Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

What is so bad about ADR?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 11:26 AM
MATIX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lighter and stronger

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
ok Mr. Volk fanboy, you go tell everyone you know that you got slightly lighter and stronger rims and you only paid twice as much!!! Sounds like fun!
lol...no need to exaggerae BriGuy, I didnt pay twice as much...and jsut remember that this whole argument started by you knocking people for wanting high quality rims with yer comment
Originally posted by BriGuyMax
I think some guys are just sore because they took it up the *** and paid over 4 grand for a wheel/tire package.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:55 AM
R1Rider

Ultimately, people should get what looks good to them. Be they Cragars, BBS, iForged, American Racing, HRE, Fiske, etc, etc. If it looks good to you and you can afford it, then get it. No point in all this arguing.
Old 04-26-2003, 11:12 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by babyvtluv
Let the broke *** get ADR, only baller can roll with volk. hahaha
I see that intelligence runs rampant around here.
Old 04-27-2003, 07:08 AM
nychotcop

Here are some wheels that look almost like the Volk GT-C ..they run about $200.00 each for 19x8.5 ..they also come in 19x8 for $195.00...they are made by Katana, model VR-5...heres the link http://www.victoriatire.com/package_...ge%20Specials& ..hey..we all cant afford the real thing
Attached Thumbnails What is so bad about ADR?-katana-vr-5-19x8.5.jpg  
Old 04-27-2003, 07:57 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally posted by nychotcop
Here are some wheels that look almost like the Volk GT-C ..they run about $200.00 each for 19x8.5 ..they also come in 19x8 for $195.00...they are made by Katana, model VR-5...heres the link http://www.victoriatire.com/package_...ge%20Specials& ..hey..we all cant afford the real thing
thing is most of us AREN'T looking for a knockoff rim. I don't frankly like the looks of many Volk rims. It's not that I couldn't afford a set, it's that I really can't justify spending that much on rims and tires at this time. Besides if I was, you wouldn't see me with any Volks on my car, I'd get a set of SSR comps (pretty much the lightest, and IMO best looking rim out there), and be done with it.
Old 04-27-2003, 10:23 AM
joeshow750

BriGuyMax,
What offsets were available in the M-Sport and what offsets did you choose? Somebody on here said the lowest they went was 35mm?
Thanks
Old 04-27-2003, 01:18 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally posted by joeshow750
BriGuyMax,
What offsets were available in the M-Sport and what offsets did you choose? Somebody on here said the lowest they went was 35mm?
Thanks
I'm getting 35mm all around...and I'm not sure what other offsets they have available.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:09 AM
nychotcop

BriGuyMax,

I really was not directing my comments at you...I just thought it was relevent to the thread ...Volks would not be my first choice either..but I do like them...I just figured that for those that do like the Volk GT-C but can't afford them...or can't justify spending that much on rims might be interested in this less expensive
alternative. http://www.victoriatire.com/package_...ge%20Specials&

Last edited by nychotcop; 04-28-2003 at 05:22 AM.
Old 04-28-2003, 12:53 PM
vics350

Check out the picture from the meet at Nazar's in NH. There was a Lemans Sunset and a Chrome Silver with ADR's and I'll tell you they looked great in person. Not everyone can afford Volks, Racing Harts, iForged, etc. but these wheels do not look cheap in person.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:34 PM
MATIX

I look at it this way, lets say you have a track Z which comes with forged Ray's wheels (same manufacturer for Volk and Nismo rims), putting non-forged rims which are heavier and not as strong is downgrading from the stock track rims...I understand not everyone can afford more expensive rims, but if you're buying a 30k+ car, spend the extra 1000 to get some nice rims which match the quality of the car, I personally held off on the navigation so I could get some nice rims for the car since i wasnt gtting the track model...but to each his own i guess.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:53 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally posted by MATIX
I look at it this way, lets say you have a track Z which comes with forged Ray's wheels (same manufacturer for Volk and Nismo rims), putting non-forged rims which are heavier and not as strong is downgrading from the stock track rims...I understand not everyone can afford more expensive rims, but if you're buying a 30k+ car, spend the extra 1000 to get some nice rims which match the quality of the car, I personally held off on the navigation so I could get some nice rims for the car since i wasnt gtting the track model...but to each his own i guess.
In my case with my Touring Z the factory rims are NOT forged and are heavier than the ADR rims. So I am "upgrading" from what I recieved from the Factory. If I had the track model, I probably would keep the stock rims and get better tires. Plus my stockers are too skinny in the rear at only 8 inches wide. I'm getting 2 9.5 inch wide ADR rears that are much lighter than my 8 inch wide stockers. How is this not upgrading?

BTW - Please don't refer to the ADRs as "shitty rims", they are far from "shitty" just because you purchased top of the line rims does not mean that all less expensive rims are automatically "shitty". These rims are almost $300 a piece and you could get a set of "cheap" 18 inch rims for less than $200 a piece. Give the rims the credit they deserve, they are a good quality rim at a decent price.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:12 PM
max2000jp

Why does everyone think Volks are the greatest. They are nice rims but nothing special. If you dont believe me, check out what rims come with Ferraris and what owners of high end luxury cars choose. If you want the rims that race cars use, go with BBS's.

