Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Axis Wheel Quality?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 10:10 PM
thrill350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axis Wheel Quality?

i really wanted the Axis GTR bc theyre my favorite looking wheel and also the price was right for me ($1,400 new for 20'' staggered,not including tires). But I've heard that Axis are bad quality wheels and they will bend and crack. Is this true? Are they not worth getting? Will i have a lot of problem with them?

also.... On my last car i have 18'' konig rims, just so i get an idea, how is konigs wheel quality compared to Axis'?
Old 02-07-2006, 01:55 AM
G35audioman

For the money, they are pretty decent quality. Many people on here are happy with their AXIS wheels.

Konigs and axis are very similar in quality. If you are happy with the Konigs, you should also be happy with the axis wheels.

The axis wheels are not lightweight by any means, but they are decent quality and will look good on your car.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:16 AM
pinoyhero

thrill ive heard the same and have since shied away from axis wheels, however sounds like thing mya have changed since my last wheel purchase, any other opions, any long term owners?
Old 02-07-2006, 06:01 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Axis is about one step up from Konigs... Yes, they are heavy, but there are worse options out there by far.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:12 AM
amf813

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Axis Hiro's. I recently found a crack in one of the spokes. Axis said it was because I ordered some of the first wheels production wise and they had a bad batch. They sent me 4 new wheels quickly. As long as they don't crack again, I'll be happy. This problem might only pertain to the Hiro's. I haven't heard of any cracking issues with the GTR's.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:14 AM
King Tut

I would put Axis quality slightly below Konig quality. There are multiple reports of Axis Hiro's cracking. It seems that their larger 19"+ size wheels just aren't strong enough to take the abuse of low profile tires on a sports car.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:15 AM
amf813

Tut - I was surprised to hear that Volks don't offer anything but a 1 year warranty....Axis has a lifetime structural warranty.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:24 AM
King Tut

Never seen any Volks have a structural issue to require a warranty. If the wheels were designed properly there would be no structural issues.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:27 AM
King Tut

Axis wheels warranty:

What is the Warranty on my Axis Wheels?
Axis Sport Tuning warrants the first consumer purchaser that its wheels will be free from structural failure as long as the original retail purchaser owns the products. Axis sport Tuning further warrants to the first consumer purchaser that its wheels will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal and use for one year from date of purchase.

Axis Sport Tuning's obligation under this warranty is limited to the repair or, at Axis options, replacement without charge except for transportation, of any wheel which in Axis Sport Tuning's opinion is defective in material or workmanship will be repair by shipping replacement parts to the original selling dealer or distribution for installation.
This warranty shall not apply to:
1. Any defects, malfunction or failure caused by damage to wheels in transit, off-highway use by abuse, misuse, accident or negligence.
2. Wheels that have been altered, repaired, modified or the use of adapters or spacers.
3. Wheels that have been installed with incorrect tire size or used with excessive vehicle loads.
4. Wheels corrosion or cosmetic flaws occurring after the purchase due to chemicals, caustic cleaning agents, climate conditions, or neglect.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:49 AM
thrill350z

yea I'm leaning towards getting the axis GTRs because they're my favorite lookin and perfect for my price range but 2 of the most knowledgable car ppl I kno, one who owns a tire shop still advise against it. guess I gotta try axis out for myself
Old 02-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Chris@DTD

Originally Posted by King Tut
Never seen any Volks have a structural issue to require a warranty. If the wheels were designed properly there would be no structural issues.
That's not quite right. The Hiro's that cracked came out of a batch that all had the flaw. Axis didn't change the design of the wheel to resolve the problem.

It's quite unfair to Axis to even try and compare their product to a VOLK wheel. They are targeted at 2 very different enthusiasts.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:36 AM
G35audioman

Originally Posted by thrill350z
yea I'm leaning towards getting the axis GTRs because they're my favorite lookin and perfect for my price range but 2 of the most knowledgable car ppl I kno, one who owns a tire shop still advise against it. guess I gotta try axis out for myself
I think you'll be fine. AXIS is a decent company with an overall good reputation. I know several people using axis wheels without a single problem.

Just remember, every wheel has it's problems...even volks.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:40 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The quality is appropriate for a $350 wheel. Nor the best to be found, but not the poorest either.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:15 PM
bk836

davidv,

you got a pic of your ride you can post? new to the area west of b-more in my 05 IP G35 and always looking at local rides for ideas.