Wheels & Tires 350Z Rollers and Rubbers

HRE's on Super Black Z

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 09:14 AM
jak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lowered?>

Originally posted by brey///t
Is this car using the std spring? I guess you didn't do anything to the spring and shocks right?

DOes it rub? Did you have to roll fenders?

Thanks
I am not using any springs or shocks yet. These are on the stock suspension. No modifications were required. HRE determined the offsets and they fit right with no rubbing. I did band the sensors to the new wheels and they work great.

I am considering JIC coilovers to lower the car slightly.

Jeff
Old 03-17-2003, 09:46 AM
DrCold

If at all possible, is there anyway you could tell me the offset of these wheels? 19x9 and 19x10.5 is the size i want, but im not too sure about the offsets. I love HRE's, but there is just no way i can afford them. Your wheel and tire sizes are right on the money. Thanks in advance.

Sweet wheels by the way. I love the look, its exactly what im looking for (in terms of size).

-DrCold
Old 03-17-2003, 11:07 AM
jak

The offset info did not come with the wheels. I did not specify my own offset and let HRE figure that out so I don't know. Sorry.

I imagine I could take some measurments but when we are talking milimeters I don't know that I would be that accurate.

Jeff
Old 03-17-2003, 02:27 PM
AAAA

BOMB RIMS! how much did they set you back...HREs are way too much $$$ for me.
Old 03-17-2003, 02:29 PM
DrCold

Originally posted by jak
The offset info did not come with the wheels. I did not specify my own offset and let HRE figure that out so I don't know. Sorry.

I imagine I could take some measurments but when we are talking milimeters I don't know that I would be that accurate.

Jeff
Damn. Well, i guess i'll just have to wait and see what other people end up doing for offsets. Thanks for the quick reply tho. Sweet sweet wheels.

-DrCold
Old 03-17-2003, 02:54 PM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default offsets

With a custom wheel, offsets are not the critical factor. It is the center bore that is critical. To maintain a greater lip, the center bore can be altered. This allows for a greater lip, even with a big brake configuration.

An average set of HRE's runs about 28mm offset in the front. Factory is 33. A 28mm off the shelf rim would not fit.

Unles you go custom, you need at least the same as factory or greater offset.

Regards
Old 03-17-2003, 04:51 PM
jak

Default Re: Looks great

Originally posted by Avalon Racing
Nice look. If you can send me the photos for our web site.

Regards
I would be happy to get you some pics. Where do you want them sent?

Jeff
Old 03-17-2003, 04:54 PM
jak

Originally posted by AAAA
BOMB RIMS! how much did they set you back...HREs are way too much $$$ for me.
Thanks! They set me back around $3600.00 plus tires. I bought them on a group buy through Paul at Avalon Racing.

Jeff
Old 03-17-2003, 07:30 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by jak
RodH,

Here is a shot stright on from the side.
looks great, 19"s are PERFECT For that car!!!
Old 03-18-2003, 11:02 AM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!

Default HRE

Nice job, those look killer. I can't wait to get mine mounted. They are sitting in the garage in boxes. All I need is the car LOL....

zh.guitar
Old 03-18-2003, 12:34 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Nice to see our HRE's on a black Z. concratulations! I love my wheels more everyday. The more you look at them, the more you like them, Jeff
Old 03-18-2003, 12:59 PM
jak

Originally posted by zland
Nice to see our HRE's on a black Z. concratulations! I love my wheels more everyday. The more you look at them, the more you like them, Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I just took the car for a spin today and put some gas in the car. A couple of guys getting gas were checking out the HRE's. I haven't driven the car much, the snow has just melted here But I can tell a difference in handling. I was thinking about a JIC coilover supension with progressive springs from Paul at Avalon next. Have you done anything with your suspension yet?

Jeff
Old 03-18-2003, 01:04 PM
jak

Default Re: HRE

Originally posted by zh.guitar
Nice job, those look killer. I can't wait to get mine mounted. They are sitting in the garage in boxes. All I need is the car LOL....

zh.guitar
Thanks. You were part of the group buy to right? When do get your car and what color?

