Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

HELP REO40 on FRONT, REARS??????

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 05:40 PM
newowner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP REO40 on FRONT, REARS??????

I just bought a 03 Performance Z. The front tires were just replaced and the front end alligned under factory warranty because of feathering on the front tires. Nissan warrantied the tires and allignement for a while longer. My question is that my rears need to be replaced. I really wanted SO3's because I have heard good things but Nissan said they would only put OEM tires on. So now I have to buy rears, I dont want to buy 4 SO3's as my Front REO40's are brand new. Is it ok to put SO3's on the back and have REO40"s on the front. What is the benefit or downfall. Please let me know ASAP

P.S.
Are SO3's worth the money or should I do something else

Last edited by newowner; 09-01-2005 at 06:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:19 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I would bite the bullit & put 4 new tires on. Running different tires front/back is not good. Actually, I could have pushed the local Nissan dealer for new front tires but then I would have been in your situation in a few thousand miles.

So, I said screw it & put all new Toyo T1 Rs on all around. I too have read S o3s are good. Others to consider are Toyo T1 Rs & Michelin PS2s. Others will give you other options.

Check out:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...ay.jsp?type=MP