Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

For those who've lowered their cars, how bad is your front tire wear?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 12:22 PM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those who've lowered their cars, how bad is your front tire wear?

I recently lowered my car with coilovers, approximately a 1.5" drop. I've got the back taken care of, but I am curious to see if I really need to fix the front camber.

If you've lowered your car, how bad did the front tires wear?

I plan on leaving in some negative camber for better handling, but I don't want to be so far out of spec that I go through tires like nothing.

If I can get the fronts close enough to spec, I may just go without front A-arms (especially given their cost).

Some may tell me to get an alignment and find out. This is possible, but I don't want to pay for it twice. I'd rather get everything fixed at once.

I apologize if this has been answered before. I did a search, but I could not find an answer regarding front tire wear.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:38 PM
taurran

All I know is it's not as bad as my rear tire wear (my rear tires are bald on the inner half).
Old 05-11-2005, 03:13 PM
formulaZ

Originally Posted by 2004z
I recently lowered my car with coilovers, approximately a 1.5" drop. I've got the back taken care of, but I am curious to see if I really need to fix the front camber.

If you've lowered your car, how bad did the front tires wear?

I plan on leaving in some negative camber for better handling, but I don't want to be so far out of spec that I go through tires like nothing.

If I can get the fronts close enough to spec, I may just go without front A-arms (especially given their cost).

Some may tell me to get an alignment and find out. This is possible, but I don't want to pay for it twice. I'd rather get everything fixed at once.

I apologize if this has been answered before. I did a search, but I could not find an answer regarding front tire wear.
there isnt any adjustment available from the stock arms. you will have to buy new aftermarket arms if you want to adjust it close to spec. or, you can just cross rotate the fronts every few thousand miles. your front camber should be about 1.5-1.7ish since you are lowered about an inch and 1/2,
Old 05-11-2005, 03:21 PM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

just got my car aligned. dropped it about 1.5". the rear was way off. 2.5* of camber! my guy did the job manually, only way to do it. he got the rears to 1.75 and the fronts were at 1.5 and the adjustments were maxed out. so it looks like if you want less camber in front youll need some new peices. rear is ok. and front kinda. i thinkm nissan speccs are like 1.5 front and rear.

oh and with some work i have 0 toe front and rear.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:28 PM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by formulaZ
there isnt any adjustment available from the stock arms. you will have to buy new aftermarket arms if you want to adjust it close to spec. or, you can just cross rotate the fronts every few thousand miles. your front camber should be about 1.5-1.7ish since you are lowered about an inch and 1/2,
I realize I can't adjust the camber stock. But what I want to know is if front A-arms are really even needed. Basically, I'm trying to justify the cost of front A-arms.

If I can get my camber close to spec (with stock arms), then I obviously don't need aftermarket arms. But if my camber will be way out of spec, then it'd be better for me to buy the arms rather than chewing through tires.

I could get my car aligned now and see what my camber is at, but like I said, I don't want to risk having to pay for 2 alignments.