Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

Hmm... I got NO wheels >.<!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 11:42 AM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those thieves are good. The fact that they would have the ***** to do it in a public parking lot and in the middle of the day. WOW! Maybe it was some of your friends playing a prank? Glad you didnt have aftermarket on there cuz that would have majorly sucked p$nis.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:05 PM
jamnew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak
either thas a bad joke or your a dick. ive seen quite a few cars left on blocks here in DC.
+1 on that. I thought leaving the stock rims on would discourage the thieves, apparently not. Are stock rims numbered? Let's hope these jack***es out smart themselves and try to sell them on ebay.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:06 PM
CervanteZ

You have to be the most cool/calm dude I've ever seen on here. Some guys come on my350z and blow a gasket because another fellow z didn't wave at them. I'd be losing it at this point, but then again, imagine what you can get with the insurance money... and why in the hell (besides moral value which I have none) would you say you had stocks? I'd say I had some spinners(die 4 anyone that does) or something expensive.
These guys have to be part of a nascar crew to work this fast. Either that, or they've been waiting.
By the by, really sorry for your loss, but I foresee this pics with a big a$$ "pwned" in the future, very distant future that is.

P.S. I'm not trying to be a d!ck.

Last edited by CervanteZ; 10-26-2006 at 12:24 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:35 PM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vamos_Rafael
well...
i parked in the middle of the lot...
and there r definately ppl going in and out...
so... i figure criminals either had special tools or some thing...
b/c impact tools in the middle of an parking lot like that would make too much noise
Not Really, Black and Decker makes a Cordless Impact Gun that is low Noise, and has enough torqe / power to easily remove 20 Lug nuts in under 2 Minutes.

One Guy Starts taking off nuts while the other jacks up one side of the car with a Large Floor Type Jack. Takes about 5 Pulls of the handle and throws two blocks under it, The wheels are loose by then and both come off.
Throw them in the back of the truck, Release the jack and you are on the other side of the car in less than 2 minutes, (Less than 1 if your crew is quick). So 2-4 Minutes and its done and your gone.

4 Blocks = Free if you steal them, about $8 if you buy them.
Large Floor Jack = $80
Cordless Impact Gun = $50
Socket Set = $30

So for less than the cost of a hooker, you too can be a pimpin' wheel theif.

Last edited by sq40; 10-26-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:44 PM
jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with locknuts though you'll need the lock key socket, or have to smash slightly smaller deepwell sockets into all the nuts...That ends up being a loud process.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:53 PM
ramega4

You have to be careful in new jersey especially at malls....I got my eclipse stolen at the garden state plaza and my nissan emblem stolen from the same mall.....
Old 10-26-2006, 12:57 PM
imonlykidden

holy **** that is menlo mall parking lot.

being a Dirty Jerzian myself...i know what kinda things go on. sorry about your rims.
wtf...haha...poor car!!
so how did you eventually get it out of the parking deck?

i think a shocking alarm system is in order..or just a regular one in general.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:00 PM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jtabraham
with locknuts though you'll need the lock key socket, or have to smash slightly smaller deepwell sockets into all the nuts...That ends up being a loud process.
Not at all. You can get a Universal Nut Removal Tool. It is basically a socket with reverse threads on the inside of it in a descending conical shape. You just put it on your impact tool and shove it over the head of the nut and you will have it out in about the same time as removing a regular nut.

Here is a pair for $16

http://www.amazon.com/CTA-Manufactur.../dp/B0007N201M

Last edited by sq40; 10-26-2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Vertex350

Keep an eye out on Ebay or your local classifieds for someone selling these. They might be dumb enough to post them. Stealing is usually a crime of opportunity... so be aware.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:22 PM
jtabraham

Originally Posted by sq40
Not at all. You can get a Universal Nut Removal Tool. It is basically a socket with reverse threads on the inside of it in a descending conical shape. You just put it on your impact tool and shove it over the head of the nut and you will have it out in about the same time as removing a regular nut.

Here is a pair for $16

http://www.amazon.com/CTA-Manufactur.../dp/B0007N201M

HOLY ****!! I had no idea they made something like that so readily available! DAMN YOU CTA MANUFACTURING!
Old 10-26-2006, 01:27 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
I don't think anybody stole his wheels. What wheel thief carries around some cinder blocks to leave the car on? When your wheels get stolen, your car is left on the ground - unless you have some gentlemen thieves in the neighborhood.

