Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

JReed's 19' SSR GT3's on CS Enthusiast

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 07:44 PM
jrreed350togo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. Probably won't add the spacers this weekend, I'll probably wait till it gets warmer out...as for big brakes I think not. I don't plan on going to the track and the regular brakes are pretty reliable for everyday driving. Besides that...All my cars only get 3 upgrades: Tint, Wheels and stereo system.
Comment to TXStyle: The more I look at your wheel choice the more shocked I am. Multiple/spaghetti spokes on a Z just doesn't look right IMO. Maybe if I saw it in person I would like them but in every picture I've seen I really have been wondering what made you pick those.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:23 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by jrreed350togo
Thanks guys for all the nice comments. Probably won't add the spacers this weekend, I'll probably wait till it gets warmer out...as for big brakes I think not. I don't plan on going to the track and the regular brakes are pretty reliable for everyday driving. Besides that...All my cars only get 3 upgrades: Tint, Wheels and stereo system.
Comment to TXStyle: The more I look at your wheel choice the more shocked I am. Multiple/spaghetti spokes on a Z just doesn't look right IMO. Maybe if I saw it in person I would like them but in every picture I've seen I really have been wondering what made you pick those.
Well my man if you have to ask, you probably could never understand nor appreciate this type of wheel. Not only did I know they would look AWESOME on my car, it is reconfirmed almost daily by enthusiasts, valets, and passer-bys alike. So to your comment all I can say:
"It's All Good Baby!"
Old 12-07-2002, 06:43 PM
biscotti

TXSTYLE, those are awesome wheels, very unique. If you don't mind me asking, what offsets did you use and did you have to use spacers? Thanks.
Old 12-07-2002, 07:15 PM
AtlZ

Originally posted by biscotti
TXSTYLE, those are awesome wheels, very unique. If you don't mind me asking, what offsets did you use and did you have to use spacers? Thanks.
I liked the stock rims better than the "spaghetti" rims. however, the ssr's look super nice on the Z.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:04 PM
redlinez

ZZTOPP,
Here's a picture of SSR's on a Track model, they are 19's. I don't know the offset but I believe they are the same as JReed's.
Yes, they clear, barely without spacers.
Attached Thumbnails JReed's 19' SSR GT3's on CS Enthusiast-mvc-010f.jpg  

Last edited by redlinez; 12-07-2002 at 08:06 PM.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:30 PM
ZZtopp

RedlineZ,

Thanks for the reply and photo!

ZZ
Old 12-07-2002, 09:04 PM
grutter

I knew I've seen those wheels before....
Just like the ones on the Hotwheels model..
Nice choice. Looks great
Old 12-08-2002, 11:01 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by biscotti
Thanks bro'! My Offsets for these 'custom drilled from blanks' are +35 offsets front & back. Actually we (myself and my shop) decided to go with a 5 millimeter spacer to give just a little extra clearance for these massive calipers! Everything works like a charm, and my car stops on a dime and the brakes cool as if there was a fan down there! I will be installing the rear 'Big Brakes' as soon as they are made.

Shot of my rear setup with 3 in. Lips!
Old 12-19-2002, 07:07 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple of questions for jrreed...
  • Was the choice to with 19s instead of 18s purely aesthetic or something else?
  • From the pics, it looks like the rims match the door handles pretty well. This is one part of the look I am aiming for with aftermarket rims. Seeing them in person everyday, do you feel the GT3s are dead on with the door handles or do you think the silver-painted GT1s would match better?
  • Did you transplant your tire sensors and, if so, how?

I probably will prefer to go with a no-rivet look, but think the rims look great on your car! Good job!!!

Last edited by mcduck; 12-19-2002 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12-19-2002, 04:33 PM
jrreed350togo

Couple of questions for jrreed...

Was the choice to with 19s instead of 18s purely aesthetic or something else?

From the pics, it looks like the rims match the door handles pretty well. This is one part of the look I am aiming for with aftermarket rims. Seeing them in person everyday, do you feel the GT3s are dead on with the door handles or do you think the silver-painted GT1s would match better?

Did you transplant your tire sensors and, if so, how?

I probably will prefer to go with a no-rivet look, but think the rims look great on your car! Good job!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The wheels match the door handles perfectly, and having CS in color didn't hurt either. I'm a little biased to the GT1's because I prefer a lip. I have an Enthusiast model so no sensors...The spoiler fooled you huh...The choice to go with 19's where purely for looks. I' don't plan on dropping my Z and 19's are perfect.
Old 12-19-2002, 07:09 PM
mcduck

Thanks for the info! I really like the TE37s, but in the interest of saving a few $$$s, I'll probably go with the SSRs, which I think look great, too!
Old 12-20-2002, 05:24 PM
jrreed350togo

I think they're both along the same price range.
Old 01-11-2003, 07:36 AM
mcduck

frreed...

You're thread is back from the dead!!!

As you know, I've all but narrowed down my wheel choice to GT1s or GT3s from SSR. Cleaning question for you (or anyone else with a wheel that has rivets around the outside)....

with the large amount of brake dust the stock brake produce (I have to clean my front wheels every two or three days), how difficult is to clean the GT3s, particularly around the outer edge?
Old 01-11-2003, 08:00 AM
jrreed350togo

Not that difficult at all. The trick is to never let it build-up. Every 3 months or maybe 4 I plan on taking the wheels off one by one and doing some deep cleaning. So far regular washing has done the trick. Inside of the wheel is the worse because the SSR's only have 5 spokes your can really see through to the inner portion of the wheel. If you plan on proper maintenance you'll be fine. Got a thubs up from a guy in a 02 Viper today. Made me cry....I gave him a wave goodbye...the secret signal for saying "I'm not stupid enough to race you".
Old 01-11-2003, 10:22 AM
mcduck

Cool beans! I'm used to cleaning the behind the spokes now... been doing it on the Performance model once a week for almost 3 months now!
Old 01-15-2003, 07:26 AM
DURSO

Thumbs up Re: JReed's 19' SSR GT3's on CS Enthusiast

Originally posted by jrreed350togo
OK guys they're on and looking dam good. I'm very happy with the look.
Pic 1:

Wheels look fantastic!

You say that you have spacers, still in the box.
What size spacers will work good with your setup. I see that there is 5mm and 15mm availale in H&R hubcentric.
Would the 15mm be to much, or the 5mm be to little if used. Dont want to rub.
Let me know.
Thanks.