Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006 | 07:33 PM
alassing

Default Will this offset work / clear big brake kit upgrade

Guys,

Found a wheel, here's the size:
19" (20mm Front/25 mm Rear Offset)
19x8.5 F / 19x9.5 R

Wanting to know if these would be ok / would work on my Z along with a big brake kit upgrade. Anyone know?

Also would I need to get a camber kit of any kind? I am going to drop the car with TEIN Basic Coilovers. I don’t know how much yet. I'm gonna experiment with them once their on the car.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-29-2006 | 02:04 AM
Red Dragon

They will depending on the size of the front lip. 2.5 front lip will not clear. If you front lip is 2 inches or smaller your good my man!! Hope this helped
Old 08-29-2006 | 09:13 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Offset has nothing to do with big brake clearance...

You have to look at if it is a HIGH PAD / MID PAD or LOW PAD wheel...

There are wheels with 6" lip that will clear a BBK and ones with NO LIP that will not...
Old 08-29-2006 | 09:38 AM
Red Dragon

Of course offset has to do with it. He said he has a 20mm front. Depending on the style of the wheel will determine wether it would fit. I guarantee if his front wheel has a 4 inch lip with a straight spoke it will not fit. If he has the same wheel with a 2 inch lip it will clear all day. Its all in style and how they made the wheel to determine if it will fit. Trust me.
Old 08-29-2006 | 10:40 AM
tHisZ_bFAST

Originally Posted by Red Dragon
Of course offset has to do with it. He said he has a 20mm front. Depending on the style of the wheel will determine wether it would fit. I guarantee if his front wheel has a 4 inch lip with a straight spoke it will not fit. If he has the same wheel with a 2 inch lip it will clear all day. Its all in style and how they made the wheel to determine if it will fit. Trust me.
GTC's offer a 19x9.5 +21 and a 19x9.5 +22. Offset is only off by 1mm but only 1 will clear big brakes. So offset has nothing to do with brake clearance.

The only thing offset has to do with brake clearance is if the wheel manufacturer made his particular wheel in a +20 high pad. But we don't know that. We don't know what wheel he has or whether or not it's a high pad wheel. Unless you physically put the wheel on the car with a big brake kit you will not know 100%.

I suggest you contact the wheel manufacturer and ask them if its a high pad. If they can't tell you..then maybe you shouldn't buy that wheel.
Old 08-29-2006 | 06:15 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Red Dragon

Pad Height / or Disc Height...

Some wheel manufacturers have various pad height's available...

Like mentioned above...

Volk has sometimes 3 different pad heights for some of there wheels as well as 2 different faces contours with some models...

MOST wheel designs follow the rule, lower the pad / larger the lip... but there are some that have large lips with a high pad... depends on the wheel design... etc...