Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Will these tires fit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 08:21 PM
DaveE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will these tires fit?

I'm getting Blizzaks from a friend and want to put them on my Z this winter (to hopefully get through a Michigan winter). They're 225/40/18's. Will these fit on stock rims (I'll have an '06 touring)...

Oh, and he says he's used them for a few winters (on an RX-8) but doesn't have that many miles on them. What's a good way to check and see if they're worn out? Does the standard "penny test" work with Blizzaks?

Thanks...
Old 08-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveE
I'm getting Blizzaks from a friend and want to put them on my Z this winter (to hopefully get through a Michigan winter). They're 225/40/18's. Will these fit on stock rims (I'll have an '06 touring)...

Oh, and he says he's used them for a few winters (on an RX-8) but doesn't have that many miles on them. What's a good way to check and see if they're worn out? Does the standard "penny test" work with Blizzaks?

Thanks...
You shouldnt have any fitment problems. But if he has used them for several winters, I would really check them over to see how worn they are. You will see that the Blizzaks have a special tread compound that is only about 1/2 of the tread depth. If you only see 1 layer of tread (I believe that a snowflake pattern shows once its past the first tread), then its already worn. The first layer is the one that is very good regarding the winter traction. The remaining tread is a standard tire compound.