to leave the greatest distance between the Z and my wife's car. Anyway, I'll know better tomorrow in the light how bad it is! Maybe if I were Roberto350Z, I could get the garage to pay me back for any damage done? Or....maybe I'll just laugh it off and deal with it like the majority of people living in THIS world!
Old 11-27-2002, 11:40 PM
3502GO

Driven,
You made me chuckle a bit too when I read that you bashed your fender in your own garage. :-) Its really not the buyers fault, although if I were in his position, I would send the sensors back to the seller. There were two things sold to the buyer, the wheels and tires, not the wheels, tires AND SENSORS. Thats the bottom line, the wheels are about $500 each, the tires $250 each and the sensors $300 each. The sensors were not sold with the wheels and tires as a package, its that simple. The buyer has another set of sensors in his other wheels that he could obviously use in the new set, in fact it would be much easier for him to use the old sensors since they are already programmed. Oh well, life goes on, but I assure you, how you treat others WILL come back to haunt you or come back to help you, I choose to help people and be fair and ethical, not be a greedy ******* and get every last penny that I can just to pleasure myself at the expense of another. Would it be ethical to return the sensors? Of course. Is it required to return the sensors? I would say no. You can argue your point, but the bottom line is whats the right thing to do? If you answer keep the sensors, then that defines the person that you are. I myself, choose the path of returning the sensors if I'm the buyer.

That said, I still have my Z, a bad *** set of wheels, a full tank of fuel and a rather heavy foot so all will be well in the end regardless of what happens, I just might happen to find the need to check that damn tire pressure the old fashion way, but at least the ladies will get a chance to see my *** crack as I'm bendin over pumpin that rubber full of O2!
Old 11-28-2002, 12:17 AM
Loaded_Pistol
Banned

Look on the bright side, at least "3502GO" showed me and many others of what NOT to do for the future reference, so at least props for that man.
Old 11-28-2002, 01:09 AM
roberto350z

You are off base with your criticism and although I don't expect an apology for those of us who find humor,
Yes, I do apologize. 1000 apologies. Totally off base.

I suggest you reconsider your logic.
...Sometimes human emotion, right or wrong, is not based in logic. I very rarely allow black and white to direct my actions; my heart tells me what to do...

3502GO would be getting some money from me... although I DO agree with driven in that the sensors are with the wheels and thats it.

Maybe if I were Roberto350Z, I could get the garage to pay me back for any damage done?
Ok....so are we even now? (shakes hands)

Quick Reply: Tire Sensors don't work, 19" I-forged.