Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Discount Tire Co....Irritated....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:29 AM
SweetDreamZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discount Tire Co....Irritated....

Ok, just here to rant a lil bit...

I just got back from Discount Tire Company. First off...tires are freakin expensive on this car! I'm a lil over $1k poorer now....after putting the Pilot Sport HX MXM4s all around on my Z. So...as if that wasn't bad enough...i show up to pick the car up...and the guy takes me outside to show me that they have scuffed(nice way to put it) two of my rims. By scuffed...i mean taken the clear coat off around the outter edge of the rim on one....and then scraped up by the lugnuts on the other. i'm thinking...ok...so you not only messed up one tire, but then felt the need to make the other match? You are a tire warehouse...you do the same thing day in and day out....shouldn't you be able to do this. so they only offer to take 100 bucks off my bill or to fix the rims. Well...at least they offered to do something about it...and were upfront about this issue. So, monday they are supposed to repair the rims...we'll see how good of a job their guy does. And then i'll either be really pissed...or, hopefully, happier. So after this mess...i get a mile down the road, and my TPMS comes up saying that the front tires are at 32 and 36 PSI and the rears are at 31 and 39 PSI. Ok...wtf...you messed up the rims...oops...accidents happen. To top it off you can't put air in the tires right? Maybe i should have just installed them myself...ahhhh

ok, end of rant...i'm done for now....

Last edited by SweetDreamZ; 10-06-2006 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:01 PM
A Spec Products
Banned

Sometimes the major tire chains face these kind of issues for whatever reasons, high turnover rates, inexperienced employees, etc.

Try to look for the specialty shops, who are used to doing the higher end type wheels day in and day out.

Also, don't skimp on price. Sometimes my customers will get a set of high end wheels and then try to find those $5/wheel shops and wonder why their wheels got damaged.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:26 PM
SweetDreamZ

i definitely wasn't going to them to skimp in price. They are supposed to be a good place here in town. I hear ya on the inexperienced employees part. Oh well, on a side note, the car is now a completely different animal. Drives completely different...so much more smooth. The old tires were down to the belts basically...so i feel a hugeeee difference now. So far i'm happy w/ the tires...we'll have to see how the do in rain/snow though before i'm sure
Old 10-06-2006, 08:26 PM
filanj
Banned

i've never heard anything good about them... keyword..discount
Old 10-07-2006, 08:45 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

A tire shop that will care for your wheels is difficult to find. Chain shops do one thing well: they are fast.
Old 10-07-2006, 03:09 PM
lowrider

I have nothing but good things to say about them. Yesterday I put new tires on my wife's Camry and my Truck. My car will be due in about 1K miles. My tires are already sitting on the shelf waiting for me.

Lou
Old 10-07-2006, 10:14 PM
InSaNeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope they are able to make them look like new or reimburse you.
If they can't make them look like new I would demand new wheels.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:46 PM
styles

LOL that seriously sucks. hope they fix it up good.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:35 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

sucks to hear about your misfortune. Godd news is that Discount is very good about getting your wheels refurbished.. It's an inconvenience, but they'll take of it though. Good luck. BTW, I'd get rid of the sensors. They are nothing but trouble, especially on aftermarket wheels.