Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

WARNING WARNING WARNING (Read before buying wheels online)

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 04:59 AM
ant350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING WARNING WARNING (Read before buying wheels online)

Whats up my fellow z enthusiasts? My misfortune will be your ammunition of information. I just wanted to give you guys the heads up on www.wheelsboutique.com. I ordered a set of Axis Hiro 19' staggered bronze with a polished lip. When I bought the wheels my sales person "ben" was really helpful and enthusiastic promised me that my wheels would be here on wensday. Wensday rolls around no wheels. Call up my buddy ben and he totally ignores my calls I leave a message for him and the shipping department NO calls back I call back again leave yet another message and nothing. Anyway to make a long story short this happens thursday and friday when no wheels come again. Finally they call me and tell me the wheels will be here monday. They were right I did get a shipment monday ONE F*cking wheel. The other wheels they claim UPS lost but if you check the tracking numbers they never even left. So I sent the wheel back and they should get it by monday and credit my account. WORST ONLINE BUYING EXPERIENCE EVER!!!! So just use your hard earned money somewhere else.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:19 AM
Jaki

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that. Thanx for the warning.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:19 AM
Zexy

Don't discredit all online shopping experiences and saying they are crap, because there are reliable shops out there. You just ended up buying from a shitty seller.

Just change the title to "read before buying wheels at wheelsbotique"
Old 05-06-2005, 06:27 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

This has happened to me (other sellers) many, many times. Fact is, not every seller or manufacturer has a 100% accurate inventory system, 100% accurate information system, 100% accurate warehouse opperation, 100% accurate Shipping department, or 100% control over the shipping or delivery company.

I work for a distributor (trade show components) and we stock 3500+ different parts. Despite our best efforts, it happens to us too.

I think the best solution is one where the seller keeps the buyer informed. It doesn't sound like your seller did this.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:42 AM
ant350z

Originally Posted by Zexy
Don't discredit all online shopping experiences and saying they are crap, because there are reliable shops out there. You just ended up buying from a shitty seller.

Just change the title to "read before buying wheels at wheelsbotique"
I didnt discredit online selling everything i've ever bought for all my cars has usually been from online stores. I have been burned countless times. If they took a different initiative and contacted me and walked me through the process and were honest I wouldnt even have been upset Annoyed but i would have understood. However they just totally lied and decieved me and they are an online store so i want my fellow z owners to consider this situation when purchasing wheels from any vendor so I'll just leave the title the way it is thanx.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:27 AM
zzz350

thanks for the warning. Don't worry about the d!cks in here that manage to always find something to be offended by. I don't mind them being offended, it actually is funny (pathetic also).
Old 05-06-2005, 08:41 AM
Zexy

No you retard, i never got offended. Maybe you should read my post over again. If you want i'll personally PM it.

Figures you're short on inteligence as well. You spelled California wrong on your location icon. Who's laughing now.

Anyways like i said. I just don't think it's "internet shopping" in general that is the problem. I mean there are reliable sellers out their. I meant to say not ALL internet shopping is bad. There are reliable/ethical sellers, than there are others who aren't. I just saw your post as discrediting all internet shopping, but oh well. Sorry if i misunderstood you then. Hope you get your problem fixed.

Last edited by Zexy; 05-06-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:55 AM
ReavTek

From reading his post it didn't seem like he had any issues with anyone but wheel boutique. Anyways, we are getting off-topic. Sorry for your bad experience man. Did they even check their inventory before they took your money? Some shops I deal with try to pull some fast stuff. "Oh your order missed our last shipment, if you want we can get it direct deliverved form the retailer for just $X amount more..." But, most of the time I end up really enjoying my online shopping exp. I just make sure they have what I want before I buy and insist on them checking their stock before the order is placed.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:39 AM
jjellyneck

Figures you're short on inteligence as well. You spelled California wrong on your location icon.

[/QUOTE]

Und ya, it's spelled Cal-eee-foh-neeee-yuh. Ask Governor Ahnuld.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:49 AM
zzz350

No you retard, i never got offended. Maybe you should read my post over again. If you want i'll personally PM it.

Figures you're short on inteligence as well. You spelled California wrong on your location icon. Who's laughing now.

Anyways like i said. I just don't think it's "internet shopping" in general that is the problem. I mean there are reliable sellers out their. I meant to say not ALL internet shopping is bad. There are reliable/ethical sellers, than there are others who aren't. I just saw your post as discrediting all internet shopping, but oh well. Sorry if i misunderstood you then. Hope you get your problem fixed.
I guess I'm laughing now, since I meant to spell California with a "K", simple minded dork. Quit sounded like a *****y whining chick, change your rag, and get over yourself. PM if you like, but a face to face meeting would actually be much more enjoyable.

