Notices
Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

What is so bad about ADR?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 12:57 PM
350Zwannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Copies!!!!

Almost ALL wheel companies bite off one another's designs. IT's normal in the wheel biz. Sh*t look at Iforged compared to HRE's and everyone is buying Iforged $700 wheels each. I've owned TSW's back in the days and I have owned Iforged 3 piece wheels as well and NEVER bent a wheel. I have hit potholes, ditches etc....
Old 04-24-2003, 01:01 PM
MATIX

Default Re: Copies!!!!

Originally posted by 350Zwannabe
Almost ALL wheel companies bite off one another's designs. IT's normal in the wheel biz. Sh*t look at Iforged compared to HRE's and everyone is buying Iforged $700 wheels each. I've owned TSW's back in the days and I have owned Iforged 3 piece wheels as well and NEVER bent a wheel. I have hit potholes, ditches etc....
i have yet to see volk steal a design from anohter wheel maker...and besides, my main point is that volks ARE lighter and stronger than ADR's
Old 04-24-2003, 01:10 PM
350Zwannabe

Default Lighter and stronger

We all know Volks are lighter and stronger. Anything Forged is stronger and lighter. If you can read you will notice I said ALMOST ALL wheel companies. OH and by the way, isn't the SF Winning design just like the CLASSIC and ORIGINAL BBS RX and RX2 and LM?????????????????????????? Everyone has copied that gorgeous design! But yes your right Volk is pretty original. WOW!
Old 04-24-2003, 01:41 PM
MATIX

Default Re: Lighter and stronger

We all know Volks are lighter and stronger. Anything Forged is stronger and lighter. If you can read you will notice I said ALMOST ALL wheel companies. OH and by the way, isn't the SF Winning design just like the CLASSIC and ORIGINAL BBS RX and RX2 and LM?????????????????????????? Everyone has copied that gorgeous design! But yes your right Volk is pretty original. WOW!
volk got the sf winning design by making the original volk winning wheel into a 2-piece rim....the BBS and Volks are both mesh style rims, but volk didnt copy the design.
Attached Thumbnails What is so bad about ADR?-bbsvolk.jpg  
Old 04-24-2003, 02:26 PM
HXS

Default my $0.02...

BASICALLY, this is just what it comes down to...
just like any other thing you can buy, let's say, cell phones, shoes, jewelry, etc.,

the more you pay, the better the quality. PERIOD

kapiche?
comprende?

it doesn't have anything to do with copying or what not...
Old 04-24-2003, 02:49 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

exactly, some want the best, for that there are various companies with sub20lb forged rims.

others dont. you can dream of a future car, some will live for the moment, take what they have and make the best of it. I guess I should just stop modding now since that damn ferrari is still faster.

anyway, I expressed what I had to say in my last post, but dont bash those with forged rims as wasting money, you come off sounding a bit jealous.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:21 PM
350zroadster

Default Re: my $0.02...

Originally posted by hardy
just like any other thing you can buy, let's say, cell phones, shoes, jewelry, etc.,

kapiche?
comprende?

Also remember that most people aren't buying these rims to race on a track, just to look nice. If you wanted to race, you're better off getting 17" racing rims. The strength and durability really isn't an issue. Not to mention no matter how tough the rims are, a pot hole can ruin it. I plan to get cheap rims with same width F and R, later on if I want race, I would buy better rims.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:21 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Lighter and stronger

Originally posted by MATIX
volk got the sf winning design by making the original volk winning wheel into a 2-piece rim....the BBS and Volks are both mesh style rims, but volk didnt copy the design.
Why don't you swing from Volk's nuts a little more?

Great....you love your Volk rims...you don't have to be so fanboy about it. You don't have to sit here tell us how wonderful they are.

You like the MORE EXPENSIVE rims beacause they are supposedly original, lighter and stronger...if I thought the same way you do...I'd have a Z06 vette...so why did you "settle" for the "cheaper" Z when you could have splurged and gotten the Vette....or an M3 or a 911 Carerra, etc. etc......think about that and you'll realize where I'm coming from on the rims.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:32 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Default Re: my $0.02...

