Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

18" chrome wheels aren't that heavy

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 01:51 PM
zedated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18" chrome wheels aren't that heavy

I have the 18" Nissan Chrome Wheels. Some people say they're really heavy, so there has been some debate here about their weight. Well, I just returned from the dealer where I asked the parts guy about it. He got one from stock and weighed it. He says 22.5 lbs! for 18x8 (same F/R). According to mynismo.com, the 18" LMGT4's are 18.3/18.75 lbs (F/R).
---
Also, the service advisor offered to realign my car and change my front tires under warranty! I have only 7500 miles with minimal tread wear. I can see a little unevenness on the inside tracks, but nothing really bad. Tire noise is more annoying. My car drives really well and the alignment is perfectly straight now, so I'm reluctant to f--- with it, iykwim. Apparently, if I do it soon (before the tires wear down), I get full credit. Later on, they will prorate the new tires and I'll own some money. What would you do?
Old 01-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by zedated
I have the 18" Nissan Chrome Wheels. Some people say they're really heavy, so there has been some debate here about their weight. Well, I just returned from the dealer where I asked the parts guy about it. He got one from stock and weighed it. He says 22.5 lbs! for 18x8 (same F/R). According to mynismo.com, the 18" LMGT4's are 18.3/18.75 lbs (F/R).
---
Also, the service advisor offered to realign my car and change my front tires under warranty! I have only 7500 miles with minimal tread wear. I can see a little unevenness on the inside tracks, but nothing really bad. Tire noise is more annoying. My car drives really well and the alignment is perfectly straight now, so I'm reluctant to f--- with it, iykwim. Apparently, if I do it soon (before the tires wear down), I get full credit. Later on, they will prorate the new tires and I'll own some money. What would you do?
that makes no sense whatsoever, the stock 17's are suppose to be lighter then the stock 18's and the stock 17's are int he 25-27lbs area without chrome.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:34 PM
zedated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexx
that makes no sense whatsoever, the stock 17's are suppose to be lighter then the stock 18's and the stock 17's are int he 25-27lbs area without chrome.
I hear ya! I didn't see the wheel on the scale, but I did see the parts guy carrying the wheel and it was the correct wheel. We are talking just the wheel... no tire, right? Could it be just that the stock wheels are made from heavier metal??