ONe more thing, you have an amazing ability to state the obvious, good work genius!!

Last edited by zzz350; 05-06-2005 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Zexy

[QUOTE=zzz350a face to face meeting would actually be much more enjoyable. [/QUOTE]

Oh so your gay? I'm sorry.

Ok i'm done on this thread.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:08 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

You can be more polite than that!

There's good reason to be careful when buying anything from anyone anywhere.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:50 PM
ant350z

Didnt mean to start a big argument legitiamately just trying to live in the true spirit of the forum and keep my fellow enthusiasts informed on our z marketplace. Hope this was useful to all. Thanx for an awesome forum with great information I hope to provide some positive info in the future. i.e. when I get my wheels this coming friday PICS!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 05:02 AM
zzz350

Ant350Z,
Don't sweat it, you didn't start anything. There are a number of d!ckHe@ds that you will run in to occasionally in here, that literally will take the opposing view no matter what you say. They are actually looking to be offended so as to have something to say. Just blow it off and keep enjoying the forums.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:03 AM
King Tut

This thread is filled with great information. I see these posts often, and I don't understand it. Why would you purchase your wheels from some site that you have no real feedback about when you could purchase the same wheels from one of the multiple vendors on this site? If you want to purchase wheels online, stick to the big companies like Tire Rack www.tirerack.com or Discount Tire Direct www.discounttiredirect.com or one of our great Vendors. Done deal.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:26 AM
UCMyZ

Wheels Boutique is not the only place you need to be careful about. I've had a really bad experience with another company when ordering my rims (my old thread "Rims sticking out further than tire").
I'm still trying to get my credit back from this damn place (its been 3 weeks now). I finally called my bank to let them take care of it.

My experience is that some of these places DO NOT call you back when they said they would, they DO NOT keep you informed of any late shipments, and they DO lie to you when they said the tires/rims have shipped when they didn't....and they DO place you on hold for at least 10min. each time you call.

My next purchase will be with a big company, even if their prices are slightly higher. Its not worth dealing with these (some) small companies who lie, and never return your calls, and they try to avoid you when you call them!

Yes, I'm talking about you Wheel Discount! Yes, after a month of calling and calling you tried helping me get the correct sized tires, but after you told me that once you receive the tires I shipped back to you that it would only take 1 week to get reimbursed, and you said you would call me to give me the confirmation numbers...but noooo, it seems like noone is calling me back and its been almost 3 weeks now, and I'm just too damned tired of calling you 2-3 times a day to try and get reimbursed. So, I hope you get your act together or better yet, go out of business!
Old 07-30-2005, 05:18 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ant350z
Whats up my fellow z enthusiasts? My misfortune will be your ammunition of information. I just wanted to give you guys the heads up on www.wheelsboutique.com. I ordered a set of Axis Hiro 19' staggered bronze with a polished lip. When I bought the wheels my sales person "ben" was really helpful and enthusiastic promised me that my wheels would be here on wensday. Wensday rolls around no wheels. Call up my buddy ben and he totally ignores my calls I leave a message for him and the shipping department NO calls back I call back again leave yet another message and nothing. Anyway to make a long story short this happens thursday and friday when no wheels come again. Finally they call me and tell me the wheels will be here monday. They were right I did get a shipment monday ONE F*cking wheel. The other wheels they claim UPS lost but if you check the tracking numbers they never even left. So I sent the wheel back and they should get it by monday and credit my account. WORST ONLINE BUYING EXPERIENCE EVER!!!! So just use your hard earned money somewhere else.

You sound like the robot from the TV show Lost in Space..

Warning, warning, danger, danger Will Robinson. Wheel Boutique does not compute!

Just teasing.

Thanks for the heads up. Wish everybody would post their bad expeirences like you did. Hope you got it all squared away with those guys.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Z BOY

1. should have titled the thread "don't trust wheels boutique"
2. should have searched this site for the cheapest, most reliable vendor
Old 07-30-2005, 11:23 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

1. Should not have resurrected thread for useless post!
Old 07-31-2005, 01:39 PM
Gman2004

Dude you spelled Orlando wrong in your location icon. j/k

Quick Reply: WARNING WARNING WARNING (Read before buying wheels online)