Originally posted by hardy

kapiche?
comprende?

That is so not true. If you really believe that paying more always means that you get better quality than you are really smoking some good stuff.

How about this comparison....

A Lexus GS430 runs right about 48 grand MSRP
A Mercedes E500 runs right about 57 grand MSRP

The Lexus beats the Mercedes in a straight line, in the corners, in braking, in interior decible level, in interior quality, and in reliability.

So now tell me again...what are you getting that's "higher quality" in the Mercedes for the near 10 grand premium that you'll spend on it?

Price isn't everything bud.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:56 PM
MATIX

Default Re: Re: Re: Lighter and stronger

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
Why don't you swing from Volk's nuts a little more?

Great....you love your Volk rims...you don't have to be so fanboy about it. You don't have to sit here tell us how wonderful they are.

You like the MORE EXPENSIVE rims beacause they are supposedly original, lighter and stronger...if I thought the same way you do...I'd have a Z06 vette...so why did you "settle" for the "cheaper" Z when you could have splurged and gotten the Vette....or an M3 or a 911 Carerra, etc. etc......think about that and you'll realize where I'm coming from on the rims.
why dont you swing on my nuts for awhile, stick with yer ADR's and I'll stick wit my Volks...when i really think about it, why should I care if you have shitty rims...just dont knock me for actually wanting to put nice, high quality rims on my car...and just for the record, Volks ARE lighter and stronger than ADR's....so peace out ADR boy, enjoy yer Z and yer ADR's

Last edited by MATIX; 04-24-2003 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:16 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Lighter and stronger

why dont you swing on my nuts for awhile, stick with yer ADR's and I'll stick wit my Volks...when i really think about it, why should I care if you have shitty rims...just dont knock me for actually wanting to put nice, high quality rims on my car...and just for the record, Volks ARE lighter and stronger than ADR's....so peace out ADR boy, enjoy yer Z and yer ADR's

What??? Swing on your nuts?? Do you even have any idea what I was talking about in the first place in this thread? I came on here to share my experiences with these rims. Not to brag about how great my rims are. You obvisouly have a need to talk about how great yours are...maybe you're compensating for something else, who knows. Who are you to say that one rim is "shitty" while another is "high quality"? Are you the rim god or something? Sure Volks are slightly lighter and slightly stronger, but in the real world both those slight differences aren't going to mean jack ****. I haven't EVER bent a rim, and as I said before ANY rim can be bent if you drive like a jackass, doesn't matter if it's forged or not, and forged rims are going to bend under the same circumstances that cast rims do. That's just the fact of it.

So JUST FOR THE RECORD...your opinion is just that....YOUR OPINION...don't talk like you have facts when in fact you have none besides maybe the weight of your rims. You really have no idea if Volk rims are truly "stronger" than ADRs besides what you think you believe.

I'll enjoy my ADR rims and put the extra grand I saved toward the turbo kit I'm going to get. So call me ADR boy all you want...but I'm not the brand-loyal fanboy here...

and BTW it's YOUR not YER.
Old 04-24-2003, 10:34 PM
HXS

Exclamation

So now tell me again...what are you getting that's "higher quality" in the Mercedes for the near 10 grand premium that you'll spend on it?
a european vs. a japanese car (not doggin' on japanese cars here, but some people consider this a big deal...)

Price isn't everything bud.
i said BASICALLY, price almost always counts.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:10 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
Default ok, lets take a deep breathe first !

Hmm, you guys are getting really worked up over this! I think the ADR's look great! I personally purchased HRE 445's and they cost a lot but the bottom line is no matter how much they cost, they are only as good as the degree you like them. I bet there is a bunch of you that don't even like how my wheels look and that is fine. It is all about personal taste. I wish i could have found a wheel i loved a lot cheaper than what i got but for me, I just would have never been happy unless i got the wheels I LIKED.

I think the guy obssesed with the Volks is forgetting that different people have different taste and priorities. I looked at the volks, appreciated them but was not in love with them. Does that mean that your beloved volks are better? Not to me! Lets face it, you could have my wheels and spend a lot of money but if you like the look of volks better than you would not be happy with my HRE's.

