Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Help with with and offset on Axis Hiro

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 12:01 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eat rice z33
not to upset anyone but sell yoru hiros asap they are very dangerous. there are over 5 cases of hir failure during daily driving. the spokes literally cracked!!! do not buy!! head over to 350zmotoring.com and search axis hiro and you will see all the threads!!! please for your safety dont use them
That's b*llsh*t. Sell them ASAP?

Hiro's are safe. They had a bad lot of wheels, and the comany stood behind their product. They never caused any accidents.

You make it sound like cyanide laced Tylenol.

Buy Hiro's and enjoy them.

Respect
JET

Last edited by JETPILOT; 12-15-2005 at 12:03 AM.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:58 AM
martinpepper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's b*llsh*t. Sell them ASAP?

Hiro's are safe. They had a bad lot of wheels, and the comany stood behind their product. They never caused any accidents.

You make it sound like cyanide laced Tylenol.

Buy Hiro's and enjoy them.

Respect
JET
Dont be mad because these wheels are no good. I have sent countless emails to AXIS about these wheels. Basically inquiring on the steps that they have gone through to improve these wheels from the ones that cracked. What they found to be wrong with the ones that cracked. There has been no response of any kind. I want these wheels, but they apparently are only marketing these wheels to those that dont care if their wheels crack and fall apart. Also if you read the warranty of their wheels, you could have a problem if they crack after a year.

Dont get me wrong they are beautiful wheels, but is that enough. Also how do you know if these wheels have not caused an accident. Imagine this...you loose control hit a curb or slide off of the road. Damn what was that? You look and all you see is a damaged car and a rim(s) is cracked. How can you say that the rim cracked before the accident and not because of the accident.

Good luck.

Martin
Old 12-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by martinpepper
Dont be mad because these wheels are no good. I have sent countless emails to AXIS about these wheels. Basically inquiring on the steps that they have gone through to improve these wheels from the ones that cracked. What they found to be wrong with the ones that cracked. There has been no response of any kind. I want these wheels, but they apparently are only marketing these wheels to those that dont care if their wheels crack and fall apart. Also if you read the warranty of their wheels, you could have a problem if they crack after a year.

Dont get me wrong they are beautiful wheels, but is that enough. Also how do you know if these wheels have not caused an accident. Imagine this...you loose control hit a curb or slide off of the road. Damn what was that? You look and all you see is a damaged car and a rim(s) is cracked. How can you say that the rim cracked before the accident and not because of the accident.

Good luck.

Martin
it was one freakin production run of 100 sets i believe. you can no longer buy one of these defective wheels as they are no longer on the market. if you were an unlucky person to get one of these sets, axis was more then happy to send you new ones. when was the last time you read anything about these wheels cracking? probably over a year ago cause they dont crack anymore. how do i know this? cause ive been researching wheels for my Z for 4 months now, basically ever since i bough my Z. i really liked hiros so i read and read and read about them. and yes i ran into the cracking issue with a few of these and learned it was just a bad run of these and that axis had corrected the issue so it wouldnt happen again. no one ran into problems getting them replaced. so please, if you dont know the whole story, dont go around preaching horror stories. i really like how the hiro's look on a Z. For one piece cast wheels they are pretty light and very very affordable. almost got them but i went with volk GT7's instead.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:43 PM
diwun67

I bought my Hiros around July sometime, can't remember exactly. Anyways, I am not in the least bit worried about them cracking. How does a wheel just crack? I mean c'mon, you gotta be doggin the **** out of your car. Here's a pic:

Last edited by diwun67; 12-17-2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:48 PM
diwun67

Damn I'm such a n00b How do you embed a pic?