Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Rick at Status is EXCELLENT to Deal With!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 05:30 AM
G35audioman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rick at Status is EXCELLENT to Deal With!!!

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you guys know that Rick at Status Auto Design is a VERY good person to deal with for your wheel/tire needs. I purchased a set of 20" Maya RT5's with PS2 tires at an excellent price and he was more than helpful with everything that i requested of him. I couldn't be happier. Thanks Rick!

Oh, and in case you guys dont already know this, his shop is one of the nicest i have seen. Basically, I received a great price, great service, excellent after sale communication, and all of this packaged in a top notch facility. Highly recommended!

FYI, I am not in any way affiliated with Status Auto design. I am simply a happy customer who felt that they deserved praise for their customer service.

If you would like to contact them, I believe their website is www.statusautodesign.com.

I have attached a picture of my car with the new wheels as well...
Attached Thumbnails Rick at Status is EXCELLENT to Deal With!!!-my-car-with-rt5-s.jpg  

Last edited by G35audioman; 02-01-2006 at 05:33 AM.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Dragonstyle

maya's look good
Old 02-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrat on your new wheel. I saw few praise about them and decide to give them a try but out of 2 times i called, Rich was really nice but the price still can't beat F1 motorsport. So i end up bought the 4th set of wheel at F1 again (20" GT-C ). It will be here tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:19 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

One of my neighbors is actually one of the Status guys (Dave Chen - I think partial owner?)

Great guy, I would definitely vouch for them.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:35 AM
G35audioman

Originally Posted by Bubble
congrat on your new wheel. I saw few praise about them and decide to give them a try but out of 2 times i called, Rich was really nice but the price still can't beat F1 motorsport. So i end up bought the 4th set of wheel at F1 again (20" GT-C ). It will be here tomorrow.
Did you mention to Rick that F1 was offering a better price? I'm pretty sure Rick could have and would have beat it. At least, he did for me when i was about to purchase the Maya's.

Last edited by G35audioman; 02-02-2006 at 01:42 AM.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:06 AM
cwest350

Originally Posted by G35audioman
Did you mention to Rick that F1 was offering a better price? I'm pretty sure Rick could have and would have beat it. At least, he did for me when i was about to purchase the Maya's.
Lets not start a F1/Status argument here

I've spoke with both Chris and Rick and they're both very helpful !
Old 02-02-2006, 06:24 AM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

For the love of god...you're changing your wheels again?!?

Man...you get tired with your parts fast! Plus, doesn't your current/old 20" GR5's look like the 20" GT-C's anyway?
Old 02-02-2006, 06:28 AM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GTNPU Z
For the love of god...you're changing your wheels again?!?

Man...you get tired with your parts fast! Plus, doesn't your current/old 20" GR5's look like the 20" GT-C's anyway?
no, buy it for my friend.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:35 AM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

no, buy it for my friend.
Ah...okay now it makes sense. I was gonna say...when you get tired of the GT-C's...kick them down my way .
Old 02-02-2006, 09:59 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by cwest350

+1, they're both very good... in fact one might say they are very similar in the way the businesses are run...
Old 02-02-2006, 03:33 PM
G35audioman

Originally Posted by cwest350

Oh, I definitely agree with you. They are both great guys. Both are very helpful. My decision to go with status was based on two factors:

1) They offered me a slightly better price
2) They were located much closer to me. 30 minutes away as opposed to 1+ hour away.

Either F1 or Status would be good to deal with. I was simply praising Status because of my positive experience with them.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:10 PM
UCLAzzz

I too have recently picked up some Volks last Saturday matter of fact! I consulted with numerous vendors, F1 and Status inlcuded, and after visiting Rick and the guys at Status I was sold. They gave me a competitive price, I got first class customer service and their shop is top notch (Plasma screen with surround sound, I watched UCLA spank Oregon state last saturday, while my rims/tires were being installed). Anyways, I am STATUS guy now, and as long as they continue to hook me up, I will be a loyal customer!!! Customer service is top priority for me! I rather spend the day in Hermosa vs Hollyweird, but I'm from Long Beach, so I might be biased! I recommend checking out the shop, they are nice people, no pressure, and some bad aZZ rides are always their getting hooked. When I was there, they had 3-4 porsches, NSX, Z, Mini cooper, Benz, G35, and my Z!!

To be fair, I never visited F1, but they were helpful, but they never followed through with calling me back with all the price quotes I requested, so I went to Status Auto first, they seemed more interested in my business!!!!

BTW Rick, my wife just got Turbo Tax, and looks like Uncle Sam owes me a nice chunk of change, so I'm gonna hit you up for the TEINS Flex w/EDFC or at least some springs to slam it!!!!! Time to do some suspension research!!
Old 02-02-2006, 06:52 PM
shatooi

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
+1, they're both very good... in fact one might say they are very similar in the way the businesses are run...
If I'm not mistaken, Rick used to work for F1....that would explain why both businesses may run the same way.

I've met him a week after they opened, and Status has great service. Not to mention, they're only 2 minutes from my house!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Royal_T

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Rims look good man. I most say that Status Auto Design is making a name for it self, every time I come on to this forum some one has posted something about there great service and great prices. When it comes time for me to purchase I most def will hit up you guys, keep up the good work I like seeing business done the right way.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Originally Posted by shatooi
If I'm not mistaken, Rick used to work for F1....that would explain why both businesses may run the same way.

I've met him a week after they opened, and Status has great service. Not to mention, they're only 2 minutes from my house!
Looks like you found my hidden meaning. Well...most of it...