I think all of these wheels are going to be strong enough so maybe finish might be a concern but I am not sure. As for weight, how many of you are really running laps for time? I am planning on buying a TT or SC later when all of them come out on the market anyways. If I lost 2 hp from heavier wheels I think that TT will make up for it but I will be slower than the same Z with the same TT that has Volks. I think i can live with the bumper length he will beat me by.

Enjoy all of your wheels guys! Sorry to bag a little on the Volks but actually I am being critical of the attitude about feeling superior having a certain type wheel rather than the wheel type itself. Volks are a good wheel no doubt. Again I think the ADR's look great BTW so if you like them, buy them!

Jeff

Last edited by zland; 04-24-2003 at 11:14 PM.
Old 04-25-2003, 12:17 AM
MATIX

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lighter and stronger

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
So JUST FOR THE RECORD...your opinion is just that....YOUR OPINION...don't talk like you have facts when in fact you have none besides maybe the weight of your rims. You really have no idea if Volk rims are truly "stronger" than ADRs besides what you think you believe.
JUST FOR THE RECORD...forged rims ARE stronger than cast rims, and that is a fact, its not just something i think i believe, and its not an opinion.

Last edited by MATIX; 04-25-2003 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-25-2003, 05:44 AM
350Zwannabe

Default VOLK------G-D??????

OK OK OK boys. We all know Volks are great wheels. WHO CARES? ADR's are a fine wheel as well. Are they less money?Yes. Are they heavier? YES. Are they a hell of alot weaker? Probably not, just a bit. So what? Whatever your taste is and your budget is what will make you happy. IF you just have to get those HRE's and can't live without them then take that extra time to save some $$$ for them. Don't settle.
I personally never found ONE Volk wheel to make me cream in my pants. SO WHAT? I think the TE-37s are very boring looking. When you drive up to a large group of people with TE37s on your ride, people are not going to say WOOOOWWW look at those wheels. Theres no BLING BLING factor. Do I like them yes but I need abit more shine like a fat shiny lip on the SF Winning wheel. Thats the first Volk I really love. Reminds me of my old BBS RX2's except with a fat lip. That of coarse is my opinion. Oh by the way, SF winning is considered a mesh design. Yer her me! EYA EYA!
Old 04-25-2003, 05:56 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lighter and stronger

JUST FOR THE RECORD...forged rims ARE stronger than cast rims, and that is a fact, its not just something i think i believe, and its not an opinion.
ok Mr. Volk fanboy, you go tell everyone you know that you got slightly lighter and stronger rims and you only paid twice as much!!! Sounds like fun!
Old 04-25-2003, 06:03 AM
350Zwannabe

Default BriGuyMax

BriGuyMAx,

Forget about it bro. Let it go. Lets argue about something technical. Lets not sound like children with $10,000 fully built Honda Civic Motors! Get the ADR's there a good looking wheel. Just amke sure the offset is right and you'll be fine bro.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:09 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Default Re: BriGuyMax

BriGuyMAx,

Forget about it bro. Let it go. Lets argue about something technical. Lets not sound like children with $10,000 fully built Honda Civic Motors! Get the ADR's there a good looking wheel. Just amke sure the offset is right and you'll be fine bro.
True, already got all the specs (offset, bolt pattern) that I need.

I'm done with this argument anyway since the other party didn't even respond to most of my points.

Peace
Old 04-25-2003, 06:18 AM
350Zwannabe

He does respond. "There lighter and stronger" everytime. So what. Volks are High quality and certain ADR wheels are hot looking. Whatever makes you happy. You shouldn't have any issues with your new wheels. And if he does respond again with "There lighter and stronger" IGNORE IT!

Damn I have to get those SF Winnings! They are HOT. As long as the offset looks like the INGS Ads I'll be a happy camper.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:05 AM
babyvtluv

Let the broke *** get ADR, only baller can roll with volk. hahaha

Quick Reply: What is so bad about ADR?