Dave, I don't know you personally, but I've never seen you post something as cold blooded as this. WTF man.

For the record, I've known plenty of people whose wheels have been stolen. Cinder blocks are in fact the preferred method of crooks.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:34 PM
microd

Most of the cars I've seen that have had their wheels stolen... have been left on blocks (I seen a few unfortunately -- like a friend of mine who bought some new wheels for his CRX and got them jacked from his apartment car port a while back).

Plus... dudes got at least two black and whites there... so if he's faking it (riiiiiight) the police are prolly gonna give him some **** about that.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Damn Jvan, looks like even strangers dont like you. I have some 17's you can have.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:37 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

My sincere apologies to Vamos_Rafael.

When I read his initial posts, I though for sure it was a joke and that he would be posting back later with pictures of his new replacment wheels, something a whole lot better than stock.

It all looked too neat - car thieves (at least the one that got me years ago) don't usually bother with putting it neatly on blocks. I see cars all the time in the seedier part of town with no wheels - sitting flat on the ground.

My experience involved coming out my apartment to find my 280Z leaning on the front right brake disk. Thief used a 2X4 and a brick as a fulcrum. Took the lug nuts off then put the 2x4 under the side of the car then bounced it up and down a few times till the wheel fell off. Let the car down and walked away with a free wheel. (At least that's what the cop told me they usually do). The up-side was that I was able to step on the 2x4 to get the car up enough to get a jack under it.

Again, I didn't mean to insult Vamos_Rafael, I truly though he was playing a joke on us.

Last edited by DavesZ#3; 10-26-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:43 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak
either thas a bad joke or your a dick. ive seen quite a few cars left on blocks here in DC.
I assume you mean "you're" or "you are", right? Yes, it's a bad joke. If I wanted to be a dick I'd invoke TOU rule #10 "Any insults or harassments towards staff members will result in instant banishment."
Old 10-26-2006, 02:47 PM
rkd350z

thats ****ed up...man..
I hope you feel better..
Old 10-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Vamos_Rafael

My sincere apologies to Vamos_Rafael.
Again, I didn't mean to insult Vamos_Rafael, I truly though he was playing a joke on us.
Man...
after getting interogated by the police ( about 7 edison township cops and 5 mall security officers) for like 3 hours and then interogated by my insurance agency over the phone and I will be interogated AGAIN by insurance adjusters ...
i'd rather die before i play this joke ...
Old 10-26-2006, 03:17 PM
lightner22

I don't think anybody stole his wheels. What wheel thief carries around some cinder blocks to leave the car on? When your wheels get stolen, your car is left on the ground - unless you have some gentlemen thieves in the neighborhood.
Didn't read through the entire thread to see if anyone replied to your post but you're absolutely wrong. Auto theft/theft from auto is out of control in the county where I work...i've been called out on hundreds in the past few years. A large percentage of the time the cars are left on blocks/milkcrates etc. This is easier and much quicker for the theives...one guy can jack the car and place blocks while a 2nd pulls the wheels and a third is the lookout. Cars are left on the brake rotors as well but its 50/50 at best...more weighted towards left on blocks.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:23 PM
lightner22

Originally Posted by solidsnake
Those thieves are good. The fact that they would have the ***** to do it in a public parking lot and in the middle of the day. WOW! Maybe it was some of your friends playing a prank? Glad you didnt have aftermarket on there cuz that would have majorly sucked p$nis.
They don't have to be "good." It's just that quick for these lowlifes. I've responded to a call for a group of 3-4 trying to steal wheels off of a car...saw the car but no thieves...wheels still on it. After patrolling the apartment complex with 4 other officers for a few minutes we left for another call. Within 2 minutes we got return call saying they were back. We all turned around just in time to see them cross the line into DC leaving the car up on blocks less the brand new 20's. Its just that quick.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:42 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by lightner22
They don't have to be "good." It's just that quick for these lowlifes. I've responded to a call for a group of 3-4 trying to steal wheels off of a car...saw the car but no thieves...wheels still on it. After patrolling the apartment complex with 4 other officers for a few minutes we left for another call. Within 2 minutes we got return call saying they were back. We all turned around just in time to see them cross the line into DC leaving the car up on blocks less the brand new 20's. Its just that quick.
u'd expect nordstroms to be expensive enough for low lifes to not cause any trouble

Quick Reply: Hmm... I got NO wheels >.<!