Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Sooo....If you were going for the "porsche" look, what finish would you choose?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 07:19 PM
GQ 350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sooo....If you were going for the "porsche" look, what finish would you choose?

All you forged wheels owners:

My car is Daytona Blue, and I'm going after a porsche type look with the car. My headlights are all cleared out and everything I have is pretty much cleared out so it looks damn clean. I'm trying to determine if I should go with a fully polished wheel (face and lip) or if I should go with a silver with polished lip.

The reason I ask is b/c both finishes look good--I like the sophistication of the silver, and like the blingyness of the full polish (see post by lebby-pooh).
However, I'm afraid i'll attract the 'wrong' (read: ghetto) attention if i go full polished b/c its technically chrome looking. If I go with the silver, it'll be so shiny that I may as well have gotten full polished. At the end of the day I dont care who sees b/c I'm an attention ***** anyway (not to mention i have an alarm that rivals fort knox). I want the car to be a headturner, but feel that even the more subtle look will get looks.

What do you guys think? Car is in sig, should have a full vertex or ings half kit soon as well so yeah. The wheels will be either from DPE, Iforged, or HRE.

Thanks guys, looking forward to hearing you guys out and as you know I respect all opinions. NOW POST SOME SUGGESTIONS LOL!

ravi

Last edited by GQ 350z; 08-06-2005 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:35 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The hottest finish you could go with would be grey anodized with a machined lip or full polished lip. I prefer the machined lip. Annodizing is an incredibly durable finish and looks great. I'm stripping my SSR's and having the centers annodized grey, and polishing the lip w/out clearcoat so I can repolish. My car doesn't see raod salt since I'm in florida.

No one really does annodizing on their cars. It's looks industrial. Aluminum only of course. You can only annodize aluminum alloy.

Respect
JET
Old 08-06-2005, 07:39 PM
GQ 350z

Yeah I hear ya..

Chrome lips are a must for me. The face is the only real issue. I'm feeling the silver, or even full polish b/c I think my car can pull it off. I'm thinking of a custom color also but I'm trying to conserve costs at this point by going with 'pre existing' color schemes.

ravi
Old 08-06-2005, 07:46 PM
GQ 350z

Not to add more options, but I might just go with a very light anthracite color such as in this picture:

This is just to show a possible color, absolutely not the wheel I'm getting:

http://www.iforged.com/showroom/view...m01&id=kennya4

Thats similar to the color in my sig, and I think that would actually be pretty fly.

Any comments?
Old 08-06-2005, 08:15 PM
skirby015

Sandblast face with a polished lip
Old 08-06-2005, 08:25 PM
GQ 350z

what would that look like? like a gunmetallish?
Old 08-06-2005, 10:22 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KENSTYLE bodykit will give you the Porsche look. Vertex will not. Volk GT-AV is better over SF Winning (IMO)
Old 08-07-2005, 12:04 AM
hido7

Porsche style?

Old 08-07-2005, 04:34 AM
JDMFairlady21

Originally Posted by hido7
Porsche style?

nice wheels man.

anyway i think the silver face with polished lip would be the best. i was going for that "JDM 911" look as well, and i figured that a simple but elegant design would do it. just remember the BBS LM wheels that come as an option for the 911 turbos.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:14 AM
GQ 350z

Exactly! I'm going for mesh, b/c IMO that is what looks absolutely the best on the Z. Not to say that the iForged Aeros dont look good (they look great) but I'm not going to spend this much cash for such a simple look.

Does that make sense? Thanks for the help guys, I've already made my decision.

ravi
Old 08-08-2005, 04:17 AM
paco3131

Hido7 That Is A Bad *** Ride. You Did It Right!!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 04:52 AM
zzz350

The obvious answer to your question is, go buy a Porsche, that should give you the Porsche look that you crave.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:27 AM
JDMFairlady21

seems like someone rolled off the wrong side of the bed today
Old 08-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Wicked4u2c

Originally Posted by zzz350
The obvious answer to your question is, go buy a Porsche, that should give you the Porsche look that you crave.

