Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Nismo Wheel with Nut

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 11:37 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Nismo Wheel with BIG Nut

Originally posted by EnthuZ
When will this be available? Price? Diameters? Widths? Offsets? Colors? Who will offer?

Me Want BIG time
so are these the specs you are looking for??

Color: Chromed Silver, For front, Diecast 1 peace, 18x8.5J, Off: +25 5H, P.C.D: 114.3, With valve, Excluded center cap (JPY3,900 each)
Recommended tire size: 245/40-18, Wight: 8.2kg, Price per rim Z33
81,600 ( US$662.75 )

Color: Chromed Silver, For rear, Diecast 1 peace, 18x9.5J, Off: +25 5H, P.C.D: 114.3, With valve, Excluded center cap (JPY3,900 each)
Recommended tire size: 275/40-18, Wight: 8.6kg, Price per rim Z33
84,000 ( US$682.25 )
Old 12-30-2002, 12:02 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

Thanks Rod!

Haven't seen these wheels in Chrome Silver. I'm NOT a chrome kind of guy. Do you have any pictures? Might look better than the black on my silverstone.

Also, what is JPY3,900 each in US$? $31.70? Gotta get the BIG nuts!

Does anyone think nismo will offer them with their US launch in a few months? Might be, um, less expensive.
Old 12-30-2002, 02:47 AM
TCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ksj
I'm the lucky soul who expects the S-Tune suspension and the LM-GT4's early next week. Valuetl (Mike) is who I them ordered from.

Once I get it all installed I'll post pics and let everyone know how it feels on the street.... Kevin
Kevin, if you normally travel on some moderately bumpy roads, please try to include those in your test drive if you are willing. Compare the car's reaction to the bumps to how it reacted with the stock suspension and let us know. This will help determine how streetable the set up is.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2003, 02:54 PM
Driven

OK...so who has the scoop on these center nuts? I've been asking about them because there is a good chance I may be ordering RAYS Gram Light 57Pro's which may very well have the same center dimensions as these NISMO's and I'd like to know if it is possible to clean up the look of the wheels I'm considering. Here is the answer I got from one wheel guy that seems well off base from the posts above:

1) The same caps on the regular gram lights are used for the Pro's. There is one universal style. They come in silver or black w/ gold trim. The Volk TE37 mag wheels made for NISMO race teams are not available for public and are magnesium which will crack on public road surfaces. The center nut design is so when the race car makes a pit stop it is very easy and faster to remove wheel and change it. Same as on many racing touring car divisions, Formula, etc... Not for street cars. Even if you could afford a set of these, you are looking at like well over tens thousand of dollars for a set like this with racing slicks.
[B]

If this were true...the nut would only ADD more time to changing the wheel and in this case seems to be purely aesthetic. Who can get the details?
Old 01-04-2003, 06:09 PM
rodH

are there any type of center caps for the GT-C???
Old 01-04-2003, 06:17 PM
Driven

I've been told "yes"...they are the same for nearly all the Volks...I don't have any pictures, but have been told they come in Silver or Black with Gold trim. Anyone has a picture...that would be great.
Old 01-04-2003, 09:13 PM
rodH

Originally posted by Driven
I've been told "yes"...they are the same for nearly all the Volks...I don't have any pictures, but have been told they come in Silver or Black with Gold trim. Anyone has a picture...that would be great.
Driven, were you responding to my question (if so, that would make sense, it really looks like the GT-C has a cutout for a cover). This could be the deciding factor if I end up with teh GT-C, my wife would rather have a cover (to many holes in the center). Hopefull we can get some pics??
Old 01-04-2003, 09:45 PM
Driven

rodH,
Yes, I was answering your question. But the cover only fills the center hole from my understanding. It does not cover all the lugs and extra holes as I would wish (similar to the NISMO wheel center with nut above) It does provide a more "cleaned up" look however. I am trying to get more information on the nut above for the NISMO wheel...I've been told it doesn't fit the Gram Light Pro's I want or the GT-C's you want (both our wheels use the same smaller centercap), but am hopeful if I could get more specifics on the ones meant for the NISMO wheel that I may be able to have a friend who works in a machine shop make some changes and possibly "make" them work. I need a detailed explaination on the assembly of the nut above along with dimensions of the circular cap etc.... Otherwise I am actually contemplating having him fabricate something similar from scratch.
Old 01-04-2003, 10:22 PM
valuetl