Jeff
Old 03-18-2003, 01:19 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Jeff:

No, i have not modded suspension yet. I keep debating on which to do. At this point, I am not thinking of tracking it but would love to get even better performance in handling when i drop it. I was thinking of waiting until after summer is over. I am a teacher so i will be out of the country in summer so I was thinking it would allow time for all products to come out and be evaluated by members. At this point here is what I am thinking:

1. Eibach's: Dropped 1.2 rear, .8 ft, progressive springs, seem to get good evaluations thus far from other members. Bob, you set up the HRE SEMA show car drove it with them on 19" 275/295 wheels and said it rode great and no rubbing.

2. NISMO suspension: Factory has got to be good stuff with no major problems. Got a family member that is a master tech for nissan, can get discount. I am waiting to se how much i can get these for when released in USA.

3. Coilovers: I know these are nice but not sure if price I would pay is worth it for what I would do with the car. Maybe E-bach would do what i need and be much less costs?

So what is your thinking at this point Jeff????

Jeff W
Old 03-18-2003, 01:44 PM
jak

Jeff,

Well I am in the same boat as you. I probably will never track the car but would like to "stabilize" that rear end bounce and lower the car slightly for looks and additional handling.

The coilovers seem so pricey and are probably overkill for my purposes.

I am also worried about ride. I don't want it any harsher.

However, Paul at Avalon said the JIC's (which are more geared for the track) are now available with a progressive spring instead of the linear spring making them softer and primarily for street use. This is appealing to me because they are (I think) 15 way adjustable. I am thinking I should be able to find a setting that I like where as the Nismo set up or just the Eibach springs are not adjustable take it or leave it situation.

I still like the Eibach route because of price but if the stock shocks wear out prematurely that would add to the cost and for me hassle.

Bottom line I am leaning towards the JIC's with the softer springs but I really don't know.

Jeff K

Last edited by jak; 03-18-2003 at 01:48 PM.
Old 03-18-2003, 02:06 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Jeff:

Do you happen to know if there is a good replacement shock for the Eibach set up that will compensate for the shorter distance. I would hate to be constantly having to replace the shocks because of a mod...Jeff
Old 03-18-2003, 09:03 PM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!

Default hre

Jak, Yes I was part of the group buy on the HRE's. I was supposed to get my Z this month but they "forgot" to order it. So now it should be in April. I order a Super Black, touring, burnt orange, 6 spd, all but nav and aero. I'm adding the veilside 1 front lip. Assuming it actually comes in and they don't "forget" it. I got the 445r's 19x8.5/9.5. Toyo proxes t1-s 245/40-275/35. I hope they look as good as yours.

I've been following your conversation with Jeff too. (hi Jeff) I am also considering the suspension but have a feeling I'll leave it because some of the roads here can be bumpy and the ride is stiff enough for me but who knows. I'll see what you guys have to say.

I'm also considering the Stillen cat-back exhaust. If the supercharger gets under warranty then I'll add that too.

seth (zh.guitar)
Old 03-19-2003, 02:35 AM
Avalon Racing
Sponsor
Avalon Racing

Default suspensions and exhuast

For the JIC FLT-A2's we have a seconf version now that is valved and utilizes a rear progressive rate spring. It give a ride very similiar to stock and still increases handling. You also still get the full 15 way adjustments and hide height.

As for the exhuasts - We have the Stillen, Injen, B&B and JIC ready to roll.

Hope your car comes in soon.

Regards
Old 03-19-2003, 05:27 AM
jak

ZH.GUITAR

Can't wait to see yor set up. I was thinkinng of doing some front end treatment to. I was looking at the Balsarini front bumper but they are hard to get.

Jeff
Old 03-19-2003, 05:31 AM
jak

Originally posted by zland
Jeff:

Do you happen to know if there is a good replacement shock for the Eibach set up that will compensate for the shorter distance. I would hate to be constantly having to replace the shocks because of a mod...Jeff
I haven't heard of any and that is the main reason I have been shying away from the Eibachs. I don't want that shock replacement hassle either.

Jeff