iFORGED Groupbuy For All My350z.com members

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 07:26 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default just wondering

When I visit your factory next week, will you have 18 wheels with 3-4 lips for me to see?
Old 01-08-2003, 10:49 AM
iForged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have 3.0" lips in the 19", the 3.5" lips are on order in the 18", but we do have the 3.5 and 40" lips in the 20's you can also see. Please email me at vwong@iforged.com with what time you can make it down and what day preferably a monday or wednesday in the morning and i will give you a tour and show you around and show you what we have available.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:49 AM
iForged

Brad4rdHay, Your wheels will be shipping out either on Friday or Monday. I will take pictures of the finished product on Friday before UPS picks them up.
Old 01-08-2003, 11:44 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default I guess I am the guy by default

I am planning on visiting the iforge and HRE manufactures next week. I will do the best I can to do whatever you guys want to help out. I will be posting a lot of pics of both manufactures. Just let me know what you guys want and i will ddo my best...Jeff
Old 01-08-2003, 05:08 PM
iForged

Got Lip 4" Reverse Outer in 20"

Old 01-08-2003, 08:49 PM
jeffrey

Nice big fat lip ya got there.

Any on wheels yet?
Old 01-09-2003, 03:00 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default I going to Visit the factory

I am planning on visiting the factory on Wednesday, Jan 15th at 2pm. I will be taking my digital camera and can take pics of wheels and do whatever anyone wants me to do for them while I am there. Just let me know.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:53 PM
jeffrey

I'd like to see some of these wheels on a black Z.

iForged: how much extra for color centers? (ie: black center, polished lip)
Old 01-10-2003, 03:33 AM
Stone Z

Question

Originally posted by Dlovtsur
Does anyone have a picture of the FS-6 in a polished finish (preferably 19")?
Anyone?
Old 01-10-2003, 06:09 AM
iForged

jeffrey, No extra charge currently for the groupbuy for painted centers.
Old 01-10-2003, 10:56 AM
jeffrey

Hrm. I'm really interested in the Flux 3pc now. Either full polished or gloss black center/polished lip.

From what I could gather, the 3pc (FS series) are not availabe with the 4" lip, correct?

Also, I'm sure this has been asked before so bear with me but if I were to order a full polished wheel it would be clear coated correct? Are painted center/polished lip wheels clear coated as well?

Also, what kind of warranty do you guys offer?

Sorry for the barrage of questions.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:16 AM
J Ritt

Hmmmmm....those wheels look really, really sweet. I would seriously considering buying a set, but all of these questions regarding doing business with Vince are a cause for concern. I found a 16 page thread at VW Vortex that basically scared me away. The thread contains accusations of just about every poor business practice, and even racism! http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=220797&page=10

Who knows how much of this is true, who's right, who's wrong, etc. Maybe these problems have been remedied? It sounds like our fellow 350Z'rs are happy with their product and the sales experience. I love the wheels, but I don't know that I can take that big of a risk with $3k though. Hmmmmm...gonna have to seriously think about this one. All I can say is be careful guys. I'm looking forward to hearing the first hand reports from more Z owners, factory tourers, etc. Vince, I'm not trying to F up your business, because you've done me no wrong. However, I do think it's important that all sides of the issue are presented.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:28 AM
jeffrey

Yiiikes.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:14 PM
iForged

J Ritt
if you want to believe that everything on the internet is true thats fine. Our company deals with some of the largest names in the aftermarket industry and have done a few sets for members of 350z.com. Little kids on VW Vortex like to make it sound like its our fault when they order the wrong offset, or the wrong width and then blame it on the manufacture. Thats why all orders now required a signature so we will not have those problems, and then slander my companys name all over the web. Again those interested in a factory visit, can come visit us next Wednesday when zland will also be down here, if you want to see the real operation in person. Cleary you can tell by the thread on vwvortex that they are young kids that are cleary out to slander our name and product on the web.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:21 PM
jeffrey

I for one, am very interested in the product you sell.

I find the wheels attractive and your pricing in the GB offer very enticing.

But like every 'net shopper, you have to take steps to protect yourself and do your homework. I've been burned and it's no fun.

I personally have no qualms with iForged and don't hold anything said in that post to merit until I see proof for myself.

It's time to just let the ball roll and see what happens...
Old 01-10-2003, 06:09 PM
iForged

Jeffrey if you are concerned about net ordering, you can also purchase our wheels from our dealers we have on in Texas DT Motorwerks.

http://www.dtmotorwerks.com

they also are on the dealer section of our website.
Old 01-11-2003, 02:03 PM
J Ritt

IForged,

As I said, I'm not trying to cause you trouble...reread my post. I do not believe everything I read on the net. All I want is for everyone to have all of the information/sides of the story. There are plenty of companies that have stellar reputations, and none of these allegations against them publicly. The fact is, there are negative comments from different sources, that are seemingly unrelated. Then again, maybe it's the same person doing their best to smear your name, as they threaten in the VW post? Both scenarios are possible. I don't know you, and I don't know any of them. All I am trying to do is help my fellow Z owners make an educated purchase. I would hope they would do the same for me if I was going to spend $3k elsewhere. That's the whole point of this community.
I have not ruled out the possibilty of ordering wheels from you. If I do, I would expect nothing but stellar service and treatment from you for buying an item that is so expensive. I would also expect a top notch quality product. What do you get in return? Loyalty and an advocate. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I will continually go out of my way to help and promote those who take care of me. I am an extremely loyal person and customer, and I sincerely believe that what goes around comes around. Scratch my back, and I scratch yours twice. On the other hand, I will go to nearly any length to make sure somone who willfully wrongs me pays for it in like fashion.
Due to the quantity and severity of the allegations that have been posted by others, I am going to be cautious, and wait and see what happens. Also, I am 2500 miles away from your business, which eliminates the possibility of stopping by personally, which I'd love to do. When I hear more positive first hand accounts of the product and process on this board or elsewhere, then maybe I'll fork over a few G's for a set of those beautiful looking wheels. I prefer the same setup you have on your S4...black center with a polished lip would look great on my chrome silver Z I'm sure. Good luck in your endeavors. I hope all of these accusations prove to be baseless, and hopefully I will be doing business with you someday.
Old 01-11-2003, 04:49 PM
iForged

I understand your concern JRitt and I totally agree on your defintion of community and protecting the rights of all members, but we have sold three sets on this forum already and have 3 orders in production. If anyone has questions or concerns, we have a 350z member coming to our facility on Wednesday at 2pm, and also you can email or talk to our members on this board that have purchased rims from us in the past.
Old 01-11-2003, 06:04 PM
jeffrey

That's the reply I wanted to see.

I guess we'll all just be nice and wait until Wednesday. Granted they may have been some issues in the past, iForge has tried very hard to answer all of our questions and provide us with deals.

Let's just wait and see, shall we?
Old 01-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Brad4rdHay

Thus far, my experience with them has been great. Its really cool being able to talk one on one with someone who knows about the car and what measurments will work and what wont. Plus, I got to select the finish/lip size and everything. Now if everything pulls through as planned, I should have my wheels late next week/early the folowing. Thats would be about 1-2 weeks ahead of shedule. All that and the price was right.

Quick Reply: iFORGED Groupbuy For All My350z.com members