Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

'03 Track wheels + spacers + bigger tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 08:35 PM
boogiemyke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 Track wheels + spacers + bigger tires

Well, they're done. I've got my spacers and tires on and just wanted to share pics for whoever was following this thread.

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=41198

Spacers:
I originally ordered some H&R spacers from Performance Nissan, but it turned-out that they didn't have them in-stock. After I ordered them "express" and didn't receive them the next day, I called and they graciously informed me that they wouldn't have them until next week. Then after I asked that they cancel the order, they said, "Ok...you'll probably get a credit back." I then said "Probably????" They then confirmed that I would get a credit within 72 hours.

So, in searching for some spacers, I came across Ichiba. They make hubcentric spacers for the Z as well, and they are less expensive than the H&R's. I inquired and receive a prompt response in both PM and a phone call. They were extremely helpful and expedited an over-night order I needed.

I went with 15mm for the front (245/40/18) and 20mm for the rears(275/40/18). The spacers are of VERY HIGH QUALITY. They fit perfectly and I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone going this route.

Here are some shots of the car with the spacers on. I'm not at home right now, so I don't have the "before" shots, but I'll update when I get back next week.

Overall, I'm VERY happy with the spacing on the wheels. It brings them out as I think Nissan should've done in the first place. No rubbing or anything of the sort.

One thing I do recommend, is to re-tighten them after a short period of driving. I had to drive 300 miles right after I put these on and found-out (story to come) that they due tend to "settle" a little. Meaning, when you replace the studs, you'll need to tighten them a little more as they settle into place.

Rear

Right rear

Right front

Left side
Old 06-24-2006, 08:36 PM
boogiemyke

Oh.......wait a second!!!!! Where's the left front tire????

Ahhhhh...there it is.

But how is the car being held-up????

Oooooooohhh...NICE WHEELS!!!!!

Yeah......so........THIS:

is what happens when you don't tighten THIS!!!!!!!!!!

STUPID FREAKING DISCOUNT TIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Idiots didn't tighten down my valve stems after putting the tires on. So, at about 175miles into my trip, I notice my car is pulling to the left and kinda shaking a little. :hmm: So, I pull over thinking that maybe I just need to re-tighten my lugs because of the studs. NO! MY TIRE IS FLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAATTTT!!!!!!! I'm almost 200 miles from where I was and 150 miles from where I need to be with a 2 day old flat tire. I stopped at a truck place and these good 'ol boys were kind enough to help me out. At first I thought I ran over something, but then the guy found that the piece on the valve stem was just flopping around. He pushed on it and air came out. He put a little air in it so I could pull back to the shop and the could fill it all the way up. Well, when they did that, I had already ran too long with it too flat and the sidewall started bulging like it was gonna pop. So, since everything closes at 2pm (?????) on Saturday in the middle of nowhere, I had to drive the remaining 150 miles with the cruise control set at 50mph. My normal 4.5 hour drive turned into a 6 hour drive.

I called Discount tire as soon as I left the truck repair place and they said the closest store was 125 miles in the opposite direction I was going. They said I could go purchase another tire and they would reimburse me when I get back into town. OH GEE THANKS!!!!!!!!

So, now I'm up in Arkansas in a small town where EVERYTHING goes through Wal-mart. I've got an interview on Monday, along with some other things and then I need to head back to Texas. During that time, I either need to go to Wal-mart and hope they have a tire for me, or just plan on driving 50 mph for 300 miles.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:40 PM
boogiemyke

I'll post better pics once I get home.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:24 PM
ZZtopp

Be careful...275 may be too wide for that rear wheel.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:59 AM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good, I can't stand that space either, maybe my next mod How much did you get the spacers for ?
Old 06-25-2006, 07:08 AM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

Spacers are around 100 bucks for a pair........

To the thread starter....can you tell me how difficult it is to replace the old studs with the new ones?
Old 06-25-2006, 08:34 AM
PDX_Racer

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

275s are perfect for the rear track wheels.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:16 AM
wldkatz03

i am a bit leary on 275's on a 8.5 wheel...isn't this a bit big? I'm not entirely sure but if it fits and no problems...awesome!!! Please keep us posted on this...I'd consider this too if it works! Sweet set up...how much did you spend on your spacers?
Old 06-25-2006, 10:37 AM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

read the thread ^^^^
Old 06-25-2006, 11:02 AM
boogiemyke

Originally Posted by mario60185
To the thread starter....can you tell me how difficult it is to replace the old studs with the new ones?

It's not extremely difficult. You just pound the old studs out and widdle the new ones into position. I then used the lugnuts to tighten them down enough so they would stay in place. Then, when I tighten them on the wheel, they are pulled in the rest of the way. It took about 2 hours to finish.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:11 PM
wldkatz03

Originally Posted by mario60185
read the thread ^^^^
I'm sorry my question was directed to the thread starter...i wanted to know how much he got his for from Ichiba...did you buy from them too and that's why you say they were around 100?
Old 06-25-2006, 03:32 PM
mario60185
Chicago Realtor

Theres a link in his first post to the website.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:43 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boogiemyke
I'll post better pics once I get home.
bumpo for 3/4 view pics.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:01 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by PDX_Racer
275s are perfect for the rear track wheels.
Perfect, huh? Guess again, Einstein.