As for the Volks on the Z, they are a total rip off. You get decent rims with horrible tires for $$$. Nissan could have put on SSRs with S03's for cheaper and gotten a much better package.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:38 PM
joeshow750

Plus my stockers are too skinny in the rear at only 8 inches wide. I'm getting 2 9.5 inch wide ADR rears that are much lighter than my 8 inch wide stockers.
Yeah, that's what I like about the ADR's so much. I mean, with my stock rims can only put about a 255mm rear tire on and anything larger is starting to bulge too much. The ADR's being 9.5 inch allow me to go to 285mm, that way once I'm putting down 350 hp, I'll actually be able to put DOWN 350 hp. It just seems like as the width of the rim grows, the price grows exponentially.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:48 PM
MATIX

Originally posted by max2000jp
Why does everyone think Volks are the greatest. They are nice rims but nothing special. If you dont believe me, check out what rims come with Ferraris and what owners of high end luxury cars choose. If you want the rims that race cars use, go with BBS's.

As for the Volks on the Z, they are a total rip off. You get decent rims with horrible tires for $$$. Nissan could have put on SSRs with S03's for cheaper and gotten a much better package.
Volks are used on race cars, japanese ones...such as the JGTC cars, BBS is a high end rim for euro cars.

Originally posted by BriGuyMaxBTW - Please don't refer to the ADRs as "shitty rims", they are far from "shitty" just because you purchased top of the line rims does not mean that all less expensive rims are automatically "shitty". These rims are almost $300 a piece and you could get a set of "cheap" 18 inch rims for less than $200 a piece. Give the rims the credit they deserve, they are a good quality rim at a decent price.
I dont see any reason to give ADR credit for anything except making knockoffs of other rims, but I will agree they are pretty easy on the wallet.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:04 PM
lotus

Hey matix when are you getting your new wheels? I want to see em. I dont think anyone should buy Volks. The less people that own em the better for those that do
Old 04-28-2003, 03:10 PM
MATIX

theyve been ordered, should be here in a month i hope
Old 04-28-2003, 03:27 PM
max2000jp

Volks are used on race cars, japanese ones...such as the JGTC cars, BBS is a high end rim for euro cars.
BBS rims run on far more race cars than Volks. They were the first to develop forged magnessium rims. My point being, if you want the best for a sports car, go with BBS. Volks are a good product, but you are paying mostly for a name.

On the street where probably 99% of Z's will see use....rims are rims. On the track is where you see the advantages of a lighter rim.

Last edited by max2000jp; 04-28-2003 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:32 PM
MATIX

Originally posted by max2000jp
BBS rims run on far more race cars than Volks. They were the first to develop forged magnessium rims. My point being, it you want the best for a sports car, go with BBS. Volks are a good product, but you are paying mostly for a name.

On the street where probably 99% of Z's will see use....rims are rims. On the track is where you see the advantages of a lighter rim.
Most of the JGTC cars I see all run volk, i realy dont think i'm paying just for the name, volks are all forged and lighweight...TE37's are just as good quality as BBS rims, TE's also come in forged magnesium. You do see more BBS rims on race cars than volks considering that most of hte racing we see here in america is european cars, but if they showed the JGTC series or Japanese race circuits and not European, you'd mostly see Volk....on a sidenote, I have seen a Porsche race car on green TE37's which looked pretty nice

Last edited by MATIX; 04-28-2003 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:44 PM
max2000jp

Most of the JGTC cars I see all run volk, i realy dont think i'm paying just for the name, volks are all forged and lighweight...TE37's are just as good quality as BBS rims, TE's also come in forged magnesium. You do see more BBS rims on race cars than volks considering that most of hte racing we see here in america is european cars, but if they showed the JGTC series or Japanese race circuits and not European, you'd mostly see Volk....on a sidenote, I have seen a Porsche race car on green TE37's which looked pretty nice
JGTC is basically a "minor league" racing series. The big boys play with BBS...FIA-GT, F1, Champ Car, and ALMS. BBS are a notch above Volks...and IMO they copied the designs of some BBS's. I know for a fact that Volk/Rays didnt innovate forged magnessium, BBS created the process to do so. Dont knock the lesser rims because Volk does some copying too.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:53 PM
wheelstudio
Banned

Default IMO Wheels are like....

...Haircuts, shoes, everone has their own flavor, taste etc. I have worked in the industry for a substantial amount of time and learned one very important lesson when it comes to wheels. So long as u are happy with it roll em'. Wheels are round and there not much room for innovation on design and sometimes they are similar to clothes old styles come back! in a variable updated forms but look at the deep dish look with all this talk of lips and whatnot!

ok in regards to quality and expensive vs. cheap it doesnt matter! actually i retract that, there is a point to where if you want maximum performance you must go with a better quality product. Note: I did not say name brand. Many of you work for or deal with manufacturers on some sort of level so many of you should get this.

Fact: there are only so many "Manufacturers". Therefore you could buy a product that is say midline or even low end and have the same quality as the high-end brand names as they are probably made by the same manufacturer or even the same casting machine at a different manufacturer using the very same alloys.

False: "just because i paid 3K plus on my wheels im not going to have any problems." Same goes for when you buy the best deal out there what happens if you have a problem? Either way you go, is some one going to be able/willing to process your claim or your warranty situation or are you stuck? So the real matter is not how much but who you buy your product from. Are they a authorized distributor for the product you are buying? do you feel it is too good of a deal? (if so call the manufacturer) are they providing accessories or an install kit? mounting and balancing? what brand tire? There are many things to consider when purchasing wheels and tires but most of all buy a wheel with a design you like otherwise you wont be happy spending any amount of money...

Quick Reply: What is so bad about ADR?