Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Whats the Best all season tire for the Z?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whats the Best all season tire for the Z?

I did a search but came up empty. If I missed something please don't post stupid comments on the tread, just share the info with me. Thank you

I am currently stationed in sunny San Diego and have never needed all season tires for my ride, but I am moving to Virginia in Dec and I know that the East gets some extreme weather and I would like to get some good All Season Tires for the drive and the year I will be over there.

I need something that comes in 275/35R19. If you have any experience with some good tires please share them with me.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:50 PM
PDX_Racer

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

For all-season tires, you're probably going to have to give up your 19s.

Try TireRack.com. If they don't have anything, there probably isn't anything.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:10 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pilot Sports A/S

275/35YR19
Raised Black Letters Serv. Desc: 96Y Price Each: $343
Estimated Availability: In Stock

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes....ot+Sport+A%2FS

The Pilot Sport A/S is an Ultra High Performance All-Season tire member of the Michelin' Pilot family of low profile, high-speed tires. The Pilot Sport A/S was developed for the drivers of sports cars, coupes and sedans who desire year round traction, including in light snow. The Pilot Sport A/S is designed to minimize dry and wet driving compromises while maximizing all-weather traction.

On the outside, the Pilot Sport A/S features three different tread compounds applied side-by-side using the precise capabilities of Michelin's innovative "C3M" tire manufacturing process. The tread compound in both shouldersimproves dry handling, while the compound used between the shoulders and centerrib balances dry, wet, snow and cold weather traction. The compound used in thecenter rib boosts wet traction. These three tread compounds are molded into a directional tread design with a continuous circumferential center rib flanked by high angle directional tread blocks. The continuous center rib sharpens steeringresponse and provides communicative road feel while reducing tire noise on dry roads. The high angle lateral tread blocks enhance responsiveness and handling while the tire's circumferential and high angle lateral grooves efficiently evacuate water to resist hydroplaning and enhance wet traction. On the inside, two high-tensile, lightweight steel cord belts are reinforced with Michelin's "Filament At Zero" (FAZ) technology under the tread area. Michelin's FAZ spirally wraps an individual strand of KEVLAR across the entire tread area under the steel belts, and again above the steel belt's edges to enhance wear and ride comfort whileproviding high speed durability and predictable handling
Old 10-12-2005, 07:17 PM
plumpzz

This new jerseian suggests u get some summer tires and some winter tires.. all seasons won't cut it when it SNOWS
Old 10-12-2005, 07:53 PM
NzZ

Don't know if they're available in your size, but I see the Pirelli PZero Nero are rated very well. They are the best value for money in all seasons from what I've heard. I've actually heard their dry grip is comparable to the average summer tire. All hearsay until I floor it in 2nd though.

NzZ
Old 10-12-2005, 10:28 PM
turbohappy

My experience with the PZero Nero M&S on my Eclipse was terrible. Not overly impressive anyway and the fronts kept popping mysteriously. The Kumho ASXs that replaced them had zero problems and felt like a better tire when driving.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:38 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

"This new jerseian suggests u get some summer tires and some winter tires.. all seasons won't cut it when it SNOWS"

The above sounds right to me.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:02 AM
Speedracer

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
"This new jerseian suggests u get some summer tires and some winter tires.. all seasons won't cut it when it SNOWS"

The above sounds right to me.
Agreed! If you are even thinking about driving the Z in the snow, real snow tires are ESSENTIAL.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:32 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

See my post here: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ht=alternative
Old 10-14-2005, 09:30 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Thanks everyone.