This is from the Michelin site...PS2's....the recommended rim width for the 275 tires are 9-11"...not 8.5. Quit giving out potentially dangerous advice (the tire can easily lose the bead during an aggressive move), especially when you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

275/35ZR18 95Y RRBL 85356 9.0 - 11.0 10.9 on 9.5 25.6 10.0 814 1521@51
275/35ZR18 95Y MO RRBL 94902 9.0 - 11.0 10.9 on 9.5 25.6 10.0 814 1521@

Last edited by ZZtopp; 06-25-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:48 PM
boogiemyke

I'm still out of town and running on a spare. I'll get better pics when I get home Tuesday. I think I'm going to have Discount replace ALL my tires. When I finally got here, EVERY valve stem was loose and I was around 20 psi on all my tires. I don't want these tires anymore knowing that there has been abnormal wear within the first 175 miles. I'm going to try and get them to replace them with the GY F1 D3's instead. They're a little cheaper and I think more of a high performance than these Pilot A/S. These A/S grip good, but they are really mushy with the responsiveness. I feel as though I've lost a little intimacy with the road with these.

ZZ is right. The recommended rim width is 9.0" for minimum. I'm not telling anyone to go with the setup I chose, so do this (tire width) at your own risk.

I purchased the spacers from Ichiba.com at the prices they have listed on the site.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found the prices, 15mm=$99 20mm=$109 www.ichibausa.com

Looks good btw, but I'd be careful w/ those rears~

Good mod tho, seriously, the stock wheels are waaay to tucked in
Old 06-25-2006, 09:33 PM
ichibausa

Originally Posted by bugsbbunny
Looks good, I can't stand that space either, maybe my next mod How much did you get the spacers for ?
www.ichibausa.com
Old 06-25-2006, 09:35 PM
ichibausa

Well, they're done. I've got my spacers and tires on and just wanted to share pics for whoever was following this thread.

http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=41198

Spacers:
I originally ordered some H&R spacers from Performance Nissan, but it turned-out that they didn't have them in-stock. After I ordered them "express" and didn't receive them the next day, I called and they graciously informed me that they wouldn't have them until next week. Then after I asked that they cancel the order, they said, "Ok...you'll probably get a credit back." I then said "Probably????" They then confirmed that I would get a credit within 72 hours.

So, in searching for some spacers, I came across Ichiba. They make hubcentric spacers for the Z as well, and they are less expensive than the H&R's. I inquired and receive a prompt response in both PM and a phone call. They were extremely helpful and expedited an over-night order I needed.

I went with 15mm for the front (245/40/18) and 20mm for the rears(275/40/18). The spacers are of VERY HIGH QUALITY. They fit perfectly and I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone going this route.

Here are some shots of the car with the spacers on. I'm not at home right now, so I don't have the "before" shots, but I'll update when I get back next week.

Overall, I'm VERY happy with the spacing on the wheels. It brings them out as I think Nissan should've done in the first place. No rubbing or anything of the sort.

One thing I do recommend, is to re-tighten them after a short period of driving. I had to drive 300 miles right after I put these on and found-out (story to come) that they due tend to "settle" a little. Meaning, when you replace the studs, you'll need to tighten them a little more as they settle into place.
Hope you enjoy your ride man!
Old 06-29-2006, 07:43 PM
Ichigo

I'm still out of town and running on a spare. I'll get better pics when I get home Tuesday. I think I'm going to have Discount replace ALL my tires. When I finally got here, EVERY valve stem was loose and I was around 20 psi on all my tires. I don't want these tires anymore knowing that there has been abnormal wear within the first 175 miles. I'm going to try and get them to replace them with the GY F1 D3's instead. They're a little cheaper and I think more of a high performance than these Pilot A/S. These A/S grip good, but they are really mushy with the responsiveness. I feel as though I've lost a little intimacy with the road with these.

ZZ is right. The recommended rim width is 9.0" for minimum. I'm not telling anyone to go with the setup I chose, so do this (tire width) at your own risk.

I purchased the spacers from Ichiba.com at the prices they have listed on the site.
Do you think some of the lost "intimacy" with the road might be a result of the spacers? Maybe the result of the tires deflating with every revolution?. Or did you have those spacers on prior to the new tires. I was thinking of replacing the stock tires with the michelins....

Last edited by Ichigo; 06-29-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:44 PM
boogiemyke

Originally Posted by scuba_steve
Do you think some of the lost "intimacy" with the road might be a result of the spacers? Maybe the result of the tires deflating with every revolution?. Or did you have those spacers on prior to the new tires. I was thinking of replacing the stock tires with the michelins....
No, it was definitely the Pilot A/S that was the issue. I have the GY's on now and it feels like it should. Nice and responsive like it used to be. I DO NOT recommend Michelin Pilot Sport A/S for anyone that needs the car to be responsive. They may be better in the winter months, but they were just too mushy for my taste.

Quick Reply: '03 Track wheels + spacers + bigger tires