jtabraham

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nothingremains
learn to park..
What kind of douchebag reply is that?
Old 10-27-2006, 05:24 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

insurance adjuster still have not called me ...
Old 10-27-2006, 05:25 AM
nothingremains

well its the truth...
Old 10-27-2006, 05:25 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

learn to park..
WTF dude??? Thats not a cool thing to say..
Old 10-27-2006, 05:31 AM
jtabraham

well its the truth...
how does parking in a certain way make you any less susceptible to theft? We've already heard of people parking near entranceways, under lights, in high traffic areas, yet they still got hit by thieves...so why don't you enlighten us?
Old 10-27-2006, 06:07 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jtabraham
how does parking in a certain way make you any less susceptible to theft? We've already heard of people parking near entranceways, under lights, in high traffic areas, yet they still got hit by thieves...so why don't you enlighten us?
I think the only thing you can do is park along a wall, but someone might still take your other two wheels.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:21 AM
nothingremains

no i mean how he parked in two spaces..
Old 10-27-2006, 06:22 AM
chimmike

he double parked. That alone could **** someone off enough to call their friend and say "oh dude just come get the wheels off this red z. you can't miss it, it's red and double parked"

and if what he says is true and he's near a door, he could've gotten a ticket for double parking.

don't be a douche, park normal

anyways, sucks about the wheels man. I think you'll be able to get good $$ for the stockers from your insurance company.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:25 AM
jtabraham

no i mean how he parked in two spaces..

wow, i never even noticed that...

and all this time, I thought you were just trying to be a dick...lol
Old 10-27-2006, 06:47 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually, Double Parking could have not only singled his car out, but made it much easier for the theives to get the wheels off of it. It is much better to have 6 feed of space on each side of the car than it is to only have 2 feet if you want to get the wheels off in a hurry.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:59 AM
lightner22

Originally Posted by Vamos_Rafael
u'd expect nordstroms to be expensive enough for low lifes to not cause any trouble
You (being a good person) would definitely expect that. They probably just think Nordstrom = nicer cars to hit. They aren't going to just steal from the Sears parking lot when higher end cars are just on the other end of a parking lot. As sad as it is, a bad area is a bad area.
The sector I work has some of the worst ghetto that extends over from SE DC (Anacostia and Simple City for example). It also has nice middle class neighborhoods and is within 5 miles of new $800,000-1.5Million homes. A normal thought is that a more expensive area is safer to live, but its not always the case. A lot of times that much money too close to a high crime area is very dangerous because it is far too tempting to those without morals and well within their grasp.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:08 AM
lightner22

Parking near entrance ways also makes getting away easier and quicker after they steal your wheels. Parking near a high traffic area means they will more likely be seen, but they were probably in a stolen car and are more than willing to run...so being seen doesn't bother them. If someone wants your wheels and are willing to steal, they are going to take them...period.
Aside from that, in high crime areas alot of people won't come forward to confront thieves...or even care enough to call police. If someone does see them, it is likely that they may just walk right past. Never underestimate the power of the "at least it didn't happen to me" mindset. It's sad how apathetic and afraid America has become.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:40 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by chimmike
he double parked. That alone could **** someone off enough to call their friend and say "oh dude just come get the wheels off this red z. you can't miss it, it's red and double parked"

and if what he says is true and he's near a door, he could've gotten a ticket for double parking.

don't be a douche, park normal

anyways, sucks about the wheels man. I think you'll be able to get good $$ for the stockers from your insurance company.
Exactly. How many times have we seen posts here from people who've had their cars vandalized in which they took multiple parking spaces or parked some place they probably shouldn't have? You have to be careful about being careful because there are small-penised individuals out there who will go out of their way to screw you. Stuff like that just draws attention to your car.

Disclaimer: I'm not directing these comments at Vamos_Rafael. This is something that everybody needs to heed.

Last edited by DavesZ#3; 10-27-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:44 AM
Cambelsoop

Originally Posted by kidg35
wow that sucks. maybe someone was pissed you took up two spots?

hahaha i was thinkign the same thing..

either way thats effd up sorry man
Old 10-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Laujik

lets start a new topic! what would you do if you caught them? =D
Old 10-27-2006, 09:10 AM
ctwentytwo

I just got cold chills.. damn... looking at Z's on blocks looks like a rape scene out of a Miike movie. Surreal, and frickin chilling. Damn I got goose bumps. I think I'll look into getting those Kics R26/R40 or something, at least it'll deter some of the potential crooks, not all with those wheel lock removers.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:25 AM
plastiketa

Originally Posted by ctwentytwo
I just got cold chills.. damn... looking at Z's on blocks looks like a rape scene out of a Miike movie. Surreal, and frickin chilling. Damn I got goose bumps. I think I'll look into getting those Kics R26/R40 or something, at least it'll deter some of the potential crooks, not all with those wheel lock removers.
are the wheels locks for KICs all the same or do they have a few variations?
Old 10-27-2006, 09:40 AM
TheCajunStyle

In Boston, I knew some people who were literally followed by the thieves while driving through the city streets on the way to/from the grocery store. They double parked to bring the groceries up to their apartments and upon returning found that their windows were smashed out and $2,000 worth of stereo equipment stolen. Their electrical system was shorted out (so no car alarm was going off). Amps/subs ripped right out of the car. Right in the middle of the busiest streets. Thieves have *****. Pretty sad that their are full time thieves out there capable of pulling off such jobs. What's even more sad are the Joe Citizens who turn a blind eye towards a crime. In a busy mall parking lot how could no one notice such a crime being committed to Ramos' car? I'm sure plenty of people noticed--but "if it's not their problem, then it's no one's problem." So sad that no one even got a plate#.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Vamos_Rafael

insurance adjuster comes monday 12-2PM ^^
i might just order wheels now...
hahaha...
Old 10-27-2006, 06:22 PM
FastZ33

R U Serious..........wtff

Quick Reply: Hmm... I got NO wheels >.<!