The center capless look is pretty popular in Japan right now. Most sport wheels now will have no center cap and exposed lug nuts. Not many good sport rims that have center caps that cover the lug nuts and no rivets.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:50 AM
Monkey Man

Originally posted by rodH
are there any type of center caps for the GT-C???
There are closeups of the wheels with the caps on our site.

-Jeremy
Old 01-05-2003, 09:10 AM
rodH

Originally posted by Monkey Man
There are closeups of the wheels with the caps on our site.

-Jeremy
WOW, great close ups, you guys did a great JOB!!! (I was actually asking if the wheels offer a cap that covers the lug area, BUT I was trying to tell my wife how beautifully crafted the wheels are in person, now I have some great pics to show her-GOOD JOB).
Old 01-05-2003, 09:14 AM
rodH

monkey man, or anyone else (I hope this isn't a stupid question), is there any way to swap out the small bolts around the outside of the wheel for silver/chrome ones??, my only slight hang-up right now is that the are a bit "bussy" but if the bolts were silver, I think it would clean it up a bit???? thoughts???
Old 01-05-2003, 09:35 AM
Monkey Man

I think you could easily remove the bolts, paint them, and replace them if you so desired. There are no options from Volk to change their color. Just make certain you put them back on well so there are no problems.

-Jeremy
Old 01-05-2003, 09:56 AM
rodH

Originally posted by Monkey Man
I think you could easily remove the bolts, paint them, and replace them if you so desired. There are no options from Volk to change their color. Just make certain you put them back on well so there are no problems.

-Jeremy
Jeremy, either that or take 1 off and go to a place that sells various bolts and match it up with something very similar in silver/chrome. I spoke with a shop about it once, and he was like "NO, you can't remove the bolts it is a 3 piece wheel it will come all apart" he didn't understand my Question, but it is ONLY a bolt, nothing magical about that.

I could either

1. paint it,
2. polish them to a silver,
3. or buy new ones,

those would probably be my best 3 options
Old 01-05-2003, 10:11 AM
Monkey Man

Originally posted by rodH
I spoke with a shop about it once, and he was like "NO, you can't remove the bolts it is a 3 piece wheel it will come all apart" he didn't understand my Question, but it is ONLY a bolt, nothing magical about that.
LMAO

I guess he thought you weren't going to put them back.

-Jeremy
Old 01-05-2003, 10:55 AM
Driven

I'm not sure about this since I'm not a wheel manufacturer...but I always thought there was a certain way those bolts were tightened...as far as proper order or assembly along with very specific torque used? Not that you couldn't do it yourself...but I'd want to have all the details before I'd take apart a wheel that has been balanced and assembled a certain way.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:19 AM
rodH

I'm not sure about this since I'm not a wheel manufacturer...but I always thought there was a certain way those bolts were tightened...as far as proper order or assembly along with very specific torque used? Not that you couldn't do it yourself...but I'd want to have all the details before I'd take apart a wheel that has been balanced and assembled a certain way.
it would definetly important to do it BEFORE the tires are installed and balanced. I actually use to build very high end mountain and road bike wheels, perhaps I could apply my knowledge in the order or mounting and tightening nipples (for the bikes) to the wheels, good POINT. OUTside of that, I and the fact that blue lock tight should be applied, I don't think there would be much magic about it. Maybe I should do more research on the NET, 3 piece wheels are NOTHING new so thier has to be some info out there.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:55 AM
rodH

found the info by doing a search, thanks for the tip.
Old 01-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Driven

You mean I made a suggestion that made sense and was helpful? I'm running to tell my wife!
Old 01-05-2003, 12:24 PM
rodH

You mean I made a suggestion that made sense and was helpful? I'm running to tell my wife!
LOL