+1 Oh man, reminds me of when I owned a civic and everyone wanted that "M3" Look. So they bought those ugly fenders, and "M3" side skirts and took their cars to the body shop to get their trunks shaved and add BMW's tailights. By the time they were done they could of at least bought a regular 325i and at least tried to make it look like one. You drive a Nissan, not a Porsche. If that's the case go buy a Porsche you will only spend a few extra thousands. Get a body kit make it look like a GT2 like this guy did.

This car is actually for sale right now and you can buy it for $85K.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:46 AM
GQ 350z

I appreciate the responses guys, and your subtle sarcasm. I may drive a Nissan but that doesnt mean I can't go for a European look. Here's something subtle for you guys also--we have the means to purchase a Carerra GT if we wanted to. Thats not the point. I'm simply asking what finish to purchase for my wheels. If you can't contribute positively, please leave the thread.

Thanks,
Ravi
Old 08-08-2005, 08:49 AM
JDMFairlady21

Originally Posted by GQ 350z
I appreciate the responses guys, and your subtle sarcasm. I may drive a Nissan but that doesnt mean I can't go for a European look. Here's something subtle for you guys also--we have the means to purchase a Carerra GT if we wanted to. Thats not the point. I'm simply asking what finish to purchase for my wheels. If you can't contribute positively, please leave the thread.

Thanks,
Ravi
ravi i definitely agree on that. why flame someone for going for a same style as another car? i mean he's not going to the body and getting porsche headlights and such c'mon man. anyway everytime i park my car a lot of passerbys always ask if the car is a porsche anyway, believe it or not our cars have somewhat of a resemblance to the 911. just wanted the elegance part of the porsche not the damn car itself!
Old 08-08-2005, 08:52 AM
GQ 350z

Same thing happens to me all the time, especially since I'm debadged. I mean any real enthusiast will know its a 350z and not a Porsche. By Porsche 'look' I'm not going for your ricer mentality wicked4u2c, I'm going for the overall feel. For instance, the low slung roof line, fender right above a very wide set of wheels, duckbill type wing, etc.

I'm not plastering Porsche emblems or passing it off as such. I'm looking for a tasteful comparison, not a cheesy imitation.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:22 AM
zzz350

Originally Posted by Wicked4u2c
+1 Oh man, reminds me of when I owned a civic and everyone wanted that "M3" Look. So they bought those ugly fenders, and "M3" side skirts and took their cars to the body shop to get their trunks shaved and add BMW's tailights. By the time they were done they could of at least bought a regular 325i and at least tried to make it look like one. You drive a Nissan, not a Porsche. If that's the case go buy a Porsche you will only spend a few extra thousands. Get a body kit make it look like a GT2 like this guy did.

This car is actually for sale right now and you can buy it for $85K.
Esactly my point, had nothing to do with getting up on the wrong side of the bed. I have had many types of cars and always let it (them) be what it was, which coincidentally is why I bought them.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:47 AM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Hey Ravi,

If I had to choose, I like what you posted above with the polished lip & the anthracite. It'll probably be easier to clean too . If not that, I'd go with something similar to what you have pictured in your sig with a polished lip & silver/brushed aluminum. I have the full polished now & although it looks nice, I'm looking into changing it to something like brushed aluminum or a color like the PIAA's since I feel that matches my car perfectly. One thing about polished is it's a b*t@# to keep clean . I'm pretty sure I know the look you're looking for since I'm going for somewhat the same look. Good luck bro...
Old 08-08-2005, 09:47 AM
atar350

On a blue car, I would think high polish face would bling to much, I think a silver will give that subtle bling you want and keep the ride looking clean. As far as lip, if you are looking fro chrome, then thats that, so I think silver to keep the bling factor down, but keeping the attractive look of two contrasting colors....
Attached Thumbnails Sooo....If you were going for the "porsche" look, what finish would you choose?-ssr_gt3_ci3_l.jpg  

Quick Reply: Sooo....If you were going for the "porsche" look, what finish would you choose?