Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Smoke from wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Cozmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoke from wheels

I was crusin around today, gorgeous weather in the northeast....i was beatin on my car, drivin it kinda hard around town and theres alot of traffic in my town....not a city like philadelphia or somethin like that but some enviorment, town with one way roads and alot of traffic and such....

anyways i beatin on my car and there was alot of traffic like i said so it was alot of stop and go. after i get back to my place i get out and see smoke comin from my wheels...white smoke and it didnt smell like clutch, i know what the smells like....atleast i dont think it was. could it be the breaks or more likely the clutch from beatin on it or what do u guys think?
Old 03-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Emergency brake still engaged?
Old 03-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Cozmo

definately not. i woulda noticed that since i was drivin around for about a half hour lol....

again it didnt smell like clutch....if anything i think it might have been my brakes cause before i pulled into my apartment complex i was rippin it up down the street and had to break hard to turn into the complex....but i want to hear your thoughts..
Old 03-30-2006, 01:28 PM
bOmberO_Z

You have to understand, yes we drive a sports car, but it's not a drifting car from the factory, or a nascar. If you're going to abuse it, do it far and inbetween. Even better, upgrade that parts on your car so you can do it whenever.
To answer your question, it might have been your brakes, that sounds about right. Unless it was oil from the oil pan, but you said it was coming from the wheels. Anyways, be careful...
Old 03-30-2006, 01:29 PM
pingbling23

Did you wash your car before you went driving around? Could be water hitting your brakes?
Old 03-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

+1, maybe you hit a puddle before you saw the smoke?
Old 03-30-2006, 01:36 PM
Cozmo

this was white ish smoke. water would have been like steam i would think. plus PA is BONE dry today so i dont think that could have been it unless i ran through a puddle of someone washin their car lol. i think i might have just been driving it and braking it too hard....